LetsSingIt il database dei testi di Internet
it
Seguire 2
Condividere
Aggiungi argomento
Cercare
Joeyy
Joeyy | 23-08-2010 23:16
So most of you probably haven't noticed yet, but the Htd1 account is gone from LSI. If you're wondering why, you'll find a clear explanation here.

If you don't wanna bother reading it all, here's the short version of the story:

Gabriel is not who he says he is. For the past years, he's been using Michael C's pictures. He's also made up a girl called Brianna Casella – who, in real life, is Mallory D Mike's girlfriend for the past two years as she said herself. Second part of the message

Mike and Mallory's photos have been uploaded by multiple people (their friends) in multiple albums under these names. All their friends in the photos are tagged. Notice that this is not like Gabe's, where only him and Brianna are usually tagged, and only they comment. There is also a video of Michael and Mallory together where you can hear the woman (supposedly Brianna) being called Mallory ("Mal").

So yes. Gabriel lied to us all for the past 8 years. Full explanation below.

Gabriel always claimed to be British, born in Manchester. And yet, you will find no record of his birth on findmypast.co.uk, while other british LSIers can easily be found. Not under his middle name, not under a different city, nothing.

Gabe is the only one who ever comments on Brianna's photos (bearing in mind that 'Brianna' appears to be a very outgoing woman); Gabe is the only one to be tagged in most of Brianna's photos; Brianna often seems to respond very quickly to things Gabe has said; and most of Brianna's profile is on private (despite the fact that she has no problem openly embarrassing herself on Gabe's profile). Surely no woman would degrade and humiliate herself the way Brianna does.

More recently, he would not meet Kara, although he loved her and was feeling suicidal because of her. They were only 2 hours away, why wouldn't they meet? Or speak on the phone? Gabriel would only leave her voicemails with a funny british accent. Also, he wouldn't give her his address, nor allow her to drive to his city.

And, oddly enough, health issues would always get in the way of them meeting. Although Kara called the hospitals, and no Gabriel Matthews was ever checked in. Even though he said he was.

If you looked at his friends lists on Facebook (it has since been deleted) you may have noticed that they are mostly members from LSI. Out of 84 friends, 70 something are LSI members.

Like 'Brianna', Gabe appears from his photos to be an outgoing person, right? His hockey; his partying (mostly in the past due to his apparent sickness, but he did mention going out recently); his friends from the photographs he has. Why aren't these people on his Facebook? It's curious that he had supposedly lived in Manchester (or even the UK) for years, but had no one on his Facebook who he went to school with here or hung out with here (the only British people there are ones from LSI). Gabe calls Brianna "just an old fuck buddy", but his pictures imply otherwise. Not only do they show the two at parties together, but they show them at what looks like either holidays or family gatherings; at events such as the sorority ones... and Gabe had said he had spent a Christmas with Brianna. Still, we thought maybe they were simply closer friends than he has tried to imply.

In one of those Brianna pictures, she was wearing a sorority t-shirt. Chi Omega to be more precise. Using different Penn State and sorority websites, no record can be found of a Brianna Casella at a Penn State sorority. Also no available records for inline hockey online, other than statistics and main players (no Gabriel Matthews there). Nor a roster of both the US team and the British team, as Gabe has apparently claimed to play for both.

Eventually, through the PSU sorority websites, Mike and Mallory were found.

Mike's PSU Page

Photos of Mallory by Others

More

Video of Mike, notice you can't tell if he knows he's being filmed

Video on CollegeHumor uploaded by Mike

Clip of Mallory's birthday – listen to them call her Mal

____

This was a collaborative effort between myself, Caleb, Bruna. Kara and Carole have been informed.
976 a 1,000 di 1,025 commenti
pagina 40 di 41
FireWaterBurn6
FireWaterBurn6 | 11-05-2016 23:41
I still have the guy who gabe pretended to be on FB lol. What's gabes Facebook name or link me up??
Joeyy
Joeyy | 11-05-2016 23:44
He'll have reappeared on your friend's list now if he's still on there. Gabriel Matthews.
JDolla
JDolla | 11-05-2016 23:47
If he set his account as inactive, all it takes to re-activate it is to log in. So either he mistakenly signed in or he was going back and looking at his old posts.
Captain_Keeta
Captain_Keeta | 11-05-2016 23:58
Does he know that we know he's a fake? Dumb question too lazy to go back and read.
FireWaterBurn6
FireWaterBurn6 | 12-05-2016 00:23
My detective hat is back. I actually thought of a very clever way to figure this out. I'll report back later
Captain_Keeta
Captain_Keeta | 12-05-2016 00:24
Lol good luck.
Cheater138
Cheater138 | 12-05-2016 01:15
It surprises me how many people stayed friends with him
Joeyy
Joeyy | 12-05-2016 01:16
He deactivated his account, doesn't that remove someone from your list? So I'm guessing we didn't get the chance to remove him ourselves.
roxcyn
roxcyn | 12-05-2016 02:04
No, it doesn't. You have an option to deactivate it, then they're still in your friend's list, but their profile picture is gray (no pic) and you can't click on their profile. They have a choice, keep it inactive (do nothing), re-activate it at a later date, or delete their whole page. I never was friends with him. Good going, Lisa, to post for all the veterans forumers.
Joeyy
Joeyy | 12-05-2016 02:09
Hmm. A friend of mine reactivated her Facebook account yesterday after a couple of months away, and although I never checked to see if she'd gone from my friends list, Facebook did (when she was gone) say she was no longer a mutual friend of another friend. Figured this meant they did disappear from your list when deactivated.

Anyway, if not then I guess we just assumed he'd gone for good. He was still on Kara's, too.
Cheater138
Cheater138 | 13-05-2016 01:41
Unless there's some other option for deactivating that makes you disappear that I don't know about, when someone deactivates, they still show in your friends list. But when you click their name it takes you back to your own profile. When Gabe was found out I went into my friends list, found his name and removed it.
C4L
C4L | 31-05-2016 18:55
I came back on here to find/re-read this post after I was scrolling through my events page on fb and saw Gabriel Matthew's birthday listed meaning his account must be re-activated. Was considering trying to message him but no idea what I would say. Then came back here to check if anyone noticed/would have posted about it. I thought not as I wasn't sure if anyone still used the site from back in the day but I was wrong! I was pretty impressed I remembered my teenage years password!
Juliet86
Juliet86 | 31-05-2016 19:04
Hey, Vicky!

I messaged him back when I mentioned him being on Facebook. It still looks like he hasn't read it. So he's probably not actually using his account.
roxcyn
roxcyn | 01-06-2016 05:48
* offtopic :
Howdy Vicky! Welcome back to LSI!
So, I think it reactived it, maybe he's using for another website or wanted to use a fake account for something.
Captain_Keeta
Captain_Keeta | 01-06-2016 17:04
Someone link me his "profile."
MCSMeister
MCSMeister | 01-06-2016 18:01
Are we even allowed to link Facebook profiles in public threads without that person's consent? I don't know if that's explicitly in the LSI rules but it seems like a breach of privacy regardless.
Joeyy
Joeyy | 01-06-2016 18:14
Possibly not, but this person's account was fake, so consent rules might not apply.
Juliet86
Juliet86 | 01-06-2016 18:35
Since his account is searchable (I think. At least I could search for it but that could be because he was already on my friends list), I don't think there'd be a privacy issue. Anyone can search for him, or go to one of our pages and find him among our friends, so I don't think linking to it would be against rules. And as Joey said, his photos, his facts, and maybe even his name aren't really his. His profile won't tell you anything private about the real him.
Captain_Keeta
Captain_Keeta | 01-06-2016 18:45
His profile is fake anyways. It wouldn't be a big deal. You could PM it to me but I'm not sure if the same principals would apply.
MCSMeister
MCSMeister | 01-06-2016 18:56
I was asking a general question for the most part, but even still I wasn't sure if linking to social media accounts was allowed on here either way. I guess it doesn't matter if it is fake but I still wonder about that.

Also, Lisa, I don't have anyone from this site on Facebook, and I'm not sure if Jeff does either (he might, but I don't know). I don't think it'd be as easily searchable if we didn't have mutual friends with him.
Juliet86
Juliet86 | 01-06-2016 19:40
My post didn't post? I did hit post, didn't I? Confused. OK, what was I saying?

Jeff is friends with a few of us, but you're right that not anyone could find it. My point was really that if someone chooses to make their Facebook public, they kind of have to expect it to be public.

Also, I've been on LSI a long time and never heard of a rule against it.
Captain_Keeta
Captain_Keeta | 01-06-2016 19:43
You don't have to if you want, I was just asking if any of you could, no biggie if you don't want to. :p
Juliet86
Juliet86 | 01-06-2016 19:50
I've said twice that you can find him on my friends list. Lazy . ('Cause I'm too lazy to link .)
Captain_Keeta
Captain_Keeta | 01-06-2016 20:09
You said it yourself, I'm far too lazy. :p
roxcyn
roxcyn | 01-06-2016 21:52
[URL=http://www.letssingit.com/help/307487]Nope[/URL], not from what I've seen, Nicolas.
ospite
ospite
SALTARE FUORI SALVA salvataggio ...
Leggi di più: