es

Site upgrade - bugs and change requests

Siga 3
Compartir
Añadir tema
Buscar
Ray
Ray | 09-08-2022 13:22
This is a support page for the site upgrade, read more about this here: Site Upgrade – Beta Version Launched!.

Below is a list with known bugs and change requests and their status.

If you found a new bug or would like to submit a change request, please let me know by leaving a comment in this topic.

Bugs

[open] Cropping pictures
When cropping an uploaded picture by using the zoom option in combination with the dragging function, the picture may not be copped as presented in the preview.
[open] Review notifications don't work for rejected content
When submitted content completed review and was rejected, the notification doesn't work.
[closed] System doesn't recognize featured artists in tracklist titles
[closed] "No Video available for this song"
On song pages that have a video linked sometimes a "No Video available for this song" appears.
[closed] Video search remains empty
When trying to enter a video for a song, the search results sometimes remain empty.
[closed] "add new artist" button ias broken
When adding a featured artist to a song, the "add new artist" button (for adding artists not in the system yet) is broken and returns an error.
[closed] The bookmark/playlist-button does not shows up as yellow on bookmarked content.
[closed] "bonus-track" tag not working properly
When adding bonus tracks to an album page by appending [Bonus Track] to the end of the song title, it will now show up in the tracklist with [Bonus Track] after it twice - one of these actually being added to the title, while the other one is the proper system identifier.
[closed] "add-label" button is missing
When trying to enter an unknown label, the "+add new record label" button is missing.
[closed] Remove content without approving other content
If content is added that already exists and you use the remove / already exists option, the remove option should take care of all the other content and no manual review should be needed.
[closed] Loading a picture made system hang.
When loading a picture over a non-secure HTTP connection, the system should raise an alert.
[closed] The edit-form of the "about" song/album is not working.
[closed] The album link is empty wen reviewing an album removal request.
When reviewing an album removal request, the link to the correct album remains empty.
[closed] Pressing Enter key shows error page
On the "Download from Internet" form, pressing the Enter key shows an error page.
[closed] Pictures won't load correctly
Picture that succecsfully loaded in the old system don't load anymor ein the new system.
[closed] Changing the capitalization of an artist name gives duplicate error
The new system doesn't recognize changing the capitalization of an artist name, an duplicte error is shown.
[closed] Reviewing an album gives infinite load symbol when tracklist contains special quotes
When opening the review form for a new or improved album that has non-standard quotes in the tracklist, you run into an infinite loading symbol.
[closed] Link in my-content don't work for new content
After adding a song or album, the link in my-content don't work.
[closed] Album and song cover don't load after move
When moving an album or song to another artist, the cover (if exists) won't load. The remove functionality has been disabled until this issue has been fixed.
[closed] Review notifications don't work
When content you submitted has been reviewed, the notification with the review results doesn't work.
[closed] New artists don't appear correctly in searchengine
After adding an artist and looking up this artist in the searchengine, the search results are blank. There is a search result for the artist, but no name or other text is displayed.
[closed] Infinite loading review button
When clicking on the review button while no items are in the review-queue, the page hangs ("infinite loading").
[closed] Prepublished content appears as "improvement" in queue
When content is pre-published on the site (i.e. already added to the site, but still under review) it appears in the review queue as "improvement". it should actually appear as "new".
[closed] Header styling incorrect
The new header styling is not always displayed properly.
[closed] Review queue popup doesn't close
When you open an item to review from the review list, the review list doesn't close. After reviewing the item, a new review list is opened. The result is that you end up with multiple popups that you have to close.
[closed] Infinite loading after reviewing
When reviewing an item in review the page hangs ("infinite loading").
[closed] The resource button does nothing when you click on it
The "Resources"-button on the CMS form doesn't do anything when you click on it. The button has been removed.

Change requests

Update Sitemap
Update the sitemap.
Make gallery pictures accessible for header-pictures
Make gallery pictures accessible for header-pictures
Rebuild header-picture from old system
The header pictures from the old system don't look nice in the new layout because the new system stretches these images. A rebuild of thes pictures should fix the problem.
[closed] Reinstall back and forward tabs on albums
On song pages the back- and forward tabs on albums whoud be reinstalled.
[closed] Make capitalization of names consistent
The capitalization across the site is inconsistent when dealing with artist names and song titles that are in all-lowercase.
[closed] Improved error handling at picture uploading form
When uploading a picture fails, the system does now produces a better error message of what went wrong.
[closed] Featured artists form has an edit-option now
Featured artists can now be edited.
[closed] System accepts shorter lyrics
[closed] Tabe restored on member profile pages
The tabs are re-added on the member pages to make things more clear and intuitive. Now you can "jump" to the section of the profile you want.
[closed] Museum updated
The LSI Museum Site has been updated with the 2009 through 2022 site design.
26 a 50 de 109 comentarios
página 2 de 5
Ray
Ray | 26-08-2022 08:09
New review queue doesn't open and keeps buffering.

fixed
roxcyn
roxcyn | 26-08-2022 11:51
Thanks Ray!
MCSMeister
MCSMeister | 02-09-2022 18:13
I've been noticing two major oddities when uploading artist pictures on the new site ever since it went live, so I think it's time to post about them here. The only reason I waited so long is because I wasn't sure if they were in the process of being worked on already.

- When I select the "Download from Internet" option, paste in a link and press the Enter key, it takes me to an error page that looks like this. It seems that only pressing the "start download" button works here, but the Enter key leading to an error page is rather jarring and adds an unnecessary hurdle to the process. This obviously wasn't intentional and must be an unresolved glitch.

- The option to upload artist pictures to an artist's gallery no longer exists. You can upload header pictures and profile pictures, but that's it. Clearly, these are still supported on the new site as you can see the artist pictures when you scroll down as before, so I assume this is an oversight.
-- By extension, when setting a header or profile picture, there's no longer a button allowing us to select from the existing artist pictures. We're only given the option to upload from device, download from internet, or set the "default" image.
MCSMeister
MCSMeister | 04-09-2022 20:02
Another bug: the new system doesn't seem to recognize when I'm changing the capitalization of an artist name. Instead, it gives me an error that the artist name already exists.

Example: I was changing Godheadsilo's map to be capitalized as godheadSilo, and I had to revert to the old site to do it. This is the error I'm getting on the new site.
MCSMeister
MCSMeister | 06-09-2022 17:02
I hate that I keep having to spam this topic, but this is what it's here for, right?

Going back to picture issues, I'm having constant problems uploading pictures on the new layout, and I keep having to reupload header pictures on Imgur (which always works). I'm basically having the issue I posted about in this thread all over again, but only on the new layout. 99% of links that I try to upload give me this error.

As I did in that thread, here's ten more sample links that all trigger the error on the new (but not the old) system:

Link 1
Link 2
Link 3
Link 4
Link 5
Link 6
Link 7
Link 8
Link 9
Link 10

Furthermore, I'll occasionally encounter images that fail to even do anything, and the system doesn't give me any sort of error message. Instead, it will just take me back to the three-button selection. Here is an example of an image that will trigger that behavior.
Ray
Ray | 12-09-2022 13:06
Thanks! That's a nice list of bug, I fixed all of them.

About the pictures gallery, yes, the gallery is still there, but not the option to edit it. I'm looking into the idea to continue with header and profile pictures and phase out the gallery. That's the reason header pictures (and the same for profile pictures) can now be directly upload instead of selection them from the gallery.

With the new song and album covers, larger header pictures all on a clear spot on top of the pages, I think will be a good replacement of the gallery. Of course it's great to have it all, but when also keeping in mind not to overload the site with content I think this is a fair trade. Thoughts on this?
roxcyn
roxcyn | 21-09-2022 21:00
New bug or error. Snap suggested corrections to this album. I tried to submit corrections as some songs were not linked. The queue claimed no changes were made. I had to go back to the old queue to make the change.
robinsvy
robinsvy | 24-09-2022 00:01
Help! The new system review process is not clear to me.

Instructions state:"When opening an item you'll see on top what metadata needs reviewing. Click on that tab and you'll see the submitted improvements. Click on the improvement you think is right. This can be the improved answer or - if you think the current live-version is the correct - the "live"-answer."
&
"Please complete all required actions"

-Found the tabs
-Do not see submitted improvements
-Do not see "live" anything
-Do not understand what "all required actions" are
Ray
Ray | 24-09-2022 17:45
New bug or error. Snap suggested corrections to this album. I tried to submit corrections as some songs were not linked. The queue claimed no changes were made. I had to go back to the old queue to make the change.

I'm unable to reproduce the issue. But I'm keeping an eye on this. Thanks!
robinsvy
robinsvy | 25-09-2022 05:32
Okay, I will be coming back often to try to figure out all these new processes. It must be logical, right? Right!
(Ha, using the forum is my only current path to points. Got some learnin' to do.)
Ray
Ray | 25-09-2022 18:35
Hi!

Help! The new system review process is not clear to me.

No problem, we have a completely new system! That definitely needs some time to get used to it.

Instructions state:"When opening an item you'll see on top what metadata needs reviewing. Click on that tab and you'll see the submitted improvements. Click on the improvement you think is right. This can be the improved answer or - if you think the current live-version is the correct - the "live"-answer." & "Please complete all required actions"

Correct

Found the tabs

check

Do not see submitted improvements

The tabs are style differently when there is content to be reviewed. The tabs are tagged with "! review".

Do not see "live" anything

This is the case when "live" content is improved. Think of for example a song title. Then you'll see the "live" (current) title and the improved title. This "live"-answer is not always there. Genre for example is not a mandatory field and could be empty. So If an improvement on genre is submitted you'll only see the improvement listed.

Do not understand what "all required actions" are

The form can only be submitted if there are no more "required actions". A required action is for example the "! review" action (already mentioned above). Another example is the "! required" tag on tabs. You'll see this when submitting new content. Tabs tagged with this are mandatory (for example the song title on submitting a new song).

I hop this makes evertyhing a bit more clear. And if not, just ask Good luck!
robinsvy
robinsvy | 25-09-2022 21:29
Thank you Ray! I will consider all that I can possibly read about the new system.

Perhaps my commenting on this thread was premature as now I have found the Site Upgrade – Beta Version Launched! thread that seems more appropriate
roxcyn
roxcyn | 26-09-2022 23:12
More errors and/or changes found via beta:
1) I updated the "about" section of a song on beta. It claims the change has been made and saved. I see no about area on the song on old or beta version.
2) We've talked about this before but all that YouTube videos are missing when I visit songs in either old or beta version. That is one big feature that guests love so it should be high priority.
3) The album listed on songs used to have back and forward tabs to progress forward or backward if we're listening and want to sing a long. I see that feature has been eliminated. I liked this feature and I hope you can put it back.
MCSMeister
MCSMeister | 28-09-2022 16:28
Thanks! That's a nice list of bug, I fixed all of them.

About the pictures gallery, yes, the gallery is still there, but not the option to edit it. I'm looking into the idea to continue with header and profile pictures and phase out the gallery. That's the reason header pictures (and the same for profile pictures) can now be directly upload instead of selection them from the gallery.

With the new song and album covers, larger header pictures all on a clear spot on top of the pages, I think will be a good replacement of the gallery. Of course it's great to have it all, but when also keeping in mind not to overload the site with content I think this is a fair trade. Thoughts on this?

Sorry for the late response - just now seeing this!

I had a feeling you might've been toying with the idea of phasing out the picture gallery. The more I think about it, it's probably a good move. The gallery is so far down the page, not to mention only on the artist page, that I imagine the majority of users don't even look at it. Furthermore, given the crowdsourced nature of the website, two common issues I'd notice with the picture galleries would be 1) artists being oversaturated with images, often from a single user or 2) galleries having very outdated images. The second issue is unavoidable, and will persist even in the new site - after all, given the vast size of LSI, it's impossible for humans to keep every single artist page updated with "new" pictures as artists go through aesthetic changes, people come and go from band lineups, etc.

But on the other side of the coin, the main thing I dislike about the new picture system is that the full pictures are no longer accessible. So this means that if we want to, say, reposition an already-existing header image, we have to hunt down the original picture and reupload it. The nice thing is that web browsers now have the option to search the web for an image, so that might take some of the difficulty out of that, but it still feels like an unnecessary step.

Also, this is something I've been curious about for some time now, but once we flip to the new site, what's to become of all of the old header pictures with the grid overlay? Simply put, these look awful on the new site, but I can't imagine there's any way to automatically fix them to have the "new" look (I hope I'm wrong, though)
MCSMeister
MCSMeister | 28-09-2022 16:45
Splitting this off into a smaller post, but after double-checking all of the bugs I listed, it looks like this picture is still having an issue and not showing up when I try to upload it. It still takes me back to the three-button menu in the new site, but works on the old site just fine.
Ray
Ray | 30-09-2022 17:36
1) I updated the "about" section of a song on beta. It claims the change has been made and saved. I see no about area on the song on old or beta version.

I can't reproduce this, it seems to work fine for me. One thing to note is that the "about" has moved to the song/album/artist into section (the part in gray with blue vertical line on the left).

2) We've talked about this before but all that YouTube videos are missing when I visit songs in either old or beta version. That is one big feature that guests love so it should be high priority.

I can't reproduce this one either, works fine for me. Any steps I can follow to see it?

The album listed on songs used to have back and forward tabs to progress forward or backward if we're listening and want to sing a long. I see that feature has been eliminated. I liked this feature and I hope you can put it back.

Looking into this!
Ray
Ray | 30-09-2022 17:54
Thanks Nicolas for your thoughts on the gallery, much appreciated! That was a very accurate description of the situation.

About two issues you mentioned:

full pictures are no longer accessible

Good point. Let me checkout if there are ways to tackle this.

... these look awful on the new site

True, the old header-pictures are smaller in size and are stretched in the new layout. The overlay is part of the picture, so unfortunately it's not a matter of simply disabling it. I can rebuild header-pictures from one of the images from the gallery. But since the w / h ratio is different for the header-picture than the images in the gallery, I part of the picture needs to be chopped. I don't know if that will give a nice result when this is done automatically. Let me look into this options.

Thanks for you input!
Ray
Ray | 30-09-2022 18:44
it looks like this picture is still having an issue

Fixed, well... sort of. It now gives the reason of the problem, a HTTP connection was used. The system could not handle insecure connections (HTTP), but no check was done and the system simply stopped. LetsSingIt has been on a secure connection (HTTPS) for ages. With the new system, also security was inproved, HTTP connections to load external content are not allowed any longer.

One simple thing you can do what you run into this: often the picture can be loaded over HTTPS as well. So change HTTP to HTTPS to see if that works. If that still doesn't work, the picture cannot be used unfortunately.
roxcyn
roxcyn | 07-10-2022 06:32
I could see this as a Pandora box. Not sure how to solve it on the tech side. Here goes. Guest added a song that already exists but when I go to offer the remove / already exists option, I still have to approve or not the other options artist, title, lyrics, etc. It would be nice if we do the remove option if it takes care of all the rest or maybe some other solution.
roxcyn
roxcyn | 11-10-2022 16:29
There's an example of an album being edited right now in the beta queue (where it adds song entries) for each song of the album and we can't tell the system to link the songs. It "adds" the songs but when we go to approve and click "save" it claims we have made no changes.

Here's an example of the YouTube error: (Practice did a whole thread about this, though):

Song Page:
https://paste.pics/J3T7A

Same song via PlayList:
https://paste.pics/J3T87

As you see, on the main page it shows no song. If we go into editing the song we DO see a video & it only shows up when we add the song to our playlist. When we go to the playlist we can see the video and play the YouTube song.
roxcyn
roxcyn | 11-10-2022 17:10
Additionally in the song edit screen you can't search for a song - it keeps saying 0 results found.
roxcyn
roxcyn | 13-10-2022 06:10
Another error (sorry I am NOT trying to find them )

I tried to add a new album in the new queue everything went well until I submitted it. It went to an endless buffer loop. I had to go back to the old system to submit the album.
roxcyn
roxcyn | 17-10-2022 20:11
The members profiles are nearly blank in the new system. You have to go to the old system to post messages for birthday wishes.
Ray
Ray | 18-10-2022 10:25
Guest added a song that already exists but when I go to offer the remove / already exists option, I still have to approve or not the other options artist, title, lyrics, etc. It would be nice if we do the remove option if it takes care of all the rest or maybe some other solution.

Noted! Good one.

There's an example of an album being edited right now in the beta queue (where it adds song entries) for each song of the album and we can't tell the system to link the songs. It "adds" the songs but when we go to approve and click "save" it claims we have made no changes.

Humm, I still don't see the issue myself. If I go to the song I see the video. Do you have a step-by-step instruction to reproduce the issue perhaps?

Additionally in the song edit screen you can't search for a song - it keeps saying 0 results found.

Where exactly in the song edit screen do you search for a song? I think the only form that searches for songs is the duplicate form. That one?

I tried to add a new album in the new queue everything went well until I submitted it. It went to an endless buffer loop. I had to go back to the old system to submit the album.

I can't reproduce it. What album did you try to add?

The members profiles are nearly blank in the new system.

I can't reproduce this one either. What is "nearly blank"?

My apologies of not being able to fix the issues. Perhaps with a little more info I can fix the issues in the next round.
PracticePractic
PracticePractic | 19-10-2022 05:29
Re the above bugs... I noticed a few of them too and just was waiting for the new CMS or your coding to sort them out..

I'll try to find screenshots if I took any of them.. especially the "song results = 0" on searching and the profiles are blank---

I just had to do searches of your new way of organizing items and eventually found all the Profile items. I don't know if its just me---my Chrome Browser---or switching back and forth between the two versions as SOME things are really easier to do for me in the older version, so I switch back to there until the day when you don't allow us to do that...

My quick two comments to the post above......so you know I've seen them too and they are "real" and I'll try to provide more info.

But again since this is a Lyrics site I was not ready to jump in and comment unless it was a serious Lyric problem or actual song page problem (i.e.: not returning results after searching ---which oftimes you mentioned that is a "Google" search problem---so that is why I didn't comment right away----it was worse about 2 weeks ago---but you see? Some of these are being repaired by yourself as you tinker behind the magic curtain!
invitado
invitado
SALIDA GUARDAR ahorro ...
Leer más: