nl

Can't review items in own mod queue

Volgen 3
Delen
Topic toevoegen
Zoeken
MCSMeister
MCSMeister | 08-12-2017 15:01
It's been an ongoing problem that artist moderators won't get notified if someone else reviews an item that belongs to their artist, but this seems to be a separate issue that's also been going on for a while.

Today, I happened to be online right as I got the notification that there were new items in my mod queue. I pressed the button to review it, and I couldn't. For some reason, it shows that there's one item in the artist queue, but then it says "there are no more items in the review queue". I can't be the only one experiencing this and I don't know how no one's pointed it out yet.

This isn't the first time this has happened. I never made a topic for it because I assumed it was related to the general problem, but there's obviously something wrong here. If I get to the content instantly, before anyone gets a chance to review it, I should be able to review it myself.
13 reacties
PracticePractic
PracticePractic | 08-12-2017 15:35
Confirmed here Nicolas! I didn't write a support ticket for I assumed those with better knowledge of how the system is supposed to work would comment on that problem--and you did! Thanks. Waiting here with "1" item on review with none showing (Ok that was last night, now I have 1 showing and 1 to review).
roxcyn
roxcyn | 09-12-2017 00:25
I believe it's items that were submitted for the deletion (new system) or items already reviewed. I had that happen to me, I submitted for items to be merged and it shows I have items in the queue, but I can't view them.
PracticePractic
PracticePractic | 11-12-2017 03:37
Just reviewed your (Scott's) Duplicate of "Hang On Sloopy" duplication removal request. Before I began the upper right number was "1". After reviewing it...the open content window dropped to zero, telling me I have no more to review. But the number in the upper right still says "1". Not a big problem---but something I noticed as I did reviews here and there it would DROP in count. Except for that last number.

Having seen this before on the web....its a default placeholder is my educated guess. You can't have "zero" as that is not a number, so maybe that is why we're seeing "1" after we did everything!
PracticePractic
PracticePractic | 11-12-2017 05:28
Update: Just did another contribution vote, and it says I have no more in review queue, yet it says "2" as the number to review. (Remember, when its higher numbers and I successfully do one, the number drops by one). Its just when I have none left to review that the number counter does not work. Just pointing to a small bug there.
Ray
Ray | 11-12-2017 18:06
Humm, various things could be the reason. But I think the most obvious one is the one Scott pointed out. For removal requests, I'm currently supervising these items. Meaning, they are processed only when I click the buttons. Goderator modus .

I want to get a feeling about what, when and how people remove items and also, how others review these requests. This remove tool is not yet available for guests. My goal is to allow guests to use all available tools. Some tools are already available, but some, like removals need more strickt rules first. I'm currently polishing these rules and procedure.

Anyhow, for removal requests of an artists you moderate the counter does not drop with "1" after you voted. And that gives exact the situation as described in this topic. Makes sense?
MCSMeister
MCSMeister | 11-12-2017 18:14
Hm okay, so basically this issue only occurs when the item submitted is a removal request, not an edit of a song or album? I'm just curious how long you're going to be supervising the removal requests, if you even know yet
Ray
Ray | 11-12-2017 18:24
Yup, for removal requests only.

I'll keep supervising until I'm happy about what I see. Can't give an timeframe on that. But the more material there is to supervise, the faster I can work I want rules need to protect the data as well as not making the removal prodecure too complicated. It's a matter of finding the balance.
music_junkie
music_junkie | 13-01-2018 07:23
mcsmeister ur def not the only one. i see it often, notice that there's items for review and either the count doesnt match OR nothing in queue to review. or finish review but still shows #items. that was happening on my laptop, seems like the past year.

perhaps a related issue, lately I've been using my galaxy phone and would like to edit from mobile but now i no longer see ANY mod tools available?? No content checker, cant even edit songs directly except if the submit lyrics button is there. guessing its a mobile access glitch but have not had a chance to test my theory. im sure this info is veering into new topic, sorry
Ray
Ray | 13-01-2018 08:42
music_junkie, the count number is because there is a couple of seconds internal synchronizing issue, or it could be related to the removal procedure described above.

Your second point, not seeing moderator tools is unrelated to this topic. I think this one deserves a new support topic, so that we don't mix up different problems in one single support topic. I've not heard about this problem before, but a various number of things could explain the problem. If you create a new topic for this one, we can discuss that in there. Thanks
music_junkie
music_junkie | 14-01-2018 03:18
thanks ray, i added 2nd issue on a new thread
robinsvy
robinsvy | 03-09-2020 03:22
I am not sure this is a related issue or not; On my notifications page currently it reads "43 new items in your moderator queue", but when I move on over to the queue it says: "Items in Queue 0". It has always been this way and I have learned to ignore it, unfortunately. (It may be 'crossed wires', because the number of new items seems to match or mimic the number of unread messages in my inbox; also, currently 43, oops!) Oh no, just noticed the dates probably not a related issue, three years after.
MCSMeister
MCSMeister | 03-09-2020 15:22
I think this is still an ongoing issue, actually. That said, I don't expect it to be fixed due to Ray wanting to phase out the whole Artist Moderator concept. See his thread here. When he inevitably removes the Artist Moderator role, this issue will become a moot point.
robinsvy
robinsvy | 08-09-2020 04:20
Understood. Tis going to be different, indeed, Seen a few glitches, but I am presuming they are related to the system updating.
gast
gast
POP OUT OPSLAAN opslaan ...
Lees verder: