nl

One mysterious line of the song 'MIXED UP'

Volgen 0
Delen
Topic toevoegen
Zoeken
stanislav2005
stanislav2005 | 26-11-2016 23:46
Hi Dear Forum! In 1980 British singer Cissy Stone performed the song 'MIXED UP' ( French band 'SPACE', the album 'DEEPER ZONE') . The song was recorded on a vinyl record and a sound quality isn't good. I think this song about a mixed up kind of woman experiencing depression. My attempt to find the lyrics was in vain. Though with a lot of efforts I wrote down the text of this very song which I'm placing here. Line #3 appeared to be undecipherable and mysterious! You can listen it on You Tube entering URL: 'Space Deeper Zone Mixed Up'. Maybe someone can help to edit my text and write Line #3 which I cannot figure out. Thank you in advance.

Mixed up- French electronic band "Space", album 'Deeper Zone' 1980
Lyrics-G.Brown, Vocal- Cissy Stone

I start my dinner with my favorite sweet
The waiter never knows what I'm gonna eat
I eat my breakfast ????????????????????????
You never know what's going on in my head

I'm so mixed up, mixed up-got to give me bad stuff,
Mixed up different kind of baby
I'm so mixed up, messed up-gotta gimme bad stuff,

I drive my car and never look at the road.
I can't translate a message you have been told.
I told you: "My mind couldn't be calm on the phone!"
You've got my number but my mind never hold

I'm so mixed up, messed up-gotta gimme bad stuff,

Hey I'm so outrageous.
Hey I'm so ungracious.
There's nowhere I won't take us
There's nothing I can do. Help! Help!

Sometimes I think I'm unenjoyable, guys.
I give you problems that you don't wanna face.
I'm so mixed up I think I'm losing control.
I always wanna nothing but you wanna all

Mixed up different kind of baby.
I'm so mixed up, messed up- gotta gimme bad stuff,

Mixed up different kind of baby.
I'm so mixed up, messed up- gotta gimme bad stuff,

Now listen to me, baby!
I'm a real mixed up woman.
You better take care of me!

I'm a mixed up kind of woman
I'm so mixed up mixed up mixed up,
Mixed up kind of baby
I try to face it,.
6 reacties
tequizasunrise
tequizasunrise | 01-12-2016 07:51
sounds to me like she's singing "I eat my breakfast when I'm going to bed"
stanislav2005
stanislav2005 | 01-12-2016 12:36
Tequizasunrise, thank you. Oh, no. She sings like "I eat my breakfast way ( or whey as food ?) 'a woman to fade' or 'a woman too fay( fay is a very specific word but I've found its definition in Urban Dictionary ) or even 'a woman too fat' or too fed???) . I sent the performer of the song Cissy Stone ( She's living in Birmingham UK and she set up her own band called Cissyband) a message with a request to post the lyrics but I didn't yet hear from her.I also know that the author of lyrics is G. Brown with G like Geoff of Greg??? My guess is that she distorted original lyrics while singin that's why this mess happened. Here's a link to listen the songhttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BIMru367lXM
groc22
groc22 | 31-07-2018 15:57
tequizasunrise is right - here's from the song author:

I start my dinner with my favourite sweet
The waiter never knows what I'm gonna eat
I eat my breakfast when I'm going to bed
You never know what's going on in my head

I'm so mixed up mixed up
Got to get me fixed up
Mixed up different kind of lady
I'm so messed up hexed up,
got to get me dressed up
Mixed up different kind of lady.

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BIMru367lXM

Note a number of other corrections also - "Got to get me fixed up" instead of "ot to give me bad stuff," "lady" instead of "baby", and more.
stanislav53
stanislav53 | 19-06-2019 15:45
Hi Tequizasunrise! I am again here regarding the song "Mixed Up". Mr. Geoff Brown gave his original version of Mixed Up. It was his answer to my request. But I was interested in version of Cissy Stone,a singer from Birmingham, UK who sang the song and recorded the album "Deeper Zone" with French electronic band "SPACE" (without Didier Marouani) in 1980. I was looking for her version - not the original version of Geoff Brown. I wrote to Cissy Stone - no answer! I had asked help to read line 3 of the first refrain " I eat my breakfast ???? a woman ????. I didn' t need original lyrics. Until now no one has succeeded to figure out line 3 of the song.
roxcyn
roxcyn | 20-06-2019 04:58
Hi and welcome back! The following is what I heard:

"I eat my breakfast when I'm going to bed".

It makes sense in the context as she says she eats her food at weird times/when she wants. Also, they use "going to" in a lot of the lines. I'm pretty confident that is what she says.

PS - I just noticed someone above me said the same, and I did listen to the Space's version of the song. I am now confident that is what she says.
stanislav53
stanislav53 | 04-08-2019 01:10
Hi Roxcyn! Yes you're absolutely right: line #3 from the original lyrics goes like " I eat my breakfast when I'm going to bed". This was really confirmed by Mr.Geoff Brown , the author of music and lyrics. He appeared to be a very kind man. But my Canadian friend (a native speaker) wasn't able to figure out the second part of the line #3. Stylistically, this song is not that simple as it may seem. If you play the song in a slow speed you will distinctly hear three words at the end of the line : "woman too fay". I cannot expatiate on the meaning "fay". Eventually, it can mean "a smart girl" in the context. Maybe she ate "breakfast whey" kind of protein food as a diet. Thank you for your response.
gast
gast
POP OUT OPSLAAN opslaan ...
Lees verder: