nl

How to Find a Song Name From a Few Lyrics

Volgen 7
Delen
Topic toevoegen
Zoeken
danastasia
danastasia | 13-06-2005 18:34
Whenever someone makes a thread looking for something, whenever I reply, it's because I've used Google to find it - I have the musical knowledge of a frogspawn. So, I thought I'd share how I get it to work. If you're not getting any replies with your thread, or before you even make a thread, try this:

**How to Find a Song Name from a few Lyrics**
Say you heard a song, and you can remember the lyrics, "I get knocked down, but I get up again" and you want to know the name.

1. Go to Google.

2. Type lyrics followed by the snippet of lyrics you know. If you're unsure if it's but or when or if, it doesn't matter, just leave it out.

So, you'll have entered:
lyrics i get knocked down i get up again

3. Press search!

9 times out of 10, the song will jump out at you...you'll get a preview of the rest of the lyrics which might jog your memory. If it's covered by more than one artist, a little research will find out who it is for you.

I find that with 'lyrics' at the start, you are far far far more likely to find the song. If you still have no luck, try with slight variations of what you can remember - Is it knocked down, or blocked down? If that still doesn't work, just remove the words you're unsure of altogether.

When you're using this method, it's key words like people or place names, unusual phrases or what you think are key parts to the song that will help you find what you're looking for.

Hope this helps.
226 tot 231 van 231 reacties
pagina 10 van 10
Bekian
Bekian | 18-01-2018 09:13
Who sings... Take a walk in my shoes, I got style, I got brains, I got everything you need to take a walk in my shoes, I got power, I got fame, I got everything you need to take a walk in my shoes"
jliscum
jliscum | 19-01-2018 07:26
Is anyone monitoring this thread?
Brogan
Brogan | 21-01-2018 08:32
I had been searching for the name of a song for over 2 days. I found this forum thread and followed the tips given. I typed in "lyrics so baby let me hand" (the only lyrics I was positive about). The 10th result down was the answer. The song I was searching for was 'Hold Me' by Fleetwood Mac. Thank You!
robinsvy
robinsvy | 16-08-2019 06:12
error
Nhansophia2890
Nhansophia2890 | 19-02-2020 10:29
"...even life is easy even life is easy when i am with you catch you want my side how are us supposed to know that i've been so sad let it go going to chill the night going night together that so why it called trouble..." i am looking for this song pls help me
Olivia_Ka
Olivia_Ka | 23-06-2020 19:30
Havana make it ob-vi-ous, ob-ob-vi-ous.

Well why cannot it be Havana - Camila Cabello? Isn't it sung by Camilla Cabello?
gast
gast
POP OUT OPSLAAN opslaan ...
Lees verder: