nl
Volgen 3
Delen
Topic toevoegen
Zoeken
Captain_Keeta
Captain_Keeta | 11-12-2019 05:16
Hey Ray.

Can't seem to connect to the site with my regular IP but can connect via a VPN. Looks like there's a blacklist issue. Might be what Practice was having issues with. I spoke with Nicholas over Discord about it and said this is exactly what happened with him too. Thanks Ray!
21 reacties
PracticePractic
PracticePractic | 11-12-2019 05:24
Thinking;

Could a virus have infected the Servers in Netherlands operating LetsSingIt site? And randomly be blacklisting members IPs? (as it is there is no way for a "non-member" to report problems to Ray or the site as you must be a member to get minimal PM capability---unless they find your or Aisha's links under management/advertisements and contact you through there to inform Ray, that they too, are having problems connecting with LetsSingIt,

I raise it ONLY as now Jeff is reporting this problem with his IP
roxcyn
roxcyn | 11-12-2019 08:22
Well that's not good at all, Jeff. You can always message me if needed.
Captain_Keeta
Captain_Keeta | 11-12-2019 10:24
???? I'm confused as to what that would solve.

That's not a bad theory Practice. Maybe not a virus but something that is causing this interesting problem. We will see what he reports.
PracticePractic
PracticePractic | 11-12-2019 10:53
Solves nothing....

Just pointing out that Ray may only communicate and see "full members" complaints about not being able to "reach" the site.

There can be thousands! (yes Jeff! 1000's) of attempted connections by those who do not and will never become "members" but use the site as they Google a song or get directed here by other means.

and today, those unknown visitors/guests can be getting "DNS denied" or some other 404/500 error type message...

and Jeff... do you know what 100% of them do? Absolutely nothing at all! they go to a competing website
and sign in there to get their Lyrics and then vanish...only remembering that "LetsSingIt" was out of order the last time they tried...

So I'm making it clearer in my message/posting what is at stake here..... that we members are just a tip of the iceberg if this is really happening more often to the one time only visitors who use the site (and who can rate the site if they like it or not too!)

Ratings count Jeff! They are the lifeblood of the Internet! And drive the ad revenue etc etc..

Just posting here what most everyone and Ray already know...so its clear what the problem might be bigger than just "Practice" could not even get to the web site for 3 days solid.
Ray
Ray | 11-12-2019 14:50
Problem solved Jeff. Your IP indeed got auto blacklisted by the system. Dang. My apologies.

I'll look into this system, because kicking out real users is not what this system is supposed to do.
Captain_Keeta
Captain_Keeta | 11-12-2019 15:17
Thank you kindly, Ray! Thanks for fixing this problem so quick!
MCSMeister
MCSMeister | 11-12-2019 18:53
Honestly I'm curious where this blacklist information is coming from. It's happened to me twice in the past and now has affected Jeff. Really strange.

I believe the first time I was blacklisted, Ray said you could be blacklisted for "many innocent reasons", but I'm curious what those reasons actually are. And of all IPs in the world, why would site members be a part of the blacklist?

Practice is absolutely right about guests visiting the site; I have to wonder how many are affected by this as well. If they get an error that they can't connect, they will leave and think LSI is a dead site.
roxcyn
roxcyn | 11-12-2019 19:12
I agree with you guys. That is NOT good if we're blocking innocent people from viewing the website. Reaching out to us outside of the website will help us determine what's going on. Maybe we need to use a better blocking list?
Captain_Keeta
Captain_Keeta | 11-12-2019 19:21
I'm just glad I have a VPN service because we figured out that my IP was blocked. Anything we can do to help out, Ray?
Ray
Ray | 13-12-2019 13:46
NOT good if we're blocking innocent people from viewing the website.

I couldn't agree more. I wish these type of defense tools would not be needed in the first place. But these day, unfortunately they are. But, these tools should definitely not cross the line where they start to block innocent people. I looked into all the innocent blocks to see where it goes wrong. I see it only happened on rare occasions.

... I'm curious where this blacklist information is coming from.

Part of the information is coming from a global third party IP Spam database. The IP addresses of the blocked users were marked as spam in this database. I'm not sure what the criteria are to get listed in this database and how long it takes to get automatially unlisted. I'm looking into this to avoid further blocking innocent people.
RaphJC_34
RaphJC_34 | 13-12-2019 17:59
My local IP has the same issue reported by PracticePractic. Ivé tried with two different ISP and I can connect to website LetsSingit. I just connect when I share my mobile internet from the cellphone.
roxcyn
roxcyn | 14-12-2019 06:10
Raph, I hope Ray unblocks you. Ray please look into that.
Captain_Keeta
Captain_Keeta | 14-12-2019 06:11
He will. Relax man.
Ray
Ray | 14-12-2019 11:46
Raph, I don't have your IP on file. Can you send me your IP, then I can fix the problem
RaphJC_34
RaphJC_34 | 14-12-2019 22:32
My IP seems to be random. There's no permanent through my internet router.
Ray
Ray | 14-12-2019 22:34
Maybe the first part of the address that doesn't change?
Captain_Keeta
Captain_Keeta | 14-12-2019 22:52
That sounds like a problem indeed.
PracticePractic
PracticePractic | 14-12-2019 23:49
I have a static IP--and it kept me out.

Maybe there is one of those machine identification numbers being utilized somehow? Intel [chip mfr] says they are not, but I've seen articles about how they can be used to identify users on Internet??? Just suggesting from the bare few bits of data in this thread so far.

[Please see 7 posts above this one where RalphJC_34 wrote "can" I assume he meant "can't" else what is the problem?]
Ray
Ray | 20-12-2019 12:50
Any updates on the IP Ralph? Any piece of info is good.
RaphJC_34
RaphJC_34 | 13-01-2020 18:59
Hey Ray. I just got noticed today that I can access to whe LSI website directly form my ISP at home. Thanks for your help in the cause of keep on adding content here.
Ray
Ray | 13-01-2020 19:47
That's great to hear! If there is more I can do, just let me know
gast
gast
POP OUT OPSLAAN opslaan ...
Lees verder: