it

does anyone else Hate maths?

Seguire 0
Condividere
Aggiungi argomento
Cercare
music_2000
music_2000 | 02-09-2004 00:38
does anyone else Hate maths? because I hope Im not the only one. I just find it so boring and way too difficult I mean I go fine in subjects that ask to recall information that u learnt like IT etc but maths asks me to work out stuff I always wish that I was like excellent at it but like 80% of pplz in my skool doing the basic maths course failed
101 a 111 di 111 commenti
pagina 5 di 5
ribosom
ribosom | 04-07-2005 15:15
I don't have much of a problem with Maths but it can get really though sometimes.
I hate physics more. Way too complicated.
PrincessIrish
PrincessIrish | 04-07-2005 15:28
I love maths, but that's just me lol
Nancy_89
Nancy_89 | 05-07-2005 19:02
i dont love math, but im really good at it
slim_gary
slim_gary | 05-07-2005 19:07
i dont have to do another maths lesson ever again!!
Queen_bean
Queen_bean | 05-07-2005 19:09
algebra makes me hrny. nt really
Roxy_Ryan
Roxy_Ryan | 05-07-2005 19:34
I thought I hated it.

But this June I had to do some catch-up revision for it and also try some exercises and calculations n' whatnot... and it reminded me of just how much I used to love Maths.

It was the teaching quality that put me off of Maths
yumarlenehesayz
yumarlenehesayz | 06-07-2005 01:28
OMG!! I love math....MATH IS POWER!!!...I'm kinda anxious to get my AP Calculus scores back...kinda scared though...what if i screwed up...DOH! ...OH well...i guess i'll c..

[/offtopic]by the way...my summer pre-cal teacher was HOT!!! i can't wait to have him next year as my Calculus BC teacher....oh yea!!!! [offtopic]
yumarlenehesayz
yumarlenehesayz | 06-07-2005 01:29
God!!!! that's the second time i do that....sorry!!!!
* offtopic :
i meant to do this
Olivia_Ka
Olivia_Ka | 11-01-2019 03:16
*Unearths this topic*

Me! #jaimepastroplesmaths
Dedicated to Jean-Michel Blanquer.

Now, in January 2019, it seems that multiplication tables have been changed in France between 2016 and last year (the UK apparently still hasn't officialized or they are more stubborn than we are, partly because of Brexit).
Not the 5 one because it still goes 5-10-15-20-25 and so on, not the 6 either with 6-12-18-24-30 and so on.
The 4 one has been changed, it goes 4-8-12-20 now, the "16" I used to have in primary school has gone missing. If four by four is twenty, I'll go back to work, but not to school again.
I have bad souvenirs of maths exams in primary and secondary school, please don't talk about that to me again.

My auntie was a maths teacher and I remember going to her's one Tuesday afternoon to help me doing a series of maths exercises. My good marks in maths have probably led to me to go to scientific session in high school, instead of literary. (I did not graduate 3 times in a row, but I later did with a different exam)
PracticePractic
PracticePractic | 11-01-2019 09:40
I find that "fascinating" Celine!
Can you please post a link to that 4 x table?
Maybe its an web error we (or at least me if my French can survive Google Translator and my old lessons) try to correct there.... Should not be missing 16!

Think of all the poor teenagers who are going to miss their sweet sixteen parties without the number 16!
Think of all the errors we are going to have (Jeff!) I can see Lunar Lander of Chinese crashing into the Moon if they use a table without the number 16!

(Lunar lander was just 15 feet to go----honest! Next number was 17! "crash and boom sounds")
[Remember Jeff how they made that error before too forgetting to convert in metric vs Imperial (USA etc)... and lost a multi-billion dollar probe into the Martian dust!]
Olivia_Ka
Olivia_Ka | 11-01-2019 10:11
Lunar Lander of Chinese? No, let's not talk about counterfeiting! No, Practice, as long as I can count, it's not 16 as a number but 16 as "four by four". I've always learnt that "four by four" is sixteen.
Maybe its an web error we (or at least me if my French can survive Google Translator and my old lessons) try to correct there.... Should not be missing 16!

Well... I was playing a mahjong game and supposed to collect 20 flower tiles - and wondered how I went from 12 to 20 after completing one board.
According to the progress bar, I got 4 after the first game, 8 after the second, 12 after the third and 20 after the fourth and last one.
- A mahjong board must have 144 tiles, 4 seasons and 4 flowers
- "Challenge" boards must have 288 tiles, 8 seasons and... How many flowers? 4 to 8 apparently.
* offtopic :
I've been told there can be actually 8 in the second case.

I was terrifically concentrated on my game that I apparently did not notice I was playing a challenge board (one with the maximum number, 8, of flower tiles) with 8 seasons and apparently 8 flowers, but I noticed only 4 of them. I thought all boards, including challenges, had 4 flowers in them. Well, I thought the game went buggy or phoney, but if it counted 8 flowers while I only remembered seeing 4 of them, then the game worked well... And the multiplication table of 4 has not been changed last year/is not changing soon in any way!
ospite
ospite
SALTARE FUORI SALVA salvataggio ...
Leggi di più: