nl

How to Find a Song Name From a Few Lyrics

Volgen 7
Delen
Topic toevoegen
Zoeken
danastasia
danastasia | 13-06-2005 18:34
Whenever someone makes a thread looking for something, whenever I reply, it's because I've used Google to find it - I have the musical knowledge of a frogspawn. So, I thought I'd share how I get it to work. If you're not getting any replies with your thread, or before you even make a thread, try this:

**How to Find a Song Name from a few Lyrics**
Say you heard a song, and you can remember the lyrics, "I get knocked down, but I get up again" and you want to know the name.

1. Go to Google.

2. Type lyrics followed by the snippet of lyrics you know. If you're unsure if it's but or when or if, it doesn't matter, just leave it out.

So, you'll have entered:
lyrics i get knocked down i get up again

3. Press search!

9 times out of 10, the song will jump out at you...you'll get a preview of the rest of the lyrics which might jog your memory. If it's covered by more than one artist, a little research will find out who it is for you.

I find that with 'lyrics' at the start, you are far far far more likely to find the song. If you still have no luck, try with slight variations of what you can remember - Is it knocked down, or blocked down? If that still doesn't work, just remove the words you're unsure of altogether.

When you're using this method, it's key words like people or place names, unusual phrases or what you think are key parts to the song that will help you find what you're looking for.

Hope this helps.
201 tot 225 van 231 reacties
pagina 9 van 10
gordonf
gordonf | 09-03-2014 09:11
i have been on google and also a few forums but still no luck !

my lyrics are

we used to sleep together, making love all night long, now we might as well have seperate beds

and

you used to bring me flowers and talk to me for hours

its from the 70s

another one ive searched for is

california sunshine, in the summertime, you blow my mind

fingers crossed someone can help
thanks
Joeyy
Joeyy | 09-03-2014 17:15

I feel like I know that line. I know you said you've Googled, so I guess it's not You Don't Bring Me Flowers (originally) by Neil Diamond? It was in the 70s.
gordonf
gordonf | 12-03-2014 04:23
no joeyy its not that one, it was a more funky type of group, thanks anyway for your reply
Olivia_Ka
Olivia_Ka | 16-07-2014 20:12
No answers please!

Once the song has "supposedly" been found, we can let other people give a different answer, OK?

Also, I don't like the fact that people can come back to their own threads and say "Never mind! I found it!". It should be forbidden.

* offtopic :
That "doo-doo, doo-doo, doo-doo-doo-doo" part with trumpets, stuck in my head, heard that on television as part of a disco medley... It took me months before I remembered that was from Boys Town Gang's "Can't Take My Eyes Off Of You". And it was in the mid-90's, I didn't have Internet at the time.
peggie13
peggie13 | 05-01-2015 02:16
I'm looking for a song sung by a male, sorry of r & b sounding. They say "wifey" ... maybe you're my wifey. .. and also he says something like making music/tracks (I can't remember exact lyrics) for you ... and shake those hips for me .... bite those lips for me.
Sorry I can't remember much more! It's not by Next or VIC. Those are 2 artists I keep finding in my search attempts.
Thanks!
HDsprocket
HDsprocket | 09-02-2015 02:21
Thanks Danastasia, your google suggestion worked great. I'm an old goat that suffers from CRS some song drive me nuts trying to think of the names and artists ,the oldies station I listen to doesn't always tell the song and artist ,like they use to in the 60s...thanks again
HDsprocket
HDsprocket | 09-02-2015 02:31
peggie13 try...game tyga pharaoh prophet...Take that.
HDsprocket
HDsprocket | 09-02-2015 02:43
peggie13 -try The Game,year of the wolf (feat. tyga,pharaoh, prophet ) on youtube, I used danastasia's google search and came up with that. hope that helps.
gordonf
gordonf | 14-10-2015 13:52
i asked for help on the following ---
gordonf
gordonf | 14-10-2015 13:56
try again !! i asked for help on the following i have been on google and also a few forums but still no luck !

my lyrics are

we used to sleep together, making love all night long, now we might as well have seperate beds

and

its from the 70s

another one ive searched for is

california sunshine, in the summertime, you blow my mind

fingers crossed someone can help
thanks ok, i have found the answer to the first song. 'take me back from stargard' but still unable to find the california sunshine song ?
megdoll187
megdoll187 | 21-10-2015 03:52
Summer love child- stallionares ??? last song
megdoll187
megdoll187 | 21-10-2015 03:56
Peggie- "What You Want" TYGA (feat. Pharaoh Jackson)
Joeyy
Joeyy | 21-10-2015 23:53
Are you looking for the lyrics to those songs, Meg? It's better to start a new thread (this one should be closed in my opinion) with the song name and artist in the title to make it easier to find.

(Is the second one this song?)
megdoll187
megdoll187 | 22-10-2015 00:00
Peggie in January was looking for the song to the lyrics. I found it last night when I got bored. And Gordon was looking for the first song I listed seven days ago. I'm hoping they remember they posted and see the answers
Joeyy
Joeyy | 22-10-2015 05:27
Ohh, haha, OK. Whoops. :p
Becket
Becket | 19-12-2015 01:18
Hello. Trying to find the artist/name of this song. I only know a few of the lyrics. This is a Holiday song. "candy canes mistletoe hearing sleigh bells ring. Carolers on the street. There's a look in your eye that holiday smile let's stay for awhile to celebrate". Any suggestions are appreciated. Thx.
CaptainStabbin
CaptainStabbin | 19-12-2015 01:35
Is it relatively new or an older song?
zjenn4
zjenn4 | 19-12-2015 02:35
Tried to find your song. All I could get was that it used to be played in Bath & Body Works and department stores quite frequently in the past, and that it also contains the lyrics: spending every penny, gifts for uncle lenny.

apparently, there are others who have been trying to find this song as well, and the internet is hiding it from us.
nehiyaw
nehiyaw | 03-08-2016 05:27
I'm trying to get the name of the song from the Gain commercial with the actor, Ty Burrell in it. The only line I can hear is, "Where did you go?" Any help is appreciated.
Olivia_Ka
Olivia_Ka | 03-08-2016 05:33
Keren Ann with Where Did You Go? It's from her most recent album You're Gonna Get Love.
nehiyaw
nehiyaw | 03-08-2016 16:57
Thank-you for the source. In the commercial, it's a man who is singing the song. I think that I may have found the song. What do you think? http://youtu.be/Bmxj5p4qB2w.
Olivia_Ka
Olivia_Ka | 03-08-2016 22:53
My bad. I haven't watched the commercial before guessing which song it was, ha-ha.
jason1984
jason1984 | 02-09-2016 09:28
To find out about the name and details of any song by lyrics or the its playback you can use the song identifier apps. Here are the best song identifier apps for smartphones http://www.akshatblog.com/what-song-is-this/
StreetKing748
StreetKing748 | 05-05-2017 15:40
Hey I can't find this song "Get money everyday Don't stop, Don't stop Gotta Fresh new fit Imma a rock, I'm a rock putting I was in getting that G'z ,that G'z Imma make sure Y'all know me, Know me, Know me that's right, Imma get that Paper everyday, every night every night Know me, Know me that's right, Imma get that Paper everyday, every night" help a man out please
sophieeholmes11
sophieeholmes11 | 05-06-2017 20:55
Can anyone help me?
So, I have seen this music video many times around but I just can not rember the name of the song, the artist or any of the lyrics. Here is what I know:
1. the music video features a band
2. the band is playing in what looks like an attic
3. the video is mostly in black and white+
4. The most distinctive part of the video, is the red string/yarn/chord/ribbon. This string (I'm pretty sure) is the only thing in colour. We see it travelling through a town and it leads back to the attic.
5. The song is definitely quite famous, as me, a 15 year old, has heard it many times.
6. The song is from the 70s or 80s. My scottish parents who have lived in canda know it, but they cant seem to reccall it.
gast
gast
POP OUT OPSLAAN opslaan ...
Lees verder: