nl

Issue adding Bonus Tracks to albums

Volgen 2
Delen
Topic toevoegen
Zoeken
MCSMeister
MCSMeister | 12-12-2019 16:04
This is an issue I've been dealing with for some time, and figure I should finally point it out. Since I don't have to add bonus tracks super often, I just worked around it, but of course bugs should still be reported.

When adding a bonus track to a tracklist by using the [Bonus Track] parenthetical, what often happens is that the "[Bonus Track]" will become a part of the title as well, which shouldn't happen. As thus, the song will appear with two "[Bonus Track]" parentheticals in the tracklist.

Since this is slightly confusing to explain in words, here's what it looks like in the tracklist when this happens, and here's what it looks like on the Edit Album page. As you can see on the Album Edit page, the system does mark these songs as bonus tracks, but the "[Bonus Track]" is also automatically added to the title itself.

I find that this only really seems to happen when I'm creating a new bonus track page from the Edit Album page. Usually, if the song already exists, but hasn't been marked as a bonus track before, this won't happen.
5 reacties
Ray
Ray | 13-12-2019 11:56
Thanks for reporting, this sounds like a bug for sure .

I'm trying to reproduce this issue, but I don't see it happening. Do you perhaps have the steps to reproduce it?
MCSMeister
MCSMeister | 13-12-2019 14:18
Sure thing! I performed a test on this test album page (which I didn't even know was a thing - I see you created that though )

1. Go to the Edit Album page, then Edit Tracklist.
2. Add the bonus track, such as Song [Bonus Track]. Make sure the song doesn't have a page yet.
3. Once you save the page, the error should appear.

As I said before, I'm pretty certain this only happens when the song does not exist prior to editing the tracklist. If it is newly created from the Edit Tracklist page, then that seems to be when this error arises.

That said, I just tested it with 3 brand new bonus tracks on the Test Album, and only one of them returned this error. I'm convinced this error may occur at random and I don't think it occurs 100% of the time, which I understand may be problematic if you're looking into possible causes, but I'm trying my best to explain, haha.
Ray
Ray | 22-12-2019 16:02
It think I got it fixed
MCSMeister
MCSMeister | 23-12-2019 02:15
So far not seeing any errors! If I do, I'll report back

Now to send all of these test songs to the deletion queue...lol
roxcyn
roxcyn | 23-12-2019 02:28
Thanks Ray and Nicolas!!!
gast
gast