LetsSingIt インターネット歌詞データベース
ja

Have you taken the ACT, SAT, or Praxis standarized test(s)?

フォローする 1
Megosztani
トピックを追加
探す
roxcyn
roxcyn | 30-04-2016 00:21
When you want to go further with your education - sometimes they make you take standardized testing such as the ACT, SAT and Praxis. Have you taken them? Do you like them?

Let's discuss and have fun!

Yes, the ACT and the SAT.3 (50.0 %)vote
Yes, the ACT, SAT, and Praxis.2 (33.3 %)vote
No, I've never taken any of them. 1 (16.7 %)vote
Yes, the ACT.0 (0.0 %)vote
Yes, some other standardized test.0 (0.0 %)vote
total votes: 6
18 反応
roxcyn
roxcyn | 30-04-2016 00:22
Yes, the ACT, SAT, and Praxis.
I had to take ACT, SAT, and Praxis for the university. I hated the ACT and SAT so much. I really prepared for the Praxis with their study guide and everything and I passed it on the first try.
Captain_Keeta
Captain_Keeta | 30-04-2016 00:23
No, I've never taken any of them.
Against my religion.
roxcyn
roxcyn | 30-04-2016 00:25
Some of the answers that students write are funny, though. I wouldn't have taken them if it weren't to fulfill the requirements.
JDolla
JDolla | 30-04-2016 00:27
Yes, the ACT and the SAT.
I'm not mad that Jeff stole my joke. Honestly, i think its funny
kalsonberry
kalsonberry | 30-04-2016 00:33
Captain_Keeta
Captain_Keeta | 30-04-2016 00:34
Joke creds to Jeremy.
PracticePractic
PracticePractic | 30-04-2016 00:52
Yes, the ACT, SAT, and Praxis.
Actually not the ACT---I did this before that came out and I did the older tests as well before Praxis 1 and 2 (Called the NTE National Teacher Exam, but too late the poll has its answer boxes chosen already so I had to pick one)

* offtopic :
In case Jeff reads this (he asked me about doing/asking for extra homework in an earlier Randomness I remember! But I didn't respond to it as would take too long---

I signed a confidentiality agreement, but it was for the questions if I remember so I guess since you don't know who I am---- If Jeff has any complaints about the questions on any of these tests--- well....guess its my fault! I've been for many years one of the "testers" who they test new questions on these tests as we have standard scores known to the testing people so they can compare our scores with scores with the new questions even before asking them on the tests as "additional" hidden questions that don't count (did you ever read ALL the instructions anyone?) So there Jeff! I take these tests regularly "for fun" and to help them out! I took the first practice Praxis tests before they were introduced across the US.

Oh a comment for our other members overseas reading this poll: These are American-based tests---- wonder what tests are given to our foreign College and job applicants ?
roxcyn
roxcyn | 30-04-2016 01:00
Neat, PP! Do they still do that? I'm one of the scorers for one of them.
JDolla
JDolla | 30-04-2016 01:04
I like that I was given credit for my joke
roxcyn
roxcyn | 30-04-2016 01:06
As you should be, Jeremy!
MCSMeister
MCSMeister | 30-04-2016 01:07
I've taken both of them to try to meet the requirement for the scholarship I've been aiming for (it's an either-or situation - you have to meet a minimum on either the SAT or ACT). I took the SAT twice, once in junior year and once in January of this year. Was planning to take it a third time, but I forgot my ID! Then, I took the ACT early this month and met the requirement for the scholarship spot-on - the minimum score you had to get was 26, and my composite score was 26. So now all that's left for me to do is finish my volunteer hours (and I only have two more days of that left - next Tuesday and Thursday) and I'm all set!

I've never heard of Praxis. I don't believe it's required for the scholarships here.
roxcyn
roxcyn | 30-04-2016 01:10
Nice going, Nicolas! Praxis is a test for professionals such as teachers, principals, etc. I had to meet a minimum score requirement to do my student teaching.
PracticePractic
PracticePractic | 30-04-2016 01:23
^ Didn't know you're a teacher too Scott! Student teaching is HARD! right?
roxcyn
roxcyn | 30-04-2016 01:25
Nope, I'm not a teacher currently, PP.
PracticePractic
PracticePractic | 30-04-2016 01:30
Not currently here either....same as you I guess got the degree/license and currently not using it!
roxcyn
roxcyn | 30-04-2016 01:32
For the job I'm doing know you have to have BA or higher so I guess I'm putting it to use, huh? I realized I didn't really like it after the student teaching. I decide not to do it.
MCSMeister
MCSMeister | 30-04-2016 01:36
Oh, I see, so Praxis is only if you want to get into the teaching profession (much like the ASVAB is mostly for those who want to be in the military). Since you included it in the poll with two standardized tests that prepare you for college, it mislead me to think that it was another one of those. But now I see it's profession-based.
roxcyn
roxcyn | 30-04-2016 01:40
I was still in the university at the time, though. Oh, and I had to take an OPI or whatever it was called in Spanish. That was interesting.
 ゲスト
ゲスト
飛び出す 保存する megtakarítás ...
続きを読む: