nl

Back after 15 years

Volgen 4
Delen
Topic toevoegen
Zoeken
Jus_being_me
Jus_being_me | 11-02-2020 20:58
Have you ever heard of the mortified podcast? It's basically people reading from their diaries as kids, I never wrote a diary but I did contribute to this forum alot.... About 15 years ago. Thing is, I've no Idea if I can see this content. Any ideas lf its possible. We're talking 2004/2008 max. Let's call it morbid curiosity at what s precocious tit I was Haha xx
22 reacties
PracticePractic
PracticePractic | 11-02-2020 21:30
Hi Jus_
Just tried it now (as we received a design makeover here a week or so ago)
All you need to do is search for "Randomness" using the search magnifying glass icon.
On left menu dots, click on "topic"
and you should see a number of the earlier Randomnesses all listed there. Pick a year and check inside.
I'm doing that now, if I find you I'll post a link.
Good luck with your content search!
Joeyy
Joeyy | 11-02-2020 23:40
What was your username? You can search for that and should be able to view your profile comments on there. Or, like PracticePractic said, you can search for a thread title if you remember the names of threads you posted in. There are also a few "older" members who still post here - perhaps they'll remember you.
CaptainStabbin
CaptainStabbin | 12-02-2020 00:23
What was your username?
Captain_Keeta
Captain_Keeta | 12-02-2020 00:26
Yep, it's possible lol. Welcome back!
PracticePractic
PracticePractic | 12-02-2020 01:21
I went with her current name Jus_being_me

Profile says: Registered: 08-01-2004 05:29 PM

So looking in Randomness circa the years she mentioned, as eventually everyone who was active posted sometime in there.

Problem(?) with this site is that since each page is kept so distinct from the others, there is no easy way for me to connect the pages and just use Google or some search function to search all the pages in a thread in .10 secs! That would speed things up considerably.
Jus_being_me
Jus_being_me | 12-02-2020 09:07
Okay, it's great that this is actually achievable. I mean, if it's not then that's just as fine I just wanted a laugh at myself.
I vaguely remember a thread I started, very likely contributed to an early "randomness is the answer" and I seem to remember alot of talk about peeing in the shower. Ha.
I've looked through my account but don't see any links or threads to things I might have said. I did have a Google of my user name and forum with no success. Hmmm. I wish I had paid more attention in school computer class :')
Joeyy
Joeyy | 12-02-2020 23:35
I did think to check their profile, but you can see immediately that there aren't contributions from fifteen years ago. Thus, my thinking they may have had another username.

I looked at my own profile last night and it looks very different to what I remember. Didn't we used to see only our own comments, rather than seeing the same comment four times (for example) because of its 'likes' from other people? And wasn't it much easier to find our oldest posts - by clicking the last page number, instead of the current format where we have to keep clicking to see more (and then scrolling down to click again)?

It seems needlessly complicated now, and a huge shame for people who want to look back on their old comments (unless I'm missing something).

Anyway, hope you do manage to find what you're looking for.
PracticePractic
PracticePractic | 12-02-2020 23:48
I looked at my own profile last night and it looks very different to what I remember. Didn't we used to see only our own comments, rather than seeing the same comment four times (for example) because of its 'likes' from other people? And wasn't it much easier to find our oldest posts - by clicking the last page number, instead of the current format where we have to keep clicking to see more (and then scrolling down to click again)?

It seems needlessly complicated now, and a huge shame for people who want to look back on their old comments (unless I'm missing something).

Correct, correct, and correct Joey.

I know you might not have followed all the "support" posts I have done over past year...but you summed it up nicely there better than me.
I do miss the ability for each of us to go back in time to our first postings. That ability was removed last year (2018 I'm talking about)---it saves memory and using the site in order to access it I'm told and I do know, but again Ray says I was the only one using it with any regularity, so not worth keeping it alive for myself and those who return every 15 years or so.

Yes, our own comments can be distinguished as they are colored (mine appear as yellow, but others report other colors depending upon how their computer color wheel is set up), so you can tell the difference between own posts and the likes.

Yes its very slow and cumbersome to go and say "show more" + "show more" and if you ever should want to see what the comments were above or below yours that you were responding to, you lose your place in that stack of "show mores" and have to begin the process all over again.

I did something like this to check for "Just_being_me" and still have one tab open where I left off....only way to do this.

Ray is correct, all of the old posts do exist, but since (see my complaint above in this thread) all of the threads are very divided into pages, you can't ask search engines like "google" to search a whole thread of 200 pages to find the phrase "Just_being_me".....its one little page at a time x 200 times.

Sorry Joey, I wrote too much again *sigh*

Have a good day.
Joeyy
Joeyy | 13-02-2020 00:49
Don't be sorry, Practice. I appreciate the explanation. It's really a shame it's changed.
PracticePractic
PracticePractic | 13-02-2020 05:20
Thank you Joey. Its ok----

I'm a fighter for what I believe in....so not giving up on LSI yet despite changes. Will stay around and help as much as I have time for.

Take care
PracticePractic
PracticePractic | 13-02-2020 13:40
Guess I'm hijacking (not allowed?) Jus_being_me's topic to say this additional item to Joey:
(at least I'm spelling her user name correctly ---

1. apologies for not spelling correctly so in my last post and no Mod power to fix it)

wasn't it much easier to find our oldest posts - by clicking the last page number

Sorry I forgot to mention.....
The site has a time barrier!
You can't go back in time and see your (or in case of mine---oldest posts from 2015!)
Only the last 1000 or posts are shown....In my case its shorter [Only last 14 days of posts can I search!]
as I tended to write longer posts so maybe there is a megabyte size involved too.

So even if you patiently clicked on "show more" eventually those blue boxes stop working and leave you without your last post, even on your own profile page.

Ray says everything has been saved and can be found....he is correct!
But its just not that easy anymore like when I first came here in 2015.
Jus_being_me
Jus_being_me | 13-02-2020 13:54
Well this is very sad. I just wanted a giggle at my 14/15 year old self. Thank you all so much for your advice and direction. My profile just has the comment's from this thread on it and nothing from a time gone by. My user name was only ever Jus_being_me (ashamed that my younger self deemed it cool to miss spell "just")
Anyway. I'll have a little mooch through the archives and see what comes up. Loves to you all x
Ray
Ray | 13-02-2020 14:07
Welcome back Rosh!

You can use the LSI Search (search on "poster") to pull up all your old posts. It goes all the way up to the first post, there is no time restriction. But doing a search it seems your account does not have any posts.

But, the reason is... you were using another account, this must be the one you're talking about: Just_being_me.
PracticePractic
PracticePractic | 13-02-2020 14:12
Ray is correct!

Ray has provided the answer! All posts can be searched back to original date of sign on using that method!

never thought to try that
My fault!
Joeyy
Joeyy | 13-02-2020 23:02
Oh yeah! Excellent. But then why not tell Practice when he was originally upset about the profile search changing?
PracticePractic
PracticePractic | 13-02-2020 23:49
Its ok, I assumed it was accomplished during a later redesign of the search feature between the time I first raised the problem and the second design development we see this past week or two. Unless I'm wrong again.....

Not doing that well at guessing things lately....don't ask me for lottery numbers!
roxcyn
roxcyn | 14-02-2020 04:43
Welcome back Rosh, OG member!
Jus_being_me
Jus_being_me | 14-02-2020 09:22
Guys! You've helped unearth a monster.
I'm learning alot about the younger Rosheen not much of it is good. I had alot of anger towards one particular member (Fwb) if anyone remembers them, I had a concerning preoccupation with hard core drugs of which I had never tried- thank Christ I didn't go too fardown that route! And generally was a bit of a lost monster who needed a good talking to.
This has been great though, what an experience. Thank you all so much for guiding me to the right path. I look forward to talking more on these topics
Joeyy
Joeyy | 14-02-2020 15:32
He's still around.

Glad you're having fun reminiscing.
Captain_Keeta
Captain_Keeta | 14-02-2020 16:52
I had alot of anger towards one particular member (Fwb)

Uh oh.
FireWaterBurn6
FireWaterBurn6 | 14-02-2020 20:00
Jus_being_me
Jus_being_me | 15-02-2020 14:04
Hahah hey!! Wow. My 15 year old self did not like you! But what did she know.
gast
gast
POP OUT OPSLAAN opslaan ...
Lees verder: