nl

Site upgrade - bugs and change requests

Volgen 3
Delen
Topic toevoegen
Zoeken
Ray
Ray | 09-08-2022 13:22
This is a support page for the site upgrade, read more about this here: Site Upgrade – Beta Version Launched!.

Below is a list with known bugs and change requests and their status.

If you found a new bug or would like to submit a change request, please let me know by leaving a comment in this topic.

Bugs

[open] Cropping pictures
When cropping an uploaded picture by using the zoom option in combination with the dragging function, the picture may not be copped as presented in the preview.
[open] Review notifications don't work for rejected content
When submitted content completed review and was rejected, the notification doesn't work.
[closed] System doesn't recognize featured artists in tracklist titles
[closed] "No Video available for this song"
On song pages that have a video linked sometimes a "No Video available for this song" appears.
[closed] Video search remains empty
When trying to enter a video for a song, the search results sometimes remain empty.
[closed] "add new artist" button ias broken
When adding a featured artist to a song, the "add new artist" button (for adding artists not in the system yet) is broken and returns an error.
[closed] The bookmark/playlist-button does not shows up as yellow on bookmarked content.
[closed] "bonus-track" tag not working properly
When adding bonus tracks to an album page by appending [Bonus Track] to the end of the song title, it will now show up in the tracklist with [Bonus Track] after it twice - one of these actually being added to the title, while the other one is the proper system identifier.
[closed] "add-label" button is missing
When trying to enter an unknown label, the "+add new record label" button is missing.
[closed] Remove content without approving other content
If content is added that already exists and you use the remove / already exists option, the remove option should take care of all the other content and no manual review should be needed.
[closed] Loading a picture made system hang.
When loading a picture over a non-secure HTTP connection, the system should raise an alert.
[closed] The edit-form of the "about" song/album is not working.
[closed] The album link is empty wen reviewing an album removal request.
When reviewing an album removal request, the link to the correct album remains empty.
[closed] Pressing Enter key shows error page
On the "Download from Internet" form, pressing the Enter key shows an error page.
[closed] Pictures won't load correctly
Picture that succecsfully loaded in the old system don't load anymor ein the new system.
[closed] Changing the capitalization of an artist name gives duplicate error
The new system doesn't recognize changing the capitalization of an artist name, an duplicte error is shown.
[closed] Reviewing an album gives infinite load symbol when tracklist contains special quotes
When opening the review form for a new or improved album that has non-standard quotes in the tracklist, you run into an infinite loading symbol.
[closed] Link in my-content don't work for new content
After adding a song or album, the link in my-content don't work.
[closed] Album and song cover don't load after move
When moving an album or song to another artist, the cover (if exists) won't load. The remove functionality has been disabled until this issue has been fixed.
[closed] Review notifications don't work
When content you submitted has been reviewed, the notification with the review results doesn't work.
[closed] New artists don't appear correctly in searchengine
After adding an artist and looking up this artist in the searchengine, the search results are blank. There is a search result for the artist, but no name or other text is displayed.
[closed] Infinite loading review button
When clicking on the review button while no items are in the review-queue, the page hangs ("infinite loading").
[closed] Prepublished content appears as "improvement" in queue
When content is pre-published on the site (i.e. already added to the site, but still under review) it appears in the review queue as "improvement". it should actually appear as "new".
[closed] Header styling incorrect
The new header styling is not always displayed properly.
[closed] Review queue popup doesn't close
When you open an item to review from the review list, the review list doesn't close. After reviewing the item, a new review list is opened. The result is that you end up with multiple popups that you have to close.
[closed] Infinite loading after reviewing
When reviewing an item in review the page hangs ("infinite loading").
[closed] The resource button does nothing when you click on it
The "Resources"-button on the CMS form doesn't do anything when you click on it. The button has been removed.

Change requests

Update Sitemap
Update the sitemap.
Make gallery pictures accessible for header-pictures
Make gallery pictures accessible for header-pictures
Rebuild header-picture from old system
The header pictures from the old system don't look nice in the new layout because the new system stretches these images. A rebuild of thes pictures should fix the problem.
[closed] Reinstall back and forward tabs on albums
On song pages the back- and forward tabs on albums whoud be reinstalled.
[closed] Make capitalization of names consistent
The capitalization across the site is inconsistent when dealing with artist names and song titles that are in all-lowercase.
[closed] Improved error handling at picture uploading form
When uploading a picture fails, the system does now produces a better error message of what went wrong.
[closed] Featured artists form has an edit-option now
Featured artists can now be edited.
[closed] System accepts shorter lyrics
[closed] Tabe restored on member profile pages
The tabs are re-added on the member pages to make things more clear and intuitive. Now you can "jump" to the section of the profile you want.
[closed] Museum updated
The LSI Museum Site has been updated with the 2009 through 2022 site design.
76 tot 100 van 109 reacties
pagina 4 van 5
roxcyn
roxcyn | 25-01-2023 17:54
The + symbol is gone to add new songs to the website. HELP!
Ray
Ray | 25-01-2023 21:57
Help is here Adding songs seem to work fine for me. Where you expect the + symbol where it currently isn't?
Emml1985
Emml1985 | 25-01-2023 22:29
For some reason, I'm starting to have double trouble - first one, I can't erase an album, and now I can't seem to add a new song to the artist
roxcyn
roxcyn | 25-01-2023 23:53
No, it's gone for me. See screenshots: here and here

I agree, Emml, I don't see the options anymore.
Ray
Ray | 26-01-2023 10:00
Thanks, clear desciption. I think I fixed it. Please re-check
Emml1985
Emml1985 | 26-01-2023 15:19
It works - thanks
MCSMeister
MCSMeister | 27-01-2023 02:34
I've been noticing this more and more lately, but many times when I go to upload an artist header picture, I'll put in the URL and it doesn't show me the preview the first time, instead just showing me the three-button Image Editor dialog box. When I refresh the page and repeat the steps, then it'll show up. This doesn't always happen, so I don't know how easy it'll be to catch, but figured it was time I report this one. I know you're probably tired of me reporting issues related to uploading pictures at this point
MCSMeister
MCSMeister | 28-01-2023 17:17
It looks like the system is now failing to detect existing songs when creating an album tracklist. I just had to submit removal requests for a bunch of duplicate pages since I didn't realize this until after the fact. It will display "Add this track as new song" for all songs even if the page exists.
roxcyn
roxcyn | 29-01-2023 16:55
Thanks Ray, and yes I just added an album. There was already one of the songs and the system tried to add it as another song!
Ray
Ray | 30-01-2023 10:05
The album link issue has been fixed
PracticePractic
PracticePractic | 02-02-2023 22:52
Just FYI heads up... a few minutes ago c 5:34 pm ET,

After I just posted in the Comments section of Randomness...so you know "about " when this occurred.

I voted on a few songs---using the new site of course!

AND THEN

Surprise! I started to notice the "voting" tabs plus the ranking,[+] button etc all appearing in the first line of the Song Page, like the old site had.

I checked top of page...still says : "[bell] back to old website" so I KNEW I was in the new website...

And they all appeared (or started to appear) as the old style had, while in new one..

So maybe you were just testing something at that time, or switching things there

Otherwise, its a one time event....but only of concern if it keeps happening---so letting others who read this thread know of that backsliding to old website items....

Strange.....I checked the OLD site and those items like [+] to add to playlist or Vote or ranking buttons are all missing....or am I not remembering the old site

Fortunately I took photos of the event.. so in case you need proof......

* offtopic :
Off topic: Anyway, I preferred not taking up the header photo with those items, but that is me talking
MCSMeister
MCSMeister | 06-02-2023 19:03
Where are we supposed to go to remove duplicate artist pages on the new site? I'm trying to remove Pablo Vittar as it's a duplicate of Pabllo Vittar, but I'm not seeing any option to remove it in the "Improve Artist" window. Previously, I had to go to the old site in order to do this, but it looks like the new site is fully rolled out now.
Ray
Ray | 06-02-2023 21:45
Where are we supposed to go to remove duplicate artist pages on the new site?

The "Improve Artist" form is the correct form. Then go the the last tab ("remove") on the right. The rest will explain itself I think.
MCSMeister
MCSMeister | 07-02-2023 04:27
The "Improve Artist" form is the correct form. Then go the the last tab ("remove") on the right. The rest will explain itself I think.

I still don't see any "remove" tab. The rightmost tab for me is "header picture". Screenshot here.

I can see the tab on the "Improve Song" form, but not the "Improve Artist" form.
roxcyn
roxcyn | 08-02-2023 00:42
Uh oh, that option is gone, Ray. I don't see it either.
PracticePractic
PracticePractic | 08-02-2023 00:53
Congratulations Ray and everyone!

I went to check out if "header picture" is [or was] the rightmost tab on the "old" website.....and....

There is no more "[bell] back to old website" Yellow button!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

YAY! We are all in the new website to stay!!!
Ray
Ray | 09-02-2023 14:40
I still don't see any "remove" tab.

Uh oh, that option is gone, Ray. I don't see it either.

Problem fixed, the option should be visible now.

We are all in the new website to stay!!!

MCSMeister
MCSMeister | 01-03-2023 02:18
When adding a featured artist to a song, the "add new artist" button (for adding artists not in the system yet) is broken and returns this error. Not sure if this is still in the process of being worked on behind the scenes, but thought it'd be good to mention here regardless.
Ray
Ray | 06-03-2023 13:29
The "add-new-artist" button should work now.
MCSMeister
MCSMeister | 12-03-2023 14:18
The "add-new-artist" button should work now.

Yup, it's working on my end! The only issue is that the button reads "add new artist (test)", which I assume was meant to be temporary until the functionality was fixed.
PracticePractic
PracticePractic | 13-03-2023 16:18
Playlist has a new header design! YAY!

and its crystal clear, without the annoying grid lines that make for fuzzy images!
PracticePractic
PracticePractic | 14-03-2023 16:21
And maybe because I mentioned it..................

You moved the design elements from the right side over to the left side! The "floating" musical notation etc!.
roxcyn
roxcyn | 16-03-2023 06:10
YAY for Ray! It looks awesome!
PracticePractic
PracticePractic | 16-03-2023 23:47
And and ..... lets see I see now 10 notes and many many Treble Clefs all over the header skin.....

I see and count 12, 13, 14, notes!
.........no there are 20.....now
.......no ---counting again ...its 30..........

Its sooooooooooooooooo many!!!!! Its our own personal playlist with a proper header image of musical notes just for that!

Thank you Ray!!
PracticePractic
PracticePractic | 18-03-2023 23:41
Ohhhhhhhhhhhh Now we're talking superior web designs at top of "My Playlist" section of LetsSingIt!

You are definitely making LetsSingIt 21st century Webby Award material!

1. Can we choose from a list of skins for the general purpose "My" Playlist? "My Profile"? that are stored on the main website so I don't suffer from losing my photo (as I did once) when my site I took it from closed down?

2. OR maybe "rotate" your designs (all THREE of those you worked so hard to design so far as all are great!)
Like you [used to do--I see its now "LSI=Headphones of the world" graphic/non-changing] at the start when you first enter LetsSingIt and the top header banner used to slide over and over and over! [Right to left].

Action is always better than static, so long as its automatic it should not use up processing time or memory requirements and not cause crashes of older computer systems, correct? It will work on landscape on phones too!

3. [Unless this #3 belongs under "Killer Ideas" but I'm certain you know about this from other sites.]

As long as I'm thinking inside the box of "My Playlist" How about having somewhere the "fake" (yeah I know its kinda fake but looks "cool" ) of having in the top area "treble" and "base" audio High/in red, Medium/in green Low/in yellow movement of audio levels as your chosen SONG is playing? Better than just looking at the tiny YT photo at the bottom, as it adds more information?
gast
gast
POP OUT OPSLAAN opslaan ...
Lees verder: