Somewhere Not Here2 (50.0 %)vote
Sometime Later1 (25.0 %)vote
Sometime Later (Theme)1 (25.0 %)vote
total votes: 4
7 टिप्पणियाँ
Olivia_Ka
Olivia_Ka | 29-10-2019 18:33
Sometime Later
Deffo an October song. And I've listened to it all month long since I was feeling sad and nostalgic. The well-licked melody and instruments of the fabulous composers-musicians duet #Alpha and in the center, the extraordinary singer-lyricist #MartinBarnard well highlighted. Worth listening Firefly too!

#1997 #bonafide #calm #nostalgique #wonderfulandsad
Captain_Keeta
Captain_Keeta | 29-10-2019 19:10
Somewhere Not Here
#hashtags #dont #work #on #here
roxcyn
roxcyn | 30-10-2019 04:01
Somewhere Not Here
I like this one the best.
PracticePractic
PracticePractic | 30-10-2019 05:38
Sometime Later (Theme)
Tough choice---so I chose based on tiny things...

Sometime Later with its slow sad words, the video shows back of a woman taking a bath (mmmmm relaxing)
BUT she is smoking a cigarette in a holder hiding away in a bathroom---not good for her lungs, health or the smell of smoke locked in that tiny room--no matter what flavor bubbles in tub!

Somewhere Not Here---again a very nostalgic sad theme and faded beach scene making me sad just describing these.

So I chose Sometime Late (Theme) even though its instrumental without words (not really for a lyrics website) but I'm a musician, so I do like many instrumental themes (think of all the Star Wars themes 100% [I think have to check my music books] without words!!) And so many television and movie themes without words that are not even included in this website to enjoy! I had many on that dance place that Joe and others frequented here but that I had to keep asking for the entry bookmark.
AND
Its a stronger, more happier, uplifting melody!
AND
No one else choose Sometime Late (Theme) so now the poll has all three colors in it too! I think of many things when taking one of these polls!

Thanks Celine for the Poll!
Olivia_Ka
Olivia_Ka | 30-10-2019 11:45
Practice : it's better to listen to the song itself, the backdrop photo doesn't matter that much - I prefer the backdrop for SNH than for SL anyway, or maybe the one for SL(T) too. There is an official video for the short edit of SL (minus what I call "part 2" of the song), but it is little related to the song itself. Alpha and Martin dared appearing in it - so 1997, so English, so elegant, even though looks are just the tip of the iceberg (I read all the comments below). There is a toilet scene in the official video that I don't understand the meaning of, as it's the part I'm supposed to cry on, before the climax - and ashtrays are full too, we couldn't shot a video like this one 22 years on.

Have you checked the songwriters' names? For SL.
Corin Dingley (composer-musician)
Andy Jenks (composer-musician)
Lee Hazlewood (sampled composer)
Martin Barnard (singer-lyricist)

For SNH it would be like this.
Corin Dingley (composer-musician)
Lee Hazlewood (sampled composer)
Andy Jenks (composer-musician)
Wendy Stubbs (singer-lyricist)
* offtopic :
I tried it with "cawl" too, it's a Welsh soup, but they're deffo not Welsh.
Olivia_Ka
Olivia_Ka | 12-11-2019 01:02
And if it's not enough, have a listen to both in one! Seems like the girl is singing to the boy and vice versa. Sorry for not having found this one earlier.
Olivia_Ka
Olivia_Ka | 15-08-2020 17:21
No, it's not enough. Yesterday, I've discovered what I call "the sample of the sample of the sample".

[1] My Autumn's Done Come by Lee Hazlewood
[2] Somewhere Not Here by Alpha + Wendy Stubbs (sampled : 1)
[3] Sometime Later by Alpha + Martin Barnard (sampled : 1)
[4] Ghost by Gry & F.M. Einheit (sampled : 2)
[5] Kill Yourself Part IV by $uicideboy$ (sampled : 4)

KY Part IV by $ does not sample SL by Alpha, contrary to popular misinterpretations.
अतिथि
अतिथि
बाहर निकालना सहेजें बचत ...
अधिक पढ़ें: