nl

Randomness Is The Answer #188

Volgen 0
Delen
Topic toevoegen
Zoeken
Captain_Keeta
Captain_Keeta | 16-12-2017 15:53
This is just a friendly reminder that Tom Brady got outplayed by Jay Cutler. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

-----------------------------------------------------

The following is a paid broadcast from Stanley...

*insert commercial jingle*

Please, people, let's not forget what the great HappyLion said when he first opened this thread back in '02...

Tired of "favorite..."s and "hate..."s?
Tired of religious wars?
Tired of disputes over words like "gay"?
Feeling random...?

Or are you just one of those people who don't make any sense anyway...?

THEN DROP BY THE RANDOMNESS, THE PLACE WHERE YOU CAN JUST GET THAT WEIRDNESS OFF YOUR MIND!

-----------------------R U L E S-------------------------

1. Posts in this thread (with this one as a possible exception...) may make no sense whatsoever!

2. Try to read all existing posts before posting a new one...

3. DO NOT USE MORE THAN 3 SMILEYS PER POST!

4. BE ORIGINAL!

5. Have fun for Christ's sake!

6. (Don't) Spam!
4,951 tot 4,975 van 5,001 reacties
pagina 199 van 201
CaptainStabbin
CaptainStabbin | 05-12-2018 02:09
Why haven't they released Joe Mixon then, Carl? He literally knocked a woman out. What Hunt did wasn't even close to the kind of shit Joe Mixon did.

Jeff, your above post is a direct reply to the post below made by Carl:

Of course they were going to release him. He LIED TO THE TEAM. if you are going to lie to your team about something like that, you can never be trusted again. Chiefs still won without him though. YAAAYYY!

The topic is clearly how the Chiefs released Hunt after what he did. When you replied with they, it looked like you were talking about the Chiefs releasing Mixon. When I read your post, I also thought you were talking about the Chiefs considering your reply. If you had said the NFL instead of saying they, then it would have been clear what you meant. Granted, you added it later on in your post in a different section but your wording was poor.

Carls post makes perfect sense in response to yours and its not out of this world for him to think you were referring to the Chiefs. Whatever issue you 2 have with each other is getting pretty old.
Deny it all you like Jeff but you seem to go out of your way to take shots at him. Maybe its because you're both guys and we are hard wired to want to kick the shit out of somebody who is annoying us or we strongly dislike, and with the internet we can't do it. I don't really know what the issue is. My suggestion, for the benefit of the forum, is to just stay out of each others way and not directly speak to each other.

Patton Oswalt is a funny dude Ant. I know you're a Bill Burr fan, do you check out his podcasts at all?
Captain_Keeta
Captain_Keeta | 05-12-2018 02:23
Yeah I wasn't referring to the chiefs releasing Mixon lmao. Had absolutely nothing to do with that. And I'm not really sure why you're bringing up the past because I have no problem with Carl at all. Back then I did because I was hungry for posts lol but I'd have a beer with Carl and a round of golf or even a baseball game. Kind of a strange way to turn the topic. Yikes.
Cheater138
Cheater138 | 05-12-2018 02:29
In agreement with Joe, honestly. There is a lot of tension there. You both have your moments when it's very evident. Deny it if you want, but it's easy to see.
fishmunky
fishmunky | 05-12-2018 02:51
I love bill burr. His stand-up even the cranky old man stuff I disagree with is delivered amazingly.

I haven't listened to his podcast very often, but I catch bits because folks tend to snip and share it when he drops some transcendent insight
CaptainStabbin
CaptainStabbin | 05-12-2018 03:04
How are you these days Sarah?

I just recently got into his podcasts and its just him reading letters/emails and giving advice to people. Occasionally his wife jumps in too and I laugh the whole time. I came across Kellen Erskine recently and his style is very similar. Highly recommend it if you're looking to laugh.
Captain_Keeta
Captain_Keeta | 05-12-2018 03:22
Well I can assure you there is no tension anywhere. It really didn't need to be brought up though.
CarlJ
CarlJ | 05-12-2018 12:43
Decorated my cubicle....but it's just blah this year. think Jennifer and I are adopting a 10 yr old boys' Christmas list from her school. Hopefully going to go out and get his gifts this weekend. He's a Star Wars fan....perfect for us. lol

As for Jeff.....I only respond if he says something like what he said with the post he made. Joe understood what i read from his remarks about Mixon.
CarlJ
CarlJ | 05-12-2018 18:55
The service for Bush was really good. George W. lasted all the way thru his eulogy for his dad until the end. Well done. Was a beautiful service.
Joeyy
Joeyy | 05-12-2018 23:32
It definitely is a sleep regression. I feel like being a first time parent, you basically have to Google everything, because no one tells you stuff in advance.

I get the same impression from every other first-time parent I know. Baby books can only teach you so much, and it's not like you can maintain all the info anyway.

There's a quote on parenting in one of my favourite films --

Everyone's parents fucked them up. They either left them or stuck around and taught them the wrong stuff. Rich kids' parents give them too much; poor kids' not enough. You either get too much attention or not enough. My parents are just these two people who didn't like each other very much who got married and had a kid. And they tried to be nice to me.

It seems to ring true. I don't think I know anyone who doesn't have issues with at least one of their parents, even if they try to bury it or say it's all in the past now. My cousin had her first baby a couple of weeks ago; apparently she's been in therapy because of how scared she is to be a parent and fuck it up. I told her in the card to simply love him unconditionally and raise him with kindness; that's all you can really do. :/
Cheater138
Cheater138 | 06-12-2018 08:16
Not bad, Joe. Busy with work, but it's going well. I spent the day yesterday out of the office, visiting our new branch with my boss. He's trying to bring me in on more of the stuff he does, trying to expand what I'm doing over the long run. It was good, nice to have that sense of confidence from someone else that i can do more.
Nonwork life: a lot of the same. Nothing too exciting right now.
CarlJ
CarlJ | 06-12-2018 13:08
Hope everyone is well today.
last day at the office this week. another employee gave her two week notice yesterday here......waiting to see if they let her go before day is out or will they let her stay her two weeks. ghost town here

Trump will be in KC tomorrow, will make for an interesting day to drive Uber and Lyft.
FireWaterBurn6
FireWaterBurn6 | 06-12-2018 14:34
I feel for you, Carl. There will be large numbers of asswipes in town and you'll undoubtedly run into a few. Godspeed.
misfitgurl444
misfitgurl444 | 06-12-2018 14:44
Baby books tend to be very generic I think. Since every baby is different, you can't fit all of that into a book.

He sleeps so much better on his side so that's how I place him into his bassinet. Currently, I'm letting him kick me in the face. It's like a nice, little, inconsistent massage
Captain_Keeta
Captain_Keeta | 06-12-2018 17:27
Season 7 has arrived to Fortnite. Rise up gamers.
CaptainStabbin
CaptainStabbin | 07-12-2018 01:50
And the world, I'll turn it inside out, yeah.
And floating around, in ecstasy.
So, don't, stop, me, now.
Dont stop me cause I'm having a good time, having a good time.
Juliet86
Juliet86 | 07-12-2018 17:12
Oh no, not the clown nonsense again!

One of my oldest friends had a job interview in my city today. It would be nice to have her closer.

Weird. I dropped my phone earlier, and I couldn't see any damage, but now there are very visible cracks in the screen protector.
Olivia_Ka
Olivia_Ka | 07-12-2018 18:18
I guess you pronounce it "laï-b(e)-reïs" and not "li-bé-ra-tchi".
Captain_Keeta
Captain_Keeta | 07-12-2018 18:25
Hopefully gonna finish my Christmas wrapping today. Still got a lot to do.
CaptainStabbin
CaptainStabbin | 07-12-2018 23:05
The number of Marvel movies is insane.
misfitgurl444
misfitgurl444 | 07-12-2018 23:11
One weekend, I would like to watch all the Marvel movies in the order that they're supposed to be watched.

Benny slept so well two days in a row. Not so much last night. I think he could've been excited about rolling over. Yesterday he rolled over tummy to back and then back to tummy. He struggles getting his head to roll on back to tummy.
CaptainStabbin
CaptainStabbin | 07-12-2018 23:15
I'm in the process of making a playlist of all the movies in their order to do that. So far it's at a day and 14 hours for run time, and I'm still missing the first avengers movie too.
Joeyy
Joeyy | 08-12-2018 01:10
I'm finally up to Infinity War with my dad.

Woooo, Christmas. Had our annual Christmas meal/drinks/games with friends tonight. Guest list ended up at around 40, but thankfully (and unfortunately, lol) not everyone could make it. I brought fill-your-own Christmas Crackers I'd done; they were a success! Fun quiz, too. Awesome times.
fishmunky
fishmunky | 08-12-2018 03:25
Not Another Teen Movie is on Netflix. It's perfect.
Captain_Keeta
Captain_Keeta | 08-12-2018 04:15
Pizzaaaaaaa.
Juliet86
Juliet86 | 08-12-2018 12:32
Yes, please.

Fun. What did you put in the Crackers?

Matching the quote "Life is like a box of chocolates, you never know what you're gonna get" to the movie is too easy, right? Mom is hosting her first Pub Quiz tomorrow and I'm giving input.
(Also I think it's slightly incorrect, so I'm gonna tell her to make sure if she's keeping it.)
gast
gast
POP OUT OPSLAAN opslaan ...
Lees verder: