it

is anyone a cashier at a dept store?

Seguire 0
Condividere
Aggiungi argomento
Cercare
psychocutie2007
psychocutie2007 | 19-09-2005 18:58
omg i am a cashier for a department sotre adn we just had the biggest sale ever and i hated it it so sucked because we were so busy we close at 8 and i didnt get home til like ten because of all the crap that we had to go put back and clean up yea but hey i make 7.65 an hour and its my first job so i guess i shouldnt really complain
7 commenti
Punky_fish100
Punky_fish100 | 19-09-2005 18:59
thats really good, at my last job i was getting £3 an hour and im 16; half the reason a quit. The hard graft pays off in the end (excuse the pun)
psychocutie2007
psychocutie2007 | 19-09-2005 19:00
yea i does...now if only i could quit spending the check b4 i actually get it.....lol
andro
andro | 19-09-2005 19:01
That's a pretty good rate of pay... And being a cashier is a relatively simple job (even though the hours can sometime suck a bit).

With one of my old jobs I did a few shifts that took me through to 11:30pm. That wasn't fun
psychocutie2007
psychocutie2007 | 19-09-2005 19:02
ooh that wouldnt be fun we close no later than 8 through the week ok now i dont feel that bad
Pandora
Pandora | 19-09-2005 19:02
eh.. it's called 'work'... work isn't supposed to be easy.. or you aren't earning your pay.

rockon
tabitha
Cheater138
Cheater138 | 19-09-2005 19:07
I use tobe a cashier at Toys R Us. Worst job I ever had... got paid 5.75 an hour.. barely worked 15 hours a week... and when I did work it was mostly standing around. I'd of killed for it to be busy. It was a waste of time mostly. My job now I'm making almost $300 a week.
roxcyn
roxcyn | 26-05-2019 17:09
I was looking for a different topic but I'd like to share on my day off.

Yes, I was a cashier for four years at a grocery store. I didn't like when they let the other coworker leave early just because then it would get busy af. Only one cashier now.

Another thing FT got paid more per hour than PT. It didn't make any sense as we did the same job. Also, it was a union job so I saw the irony in it. Not union in my opinion. I'll go over positives though, too, in a bit.

Some pet peeves. No I don't want to take money for your bra or underwear. I don't mind if you coupon, but I'm only one cashier and it takes time to scan them. I know some of you slip in coupons that stuff you didn't get.

No, I'm not selling alcohol after the time.

No, we don't like you hitting on us.

Nope, I'm not trying to rip you off. If my coworker didn't update the price correctly then it will ring up incorrectly. Sometimes, it was you who bought the wrong item.

No, I don't mind helping you out to the car but I'm the only cashier so it'll back up my line. (I was 3rd shift if you're confused at this point).

Positives, I had some amazing coworkers and I still keep in touch with some of them. I'll get a pension (very small) as one of the small perks of the union. I still get the employee discount. They never deactivated it for me. At the time, their insurance was A1. I had to have a surgery, it was very expensive and I paid $200 out of pocket.
ospite
ospite
SALTARE FUORI SALVA salvataggio ...
Leggi di più: