ja
フォローする 1
Megosztani
トピックを追加
探す
vandy
vandy | 23-02-2015 06:13
Hello all,

I've been a poster on this site for over a decade--though it's been YEARS since I've been a regular. I'm just wondering what the culture is around here these days--nothing more than simple curiosity. Who are the key players, what are the regular arguments, what are the hot topics of conversation, etc? Just curious! Anyone still frequent this place that I would know?

Cheers!
14 反応
FireWaterBurn6
FireWaterBurn6 | 23-02-2015 06:41
Hey Vandy, nice to see you drop by. I hope everything is going well. I'm sure it is, you always seemed like a smart person with their shit together.

Anyways, I'll fill you in on the status of LSI.

-Randomness is still the main/only thread for discussion.

-A few new popular games have taken over (Pointless and Guess Who games)

-There's like 10 regulars that post pretty much daily.
Me, Joe (juiceboxjoe/CaptainStabbin), Jeremy (Jdolla), Sarah, Jen, Joey, Lisa, Jeff (Captain_Keeta). Anthony (fishmunky) just started posting after being away for... awhile?? Heather posted until like a year ago and I miss her boobs. I left for a couple years and then came back like 2 years ago after college. Bruna posts pretty regularly, James stops in occasionally. Carl posts a lot and I don't think he was around when you were active.

There's a few "newer" members like PracticePractic who is like a long winded 50 year old guy and MastersArmsFan who's a female teacher.

Big topics are usually... Making fun of Jeff for being a teenager. Finances. Housing. Food. Bitching about work. Anything but music. Really boring adult stuff now that I think about it. Very rarely any stirring of the pot or arguing anymore unfortunately. A few times a week, a few of us go into our Plug.dj chatroom/music player and take turns playing music and chatting. The actual chatroom is dead. Robdog sat in there by himself for like 5 years and just recently emerged to the forum. Tabitha and Maycen stopped by semi recently just to say Hi. Ummm, that's pretty much it. I remember you got married not all that long ago. How's life?
FireWaterBurn6
FireWaterBurn6 | 23-02-2015 06:44
Oh, Sierra is still here too but haven't seen her post much lately. Sorry to anyone I forgot.
Cheater138
Cheater138 | 23-02-2015 12:42
Hey meg! Curt summed it up pretty well. Randomness, a couple of game threads, and Jeff posting everywhere. Good to see you though! Hope things are going well.
Captain_Keeta
Captain_Keeta | 23-02-2015 13:39
It's true.

Welcome back!
CaptainStabbin
CaptainStabbin | 23-02-2015 14:45
Curt pretty much nailed it. Welcome back, hope you stick around.

Someone fill me in!

Also, phrasing!
Joeyy
Joeyy | 23-02-2015 17:24
Yep.

Nice to have you check in, Meg. Hope life's good.
zjenn4
zjenn4 | 24-02-2015 02:20
Meg, Meg, Meg! Welcome back! Please stay!
FireWaterBurn6
FireWaterBurn6 | 24-02-2015 09:08
vandy
vandy | 25-02-2015 06:00
WOW! Lots of you still here that I know Life's good...married, yes, also have a job I love and I am *almost* fully licensed as a therapist so that's cool Also finally acquired a sister when my bro got married around Christmas. Next stop is babies, I hope, but not sure just when.

Curt, I remember when we harassed *you* for being a teenager, haha, good for passing it along.

Sarah, I see you pop up on FB every now and again. Funny that when this whole thing started, facebook wasn't even a thing!

I don't know that I'll become a reg again, but I'll try to pop in a little more often
FireWaterBurn6
FireWaterBurn6 | 25-02-2015 06:34
We also have these "like" features on posts now and can post YouTube videos. Other than that, it's same ole LSI. I definitely remember being a teenager here. It's funny now that the age differences seem so small or non existent, but at the time I guess being 3 or 4 years younger was a bigger gap. Jeff is a good decade younger than almost everyone, so he stands out more as a turd nowadays than he would have 8 or so years ago on LSI.

Sounds like you're doing well for yourself. Are you going for your LPC? It's just a matter of timing for me as to when to start grad school. The time and money make it feel pretty intimidating sometimes.

Actually, yeah that's weird to think about the Facebook thing. I don't even know if YouTube was a thing when I joined LSI. It's funny to try to remember back that far, it all seems like lifetimes ago.
Captain_Keeta
Captain_Keeta | 25-02-2015 09:35
A therapist?! Wow good for you!
fishmunky
fishmunky | 25-02-2015 12:36
I just hope MEg isn't going the Tobias Funke route and trying to become renown as an analyst/therapist

or as they say for short in the industry, an analrapist
vandy
vandy | 28-02-2015 07:25
LOL Anthony :-p

Curt, what are you thinking of doing grad school for? What did you study as an undergrad?

I'll actually be an LCSW (Licensed Clinical Social Worker) as soon as I turn in some paperwork and pay the board a fee. I can do what an LPC does, but also a bit more--it's a little more versatile, though not as well-paying (usually) as someone with a doctorate. (Which...no.)

Yeah sounds like it used to be a younger crowd back when! I was actually...still in high school when I first got my user name! Sheesh I feel old! Poor Jeff . He'll grow out of it.
Captain_Keeta
Captain_Keeta | 28-02-2015 13:56
Poor Jeff indeed.

You should definitely stick around!
 ゲスト
ゲスト
飛び出す 保存する megtakarítás ...
続きを読む: