nl

MCSMeister's Lyric Help Thread

Volgen 4
Delen
Topic toevoegen
Zoeken
MCSMeister
MCSMeister | 27-12-2014 17:45
So my song help thread is long dead at this point and I don't want to bump it. However, I do want to reboot the thread in a new sort of way.

I've mentioned in my previous thread before that when transcribing songs, I came to the realization that if I post my transcription with missing parts, then those missing parts will also sound indecipherable to another listener's ears. However, if I just let them transcribe the whole song themselves, they may hear it perfectly clear. So that is what I'm going to do this time around and see if this works out; I'll be posting links to songs that anyone here can feel free to give a shot at transcribing.

When I began my old thread, several different users were helping me transcribe songs, but by the end of its course, it all came down to solely Joeyy helping me and no one else. I want to see if that can change this time. Of course I can't control whether that can change or not, but I noticed tequizasunrise and kalsonberry were very instrumental in helping myself and others transcribe lyrics before, so hopefully I can recruit them to assist in my endeavors once again. If this thread fails once more, I'll probably try bringing it to another music forum and see how that fares.

Anyways, without further ado, I'll start with these five songs:

Milquetoast & Co. - "Love and Tonic"
Jigsaw - "I've Seen the Film, I've Read the Book"
Strawberry Alarm Clock - "Sea Shell"
Jo Jo Gunne - "I Wanna Love You"
Acid Witch - "Intro" (This track's "lyrics" are spoken-word, and there is literally one word I am unsure about)

And please don't feel unaccomplished if you can't make out every single word, any assistance helps me a lot. Thanks!
301 tot 314 van 314 reacties
pagina 13 van 13
MCSMeister
MCSMeister | 04-12-2017 14:22
Thank you for finally helping, Scott! I'll let him know.
MCSMeister
MCSMeister | 21-07-2018 17:23
It's been quite a long time, but could someone try transcribing this song?

Jinja Safari - "Dangerous"

A friend of mine is having trouble figuring out some of the lyrics, and upon listening to it myself I'm also having some trouble.
Joeyy
Joeyy | 30-07-2018 01:59
A lot of guesswork, sorry.

Love has come at last
Throw your sorrows in the past
Dancing in the rain

Two feet in the sand
??? and Peter Pan
To make things stay the same

Run, into the wind
Into the waves
Under the water, we will stay

Oh, another/under the sun
Another/under the sea
Another story in my mind

You're a human, too
Tell your shadow what to do
Don't let it get away

I'm not coming back
Unless the colours turn to black
I'll be on my way

Run, into the wind
Into the waves
Under the water, we will stay

Oh, another sun
Another sea
Another story in my mind

Giant mysterious swirl that rolls over the treetops
It will sway

Sighing as the shadows crawl (?) to close another day

Giant mysterious swirl that rolls over the treetops
It will sway
MCSMeister
MCSMeister | 30-07-2018 02:00
Hmm, I'm not sure what you transcribed there, but those lyrics don't match the song I linked. Kinda confused at what happened.
MCSMeister
MCSMeister | 30-07-2018 03:54
Ah okay, after some digging I found the song you transcribed, which already has lyrics online: Jinja Safari - Peter Pan. Strange...I'm rather perplexed how you got to this song when I linked a different one from this band, but regardless, you can transcribe the correct song when you get a chance
Joeyy
Joeyy | 31-07-2018 00:09
Weird. My guess is I accidentally let the song play and YouTube's 'Autoplay' went onto the next (which was 'Peter Pan').
Joeyy
Joeyy | 31-07-2018 01:31
Again, don't think I'll be of much help, sorry.

Dropped everyone as fast as I could
I turned back around to the place that you stood
After the show
Outside of the club on the sidewalk, waiting to go

At X & Y, I danced on my own
A man said he liked the cut of my cologne
I said, "Like everything,
This, too, is on loan"

He looked at me
Who did you come here with?
Who are you looking for?
Don't mess around, [?], get down to business
Are you wasting your time or are you wasting mine?
We're after the same thing, but you look out of place
Oh-oh

Dancing
That's dangerous
Like the thought that you [?] but you cannot resist
You never [?], but you cannot resist it
That's dangerous

Suicide
That's dangerous
Like a knife to the heart when you only ever got to the start [?]
It's not time to give up
That's dangerous

I'm from out of town
I'm always one step too slow off the ground
Move too slow, too slow
I'm from out of town
Like a [?] stuck in the snow

Like a [?] that comes with a [?]
Whenever they crack the sky and drop the flag
I hit the tracks

Like a taser to the face, I lie down
I can't relax

I like to walk home
Alone through the town
My charisma comes out when no one's around
It isn't fair
It's not about what is fair
We're just here to trade

My name for your name
Honestly, nothing more
Don't mess around, [?], get down to business
Are you wasting your time or are you wasting mine?
We're after the same thing, but you look out of place
Oh-oh

I'm from out of town
Move too slow, too slow
I'm from out of town
Like a [?] stuck in the snow

I wanna know who you are
I wanna know who you are

Jealousy
That's dangerous
Jealousy
That's,
Jealousy
That's dangerous
MCSMeister
MCSMeister | 31-07-2018 05:35
Hey, no need to apologize! All I ask in this thread is that you try your best - not for perfection. I really appreciate any and all help I get with lyric transcription so don't feel bad if you can't make out everything In fact, you quite helped me in various spots here. For reference, here's what I had initially. I should mention that I drafted this transcription while listening to the song on earbuds at an airport, which I probably shouldn't have done because of quality reasons. Even though I edited it later, much of the original transcription stuck.

Some notable spots we differed:

- For the first verses, you have "At X & Y", whereas I had "I pack some wine". Upon research, yours makes infinitely more sense - X & Y is a club in Australia, which is where this band hails from. "This too is on loan" also makes more sense than "alone" when referring to cologne.

- I had "let's" for your question mark in the first pre-chorus, but I can see why you stumbled there. Perhaps it's "man, let's", kind of weirdly pronounced together. I also definitely agree with the last line there ("We're after the same thing...") over mine.

- The chorus is probably the hardest to understand. However, you were able to figure out the line that was frustrating me the most, so thank you! "I'm from out of town", which I was hearing as a multitude of different things ("of the nighttime" is what it kept sounding like to me). I think my "like a part that you try..." and "you never owned but you kinda possessed it" lines work better in comparison to yours, so I think I'll keep those, but I may replace "part" with "thought". Also, I just now realized that he says "jealousy" for that first chorus as well, not "dancing". This would match the outro. Finally, yeah, I'm pretty sure that last line ends with "stuck in the snow", but I'm not quite sure what comes before it. It's not sung clear enough to really grasp, but I had "like a dream scared to step in the snow".

- That first line of the second verse... I'm a bit confused for this one, too. I think your first question mark for that line could be something like "trained footstep", but I keep hearing something like "lag" for the second question mark, which could maybe make sense. I mean, that would logically rhyme with "flag", and a definition of "lag" refers to falling behind in movement, which seems to fit thematically with the chorus of the song. I'll definitely use your "I like to walk home" over what I had. Finally, I had "try" instead of "trade"; again, "trade" makes sense as a continuation of the next line (trading his name for another's name), which I didn't realize at first.

Anyway, I'll let that friend know and show him your transcription (he already has mine, with all of its imperfections). I think if I combine my transcription with yours, we could actually end up being very close! See, no need to talk badly about your transcriptions
Joeyy
Joeyy | 31-07-2018 22:28
Ohh, yeah, it is "Jealousy" in the first chorus. And you might be right about "let's." Glad I could help somewhat!
Roddale
Roddale | 27-08-2018 12:02
If you're still wondering, as I was, what the first line of Helen Terry's Now You're Mine is, she clarified it for me on Twitter:
"I think it's Here is my guide, the one you must use for, or we will find, together it's you boy...Georgio M wrote the song please don't ask me what it means, haven't a clue" (LOL) and added: "definitely not GUY".
Mystery solved.
MCSMeister
MCSMeister | 27-08-2018 12:06
Actually yes, that is a line I still have not figured out and is what has been preventing me from submitting a transcription for the song! Thank you so much.

By the way, I didn't know she had a Twitter...could you please link that for me? If I had known she had social media, I probably would have tried asking her myself!
Roddale
Roddale | 27-08-2018 12:41
She is a total doll. You can find her at @telenherry
MCSMeister
MCSMeister | 27-08-2018 21:09
That's what I initially thought, but wasn't entirely sure because I couldn't find any tweets that immediately verified it was her, plus it says she's from Perthshire (Scotland) and I swore she was from England. Maybe that's where she resides now. Either way, she answered your query so I can't doubt her authenticity! Thanks so much for your help - I submitted the transcription here and on various other lyric sites Feel free to look it over.

BTW, funny that a Google search for the song's lyrics displays this thread as the second result...I assume that's how you found it and I'm glad, otherwise I would have never known the true line and the internet would never have the right lyrics!
MCSMeister
MCSMeister | 14-08-2019 18:12
I might need Scott's help with some Spanish lyrics again. Specifically, 3:48 in this song: Yello - Don Turbulento

Genius already has most of the lyrics, but due to the effects and mixing on the voice at this part, it may be difficult to fully hear what's said there. Still, I want to give it a shot anyway.

This is what's already transcribed on Genius:

"Señores y señoras, aquí habla el [?] buscamos al agente especial perdido en el Rio de Janeiro
El hombre opera debajo del nombre "Don Turbulento" porque siempre donde aparece se producen inmensas turbulencias
"

If an English translation helps to sort of fill in the blanks, this is what Google Translate translates it as:

"Ladies and gentlemen, here is the [?], we look for the special agent lost in Rio de Janeiro
The man operates under the name "Don Turbulento" because always where it appears immense turbulence occurs
"

Judging from context clues, I would assume the missing part has to do with a news report, something like "here is the news report" in Spanish or something similar, but I'm not sure.
gast
gast
POP OUT OPSLAAN opslaan ...
Lees verder: