LetsSingIt de internet songteksten database
nl

For All The Poets Here (long but worth the read)

Volgen 0
Delen
Topic toevoegen
Zoeken
Rass
Rass | 03-12-2003 08:39
Okay, I know this is long and you're all going to go "Oh God I can't read that." But it's worth the read and i'm asking really really super nicely... PLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEASE read it? (gets on knees and begs) okay? yay!
--------------------------------------------------------
Alright then. This is an old idea that I was a co-founder of two years ago. But I got older, and so did the other co-founder, and we sort of didn't find the point to it anymore. She moved on and I fell into depression where I didn't give a darn about anything, least of all this. Well, it's been two years and I've moved on, and I've finally decided that I'm going to see about this idea again. Older now, and wiser, and with better connections now. So, with no further ado, here is the idea.

A book of poetry. Written mainly by teenagers, or people who were teenagers when they wrote it. Of course this includes exceptions of people in their "tweens" and pre-teens. (tweens = people in their early-ish twenties. In this case, people who are still "teenagers" inside or haven't become adults.) Of course there's also an exception of older people who have written a poem to inspire or aid a younger teenager. Basically, this is a book of poetry written mainly by teenagers for teenagers.

These poems can encompass anything and everything a teenager can and/or will go through. The point is to get people from all over the world, from all walks of life and faith to join in and put a poem in. There are hardly any rules to the poem. They don't have to fit a form. They don't have to be splendidly worded. They don't have to do anything but be there and have some sort of meaning. In fact, lets throw in short stories as well. If you have a short story (under 6 pages typed in 11 pt Times New Roman) that is by and/or for teenagers then you may submit that as well. But mainly poetry.

This does plan to be published and anyone that contributes will have full credit. I trust everyone here that there won't be any thievery or copy writing and claiming it is your own original work. While I might run some searches on everything I obviously can't check everything for every poem or short story. And as a last note on that, I can't say when this will be published or by who or whatever because I have never had anything published. My older sister knows how to do that, so if we have something worth publishing she can handle the publisher. There is no money to be made from this, you get credit for your work but you will not be paid. You have to understand that before you seriously think about helping me out. No one will get money for it, and my name will not be on the cover page as the author or as the collector, person behind the scenes, person. I will not get money for it. Any money gotten from the publishing of this book would be donated to some cause that would have to be agreed upon or voted on by those participating in it's works.

Honestly, half of the reason this idea was never really grounded was I was actually afraid of the possibility of being sued over something like this. These days you can sue anyone for anything if you sound like you're right. And to avoid that I could ask for everyone to print out a consent form and send it to me via mail, but that would probably get hectic and out of hand and expensive for some of you. In that case, I have to settle for the faith in people and believe you simply want to reach out and help another person through a time you might have faced. I will have to settle for your consent through e-mail, though that is so ungrounded it's hilarious. But it will have to do, and I will have to hope you are simply wanting to reach out and help another, or be heard whichever works for you.

The reason this idea was founded in the first place was my friend and I were talking one day, she was 18 and I was 16, we had "met" on a poetry site and she liked my work. We were talking one day about how adults don't seem to "get" us, how they never want to listen and how they tend to think we're unintelligent because we do stupid things. I said it would be great if we could just take our poetry and drop it in the form of a book in front of them and went "Read and learn what I am and how I feel." She said it would be a great thing, because so many adults don't know how to listen to us, and so many kids are like us but don't know what to do, and so many kids write out their problems but those poems that helped them through never get to help another out. This book would be a show of what it's like to be a teenager these days, and that no one is alone out there. Above that it would show that, though we're teenagers and pretty stupid at times and stereotypically "bad" we still care and we can still be selfless.

I can't guarantee this will get off the ground, because I don't know how many teenagers there are really that are selfless, willing to take a leap and participate, and are brave enough to let others read their work. I can't guarantee that I'll get enough submissions to put together a working book, but if I do, no matter how small of a book it might seem, I will push to get it published if I have to spend the rest of my "young" life doing it.

Finally, a brief run of the rules. There are few but some. Don't post your poetry, send me an e-mail at rassdacoolgurl@hotmail.com . Send your full real name, what you would like to be recognized by, any information you want to place as recognition in the book*, your work, what it should be classified as* *, if there is a deeper meaning and you want it to be understood list that, and finally at the bottom of your e-mail please put "I (your name here) give permission to have the original aforementioned works published." *** If those things aren't followed I can't accept the work. There is no language rule (as in curse words) but language as in English, French, Spanish, it would be nice if everything was in English, as that's what I read. Though there's no rule against cursing or content I would have to ask you nicely to sort of watch what you say, since this is supposed to be age friendly, but if it's something that needs to be there to have the point then by all means, say whatever you need to say man. Other than those and the age rule (that could suck I know) there are really no other rules. I do reserve the right though to turn down anyone's work for any reason.

* Age, race, sex, sexual orientation, faith, whatever you bloody well want as long as it's not inappropriate or enough a stalker can find you with.
** Love, Hate, Frustration, Suicide, Sex, Depression, Drugs, Abuse (any and all kinds), Loneliness, Faith, Other
*** Yes I know it sucks but it's the best I can do as far as permission goes.

I'm asking nicely for some moderator to make this a sticky thread. I would hate to have to keep going and bumping it up. Please and thank you.

* offtopic :
Oh lord how I hope I didn't miss anything.
51 tot 69 van 69 reacties
pagina 3 van 3
hulkuvkoer
hulkuvkoer | 10-06-2004 12:15
a great idea.
i think i'll send you some of my writings.
(do they have to be in English? )
blondi3542
blondi3542 | 17-07-2004 00:25
thats an awesome idea... my friends and i were going 2 do something similar 2 that but we cudnt hack it. its really brave of u 2 try and do this... ill send 1 or 2 of my poems in if i get a chance... GOOD LUCK!!!
~*ami*~
blondi3542
blondi3542 | 17-07-2004 00:27
AHHHH i 4got 2 add this 2 that ^^^

they can be any kind of poems, rite?
(ex: freeverse, haiku, limerick, etc)
bcause i do mainly freeverse...
im terrible @ the rest!!! ;D
~*ami*~
aflackoh6
aflackoh6 | 17-07-2004 00:32
Anyone between the ages of 11 and 25
Friend_Jones55
Friend_Jones55 | 22-07-2004 18:14
she was alone in a room
Her eyes could tell you a story
Her tears were clear like crystal for she cried'
She was longing for her love
but he was gone, gone since the break of dawn

She was alone in a house
her heart was frozen in time
you could the moaning of her cries
echoeing through the house
feeling certain with no doubt
She took her wrist and slit them
with a quick slit

She fell to ground
and looked at the cieling
knowing her love could only give
her true healing
longing for him since the break
of dawn she closed her eyes slowly
and her life was gone

This poem is called Longing For Her Love
by yours Truly
IQ_diskborste
IQ_diskborste | 30-07-2004 12:30
It's a real good idea, Rass.
Dont_kill_me
Dont_kill_me | 04-08-2004 03:57
go to [url=http://www.lulu.com] you can publish your own book there for free.
Dont_kill_me
Dont_kill_me | 04-08-2004 03:58
sorry, just www.lulu.com
xOxehmloxOx
xOxehmloxOx | 04-08-2004 18:11
So if I want to be in, I just write you an email? hhm.. I'll think about it, how much time do we have to decide?

-emilia
Tuulikki
Tuulikki | 17-12-2004 10:11
This is still happening, right? I think it's a great idea and I have heaps of poems that would fit. I can also join the 'street team' and spread the idea around the zillion or so forums I subject myself to.
Seipher0890
Seipher0890 | 01-01-2005 03:39
I most regretfully inform you, I cannot send you my poetry because your email didn't work.
Tuulikki
Tuulikki | 24-01-2005 03:04
I tried to send her an email quite a while back and it didn't work for me either.
FoZZy_FrEEk
FoZZy_FrEEk | 07-03-2005 21:19
Hey!!! It's been SOOO Long since I've been here to the site at all let alone anything in the poetry forums. I got some new poetry you can add to the rest of my stuff in the book if you like? Just message me on MSN and we can get it taken care of. MMMKay!? ^_^ TTYL!
YaKnowYaLoveMe
YaKnowYaLoveMe | 11-04-2005 20:53
poetry.com or suttin..u can submit poems and enter contests and they publish books too...

but the idea is good
SexySnuggles
SexySnuggles | 13-09-2005 11:03
Sounds like a really good idea!!

can't help u since ain't got any of my "teenage-angst" poems left, but it does sound great!!

keep the good work up!!

Linda.
fearinabottle
fearinabottle | 06-11-2005 00:03
just go ahead and look at some of mine i know some of it really sucks but send a message if you like any of it
fearinabottle
fearinabottle | 06-11-2005 00:03
nvm ill send you some
kinkybinky
kinkybinky | 02-02-2006 18:26
that's a cool idea, i can't believe i'm only reading this now. but i'll send you some, even though they're not that good, but whatever.
MERI_AN
MERI_AN | 07-02-2006 20:43
yeah i'll join. hope its not too late!
gast
gast
POP OUT OPSLAAN opslaan ...
Lees verder: