nl

Roxcyn's Lyric Transcription / Editing Assistance

Volgen 4
Delen
Topic toevoegen
Zoeken
roxcyn
roxcyn | 19-04-2015 02:42
Hi! I will use this thread for songs that need edited with hard to hear lyrics or who have no lyrics at all on the website. Thank you!

My first request:

If you could help me with this song:

Enrique Iglesias - Break Me Shake Me

3:11--3:39 is the part in question. It's hard to hear. Let me know what you hear.
26 tot 50 van 142 reacties
pagina 2 van 6
MCSMeister
MCSMeister | 23-05-2015 16:53
I already submitted it for you, if that's okay.
roxcyn
roxcyn | 23-05-2015 16:54
* offtopic :
Okay, thanks.
roxcyn
roxcyn | 01-06-2015 00:11
Hi MCSMeister - I wanted your opinion regarding Carly Smithson - RIP in Heaven CD booklet has it as "rip in heaven" (rip as the word). The digital editions (Amazon & Spotify) has it as "RIP in heaven" (RIP all capitalized). The outside of the CD tracklist is all capitalized as well as the BMI codices. Should we change the title to "Rip in heaven" or leave it as "RIP in heaven"?
Joeyy
Joeyy | 01-06-2015 00:20
You asked me this already when I transcribed the lyrics. Did I not answer?
roxcyn
roxcyn | 01-06-2015 00:22
Hi Joeyy! Thanks for replying here. I hope you're not angry with me for asking MCSMeister. I wanted to get some more feedback.
Joeyy
Joeyy | 01-06-2015 00:35
If your reason for asking Nicolas for his opinion weeks after I gave you mine is that you value his more than mine, then yes, I would be angry, because I don't feel that would be justified.

I don't believe it's a complicated matter. "Rip" is a word; "RIP" stands for something - the something she's singing about. Therefore, in the written word, it should be RIP. I don't believe there's an argument for otherwise. If anywhere else has it differently, that's on them; it's their mistake.

You should have had the guts to speak up and say if you believed me to be mistaken, which seeking a second opinion suggests you do.

Lastly, if you so strongly feel that it should be "Rip", why not just submit the change through the public review system? You asked, "Should we change the title?" I don't know who that "we" is. I'll remind you that Nicolas isn't a super artist moderator; whatever his answer, you would still have to either submit it through the public review system or ask an actual super artist moderator to change it for you, which I'm certainly not prepared to do, because it's incorrect.
roxcyn
roxcyn | 01-06-2015 00:40
Hi Joeyy! Thank you for the reply. I value everyone's opinion on here. I am not trying to offend you. The title was different in the lyric booklet, but online it shows "RIP".

I wanted to see what he thought of it, if it should be changed.
Joeyy
Joeyy | 01-06-2015 00:41
Although, looking at the lyrics, I actually have no clue what she's singing about. If she does mean a tear, then it should be the word. It boils down to what she means and the lyrics don't make sense in my opinion, so I may be mistaken in my original assumption that she would mean RIP (in which case, my apologies).

Either way, I still wish you would've responded directly to me at the time.
MCSMeister
MCSMeister | 02-06-2015 16:43
Joeyy, you don't need to get angry with Roxcyn. He wasn't purposely trying to make you feel like your opinion was inferior. I'm sure he just directed that post at me because I've posted here more than you have and he expected a response from me first. But nobody's opinion is better than the other. You shouldn't take it personally, as he has good intentions.

Roxcyn, I agree with Joeyy, the song title would make more sense as RIP In Heaven ("rest in peace in heaven"). However, I did check a number of sources and they all had it as "Rip". I say go with that, especially if the CD has it as that, since CDs are a primary source. It wouldn't be the first time where I've seen an artist use a different meaning of a word (or a word spelled wrong intentionally) in a song title. Hope this helped!

EDIT: Oh, actually, considering there's the lyric "Maybe there's a rip in heaven" in the song, it's definitely "rip" and not "RIP". In this context, it means there's a tear in heaven. Using the other meaning (maybe there's a "rest in peace" in heaven) doesn't make sense. I submitted a correction to the song for you.
Joeyy
Joeyy | 02-06-2015 17:13
And you don't need to tell me who to get angry with over what - and by "don't need to", I mean don't. (And, really, a condescending wink?)

I'm sure he just directed that post at me because I've posted here more than you have and he expected a response from me first.

As I said, roxcyn asked for my opinion weeks ago in a message. Once again, if he disagreed, he should have said at the time instead of not replying and then trying to bypass my opinion by asking someone else much later on. That's strange and cowardly. You post in this thread more often? So what? I've been transcribing lyrics on this site since you were seven or eight.

As for your edit, I already said that. However, if it hadn't been the case that she meant a tear, I'd be telling you how ridiculous it is that you would think we should have the incorrect version just because other websites do and the person who wrote the artist's lyrics booklet can't use the correct English. That's not how we do it here. We're not children conforming in a playground. If it had been changed, I simply would've changed it back. We do not copy incorrect lyrics and formatting, no matter how many other places do. I've told you this before.
MCSMeister
MCSMeister | 02-06-2015 17:33
I'm not going to argue with you, especially on Roxcyn's thread. I wasn't intending to sound condescending, so my apologies if I did (and I didn't mean the wink in that way, either, it was more of a playful wink). That's all I'll say. I'd rather not get into something that will be stressful for me.

(Also, I've been transcribing lyrics since that age, actually I took a very early interest in lyrics, but back then I would listen to songs and transcribe what I heard in Word documents, not publish them online)
Joeyy
Joeyy | 02-06-2015 17:53
Right, you're not going to argue with me about a song that I transcribed for roxcyn and about a matter over which you would have no control over, because whatever your misguided opinion - admitting that if it stood for "rest in peace" it should be RIP, yet then saying you wouldn't have it that way just because other sources don't - you don't get the final say here. That is, not unless you once again use multiple accounts to swing the public vote the way you want it. ("Playful wink" right back at you.)

By the way, that was a poor attempt at trying to make me out to be in the wrong simply for responding in this thread to something Roxcyn himself asked us both about. Questions lead to debate; it might be a good idea to learn to deal with that. It's also not against forum rules to discuss something on-topic, which is what I was doing.

And it doesn't matter how long you've been doing it for fun. I've told you before, the website works a certain way, and that way isn't "Word of Nicolas". It doesn't change just because you're here now and you say so.

But I'm glad to hear you're done with the matter. (Another one for you.)
CaptainStabbin
CaptainStabbin | 02-06-2015 18:09
This arguing gets my nipples hard.
PinkFloyd
PinkFloyd | 02-06-2015 18:16
This whole time I thought roxcyn was a girl. I think I even called him a girl.
MCSMeister
MCSMeister | 02-06-2015 18:18
I changed my mind in that post because I found more and more info leading to the fact that it was the word "rip" after I posted. Initially I thought it was RIP but later found the evidence to prove me wrong. Also, I didn't bring up that I've been doing it for fun to imply that it was this "word of me", I was merely bringing it up as a fun fact of sorts, like "speaking of, I've been doing this since that age, funny enough". It in no way meant that everything was according to me.

And for what it's worth, that public review comment is irrelevant here because Roxcyn is moderator for Carly Smithson, so only he can review it

Yes, I am done with it, thank you Sorry about yet another miscommunication.
roxcyn
roxcyn | 02-06-2015 23:30
This whole time I thought roxcyn was a girl. I think I even called him a girl.

Hehe, don't worry. It's okay.

Thanks for your viewpoint. It's just weird that in the lyrics it shows "rip", but on the electronic resources (Amazon/Spotify/iTunes) it has "RIP" for the album title. The booklet's not always right, but I thought "rip" made sense for the context. However, I couldn't imagine three companies getting it all wrong ("RIP").

Any other members care to weigh in?
roxcyn
roxcyn | 08-06-2015 02:20
Okay so we voted to change it to "rip" for all those who wanted to know.

Next on the agenda - I wanted to get your input.

My CD album of Enrique Iglesias' album 7

So here is the issue: "Not in love" (album version) is not the same as the single version (called "radio mix"). The "radio mix" has Kelis saying lyrics while the album version doesn't. Spotify gives you both on the album making it 14 tracks instead of the 13. So, should we update the album to have 14 tracks or do what?

Thanks for your help!
MCSMeister
MCSMeister | 09-06-2015 01:10
If one version has Kelis featured and the lyrics are significantly different from the original, then I think it should have a page. However, if the lyrics are exactly the same, then it would be redundant to have a second page for it.

I encountered a similar situation when I first joined the site - Strawberry Alarm Clock's album Good Morning Starshine has two versions of the song "Miss Attraction", one is long and one is short. I created pages for both because the lyrics were not exactly the same.
roxcyn
roxcyn | 09-06-2015 01:12
Hi MCSMeister! The album version just has Enrique singing while the radio edit version has Kelis and Enrique. Most of the lyrics are the same, but in radio edit version it has additional lyrics. What do we do in a situation like that?
MCSMeister
MCSMeister | 09-06-2015 02:10
Hmm, well if the radio edit does have additional lyrics, create a page titled "Not in Love [Radio Edit]". Be sure to mark Kelis as the featured artist.
roxcyn
roxcyn | 09-06-2015 02:11
Do we edit the album as well?
MCSMeister
MCSMeister | 09-06-2015 02:15
Yeah, if you want to link it to the album, add it where it's placed on the album tracklist on the album page.
roxcyn
roxcyn | 09-06-2015 02:17
Cool! Thanks .
PinkFloyd
PinkFloyd | 09-06-2015 03:59
Are you wanting to add these lyrics? Because that song exists here. I don't know if they are correct though. It also doesn't belong on an LP, it was released on a single only along with other remixes of that same song.
roxcyn
roxcyn | 09-06-2015 04:08
Hi PinkFloyd! The single was the Radio Mix I believe. The lyrics on that song are for the Radio Mix. If you go to Spotify you can listen to the album version. It has slightly different lyrics and no Kelis. This is the album version.
gast
gast
POP OUT OPSLAAN opslaan ...
Lees verder: