nl

How to Find a Song Name From a Few Lyrics

Volgen 7
Delen
Topic toevoegen
Zoeken
danastasia
danastasia | 13-06-2005 18:34
Whenever someone makes a thread looking for something, whenever I reply, it's because I've used Google to find it - I have the musical knowledge of a frogspawn. So, I thought I'd share how I get it to work. If you're not getting any replies with your thread, or before you even make a thread, try this:

**How to Find a Song Name from a few Lyrics**
Say you heard a song, and you can remember the lyrics, "I get knocked down, but I get up again" and you want to know the name.

1. Go to Google.

2. Type lyrics followed by the snippet of lyrics you know. If you're unsure if it's but or when or if, it doesn't matter, just leave it out.

So, you'll have entered:
lyrics i get knocked down i get up again

3. Press search!

9 times out of 10, the song will jump out at you...you'll get a preview of the rest of the lyrics which might jog your memory. If it's covered by more than one artist, a little research will find out who it is for you.

I find that with 'lyrics' at the start, you are far far far more likely to find the song. If you still have no luck, try with slight variations of what you can remember - Is it knocked down, or blocked down? If that still doesn't work, just remove the words you're unsure of altogether.

When you're using this method, it's key words like people or place names, unusual phrases or what you think are key parts to the song that will help you find what you're looking for.

Hope this helps.
26 tot 50 van 231 reacties
pagina 2 van 10
sexyangel71
sexyangel71 | 15-07-2005 16:13
[topic=] i am trying to find a song with a couple of words from the song. it kind of sounds like a slow heavy metal song but turns into kind of like faster heavy metal. i thought it would be linkin park or limp bizkit. but the slower parts words that i know is i care about you. and it repeats that several times like its the chorus. then it speeds up and in that part the words i know, you are just about as bad as me. can someone help i have been looking for this forever i have tried every search engine out there and no luck
100isay12
100isay12 | 27-07-2005 07:32
OMG thanks so much!!!!!!!!! This SOOOO works
detiquilin
detiquilin | 27-07-2005 14:52
i have tried that along with going on various sites to look up with the lyrics i do know and still can not find this song. i heard it again on the radio but did not catch the name or artist who sings it and it is driving me crazy.
any other ideas?
Patman
Patman | 27-07-2005 16:51
THANK YOU SO SO SO SO MUCH!!!!!! You don't know what a relief it is to FINALLY have the lyrics to this song![Almost A Love Song/Ricky Martin]
x_StRaWbErReEz_
x_StRaWbErReEz_ | 27-07-2005 16:57
Pfffff,I've tried everywhere to get the lyrics to pretty girls by the capricorns and,hmph,no luck
Guardian63
Guardian63 | 01-08-2005 16:00
I need help finding a song that I heard over the PA of a books-a-million the other day. All I can remember about the song is a few of the lyrics talking about, We need to get back home, or is it too far for you to go, and can we fix this one more time. I don;t remember the lyrics word for word. If anyone could help it would be greatly appriciated.

Guardian63
krazieel
krazieel | 04-08-2005 18:07
hey all. im new i just wanted to add that it also helps if you put quotations around the lyrics... like "i get knocked down" "i get up again" and add the word "lyrics".... but only put quotations if your POSITIVE that you heard that sentence in the song that your looking for.. lol hope that narrows your search down.
Cheater138
Cheater138 | 04-08-2005 18:09
Little late but you can also do this...

"Insert lyrics here", so anything inside the "" will be searched for.
danastasia
danastasia | 04-08-2005 20:57
You should edit that into my first post, Sarah
mason
mason | 05-08-2005 13:11
yeah didnt work for me depends on how popular the song is and if someone has typed it up and placed it on the web, dont know if anyone said that already. like i care anyway, sure i'll sit and read through over 30 posts.
Alien_06
Alien_06 | 14-08-2005 16:13
That's what I always do to find the complete song when I just know a bit of it. so I see you got the same way :p Haha, well yeah and you almost always find the right song
pdljennings
pdljennings | 19-08-2005 00:28
Thank you Thank you Thank you
Boyfriend hounded me to find this song for months and I was at a loss till you saved me!
Bloody_Rain
Bloody_Rain | 19-08-2005 23:02
omg ive searched around for this sng but i cant find... im not even sure its a sng but i swear ive seen it before
i carved your name into a bullet so everyone would know you were the last thing going through my head thats the lyrics that i no... if ne1 nos that sng can u tell me... or email insanementalchild@yahoo.com... uber thx if ne1 helps
SoSweetShorty
SoSweetShorty | 27-08-2005 02:47
thanx, this really helped
babyblue2067
babyblue2067 | 30-08-2005 20:33
clever dude
becki_boo
becki_boo | 05-09-2005 03:35
I'm new to this site, I joined to see if someone could help me find lyrics to a song I've been looking for for a long time with no success. I've tried all that's been suggested here but still have had no luck. Can anyone help???? I'm looking for hte lyrics to "Whiney Whiney" (Man you know what really drives me crazy) Artist: Willi One Blood. Would anyone here have any ideas where else I could search?

becki_boo
zimmergirl
zimmergirl | 06-09-2005 22:04
[b][i] I WAS WONDERING IF ANYONE IN THIS MUSIC COMMUNITY CAN HELP ME OUT.... I HAVE HAD A SONG STUCK IN MY HEAD FOR OVER A YEAR NOW... DONE LOTS OF SEARCHES AND CANT FIND NOTHING... NOW I DONT KNOW WHO SINGS IT... OR WHAT THE DARN NAME OF THE SONG IS... I HEARD IT ONLY 4 TIMES AND I WANT IT BADLY... NOW ALL I KNOW IS ITS ALTERNATIVE, AND I KNOW THE FIRST LINES OF IT..... I REALLY BADLY WANT THIS SONG..... CAN SOME ONE HELP ME FIND IT.... HERE ARE THE LYRICS, THE FIRST LINES OF THE SONG *THE ONLY PART OF THE SONG I KNOW*

~WAIT
WANT YOU TO STAY
WON'T ASK YOU TO CANGE
WON'T BE AFRAID TO BELIEVE IN US~

PLEASE PLEASE SOMEONE HELP ME....
IF U CAN COME UP WITH ANYTHING, PLEASE FEEL FREE TO EAMIL ME AT la_riley0707@hotmail.com
thanks everyone, Laura
ktisalatie
ktisalatie | 10-09-2005 06:33
ditto! it worked great. thanks
vili_Bg
vili_Bg | 14-09-2005 16:36
help me please! i am trying to find artist and name of song. I know a part from the lyrics: "night after night I am waiting for you night after night i am watching for you for your touch for your love... I will not cry if you leave me i will not die you can believe me"
thank you
Bijoubebe
Bijoubebe | 10-10-2005 05:56
If the song has a certain popularity it works, I've done it countless times but less popular songs aren't as easy. I've been searching for the same song for 2 weeks.
Cryhavoc
Cryhavoc | 10-10-2005 07:55
Ý tried to look the lyriks of in to the darkness a song of kittie.. But when i click it says its unable to read.. is anyone know here what can i do?
Ben321
Ben321 | 15-10-2005 01:33
That was really helpful, thanks
sarah_2204
sarah_2204 | 15-10-2005 01:39
Haha people wern't smart enough to figure out Google in the first place?

Well Danny, good on ya for helping out the speds : )

plus ill give you extra credit since you are technically my husband.........................
Hike
Hike | 15-10-2005 21:52
I think LSI should have a option search for music by piece of song.. .. I'm genius heheh
danastasia
danastasia | 15-10-2005 22:57
At the top of the page, next to the search bar, choose 'lyrics words' in the drop down menu and marvel at the ingenuity
gast
gast
POP OUT OPSLAAN opslaan ...
Lees verder: