cs

New Artist Moderator System

Následovat 0
Sdílet
Přidat téma
Vyhledávání
Ray
Ray | 02-12-2004 22:24
LSI has a complete new artist-moderators system. The moderating itself didn't change, but the signing-up process completely changed.

The problem with the old method (putting your request in the Artist Moderators thread) is that I easily overlook a requests. You guys all want to help making a better LSI, so you guys keep me very busy siging up and changing mods. That is very good of course. But when I've been assigning mods for 2 hours, at the end a mistake is easily made.

Secondly, the old process is slow. People have to wait and I don't like that you guys have to wait. I mean, you offer your help and... you have to wait, bad situation.

So...what has changed? You are familiar with the "Click here to contact the moderator of this artist." - message on the artist-map. Now there is also a message when an artist is not moderated. Then it gives a link to sign up. You can volunteer if you have been a member for longer then 4 months and don't already moderate more then 25 artists. You'll be auto-assigned as a moderator for this artist instantaneously. So no longer waiting

Also, you can un-mod yourself from artists. Go to 'my artists' and the rest will explain itself.

Next, you can transfer your artists to another members.

Last, when you didn't sign-in for 1 month, you'll auto-unmodded from all your artists. This way artists won't get locked by members who left LSI.

This system is brand new, so if you step on a bug or have suggestions for improvement, let me know!

Good luck!
151 do 175 z 175 reakce
strana 7 z 7
nefariouslady_t
nefariouslady_t | 19-03-2005 07:39
haha, i saw josh's question, but 2 answers in one
lonewolfatheist
lonewolfatheist | 19-03-2005 07:40
Woot, I'm a mod!

Fitting too.
lonewolfatheist
lonewolfatheist | 19-03-2005 07:41
....yet it's not showing up on my profile...
nefariouslady_t
nefariouslady_t | 19-03-2005 07:43
*gives josh an i'm george carlin's mod t-shirt*
andrew4762
andrew4762 | 19-03-2005 07:44
i love my artist !
nefariouslady_t
nefariouslady_t | 19-03-2005 07:44
takes like 24 hours for your first artist to show up on your profile but it shows you are it on his page.
lonewolfatheist
lonewolfatheist | 19-03-2005 07:54
Ok, cool.

SO where's Katie? I wanna make her an offer she can't refuse on Incubus.
JMacIsHot
JMacIsHot | 19-03-2005 21:26
As much as that is a greta idea... Mamasboy took over my artists.. I had Jesse McCartney and Kalan Porter and now Mamasboy has them... please private message me if you know how i can get them back im very mad and upset that there nto mine to moderator anymore!
the_Apocalypse
the_Apocalypse | 19-03-2005 21:30
Look, that's like the third time you post that. The only way he could've taken them over is if you haven't logged in for a month.
So stop blaiming him, it's your own fault. You knew that you had to log in once a month to keep em and you didn't. So stop crying about it.

And if you want them back, have you even considered just asking for them? I'm sure he's willing to give them to you.
DirtyBlueAngel
DirtyBlueAngel | 19-03-2005 21:33
I want to moderate Frank Sinatra, there are so many of his lyrics missing. Havent been here 4 months yet though
ice_white_tiger
ice_white_tiger | 03-08-2005 19:02
Agh!

I'm sorry to put this here folks - but I'm kinda stuck. McFly's new album just came out and I need to add the lyrics into the actual Album listing... but I don't know how...

help?
djskribble989
djskribble989 | 03-08-2005 19:04
im sorry to say i dont understand what you mean karla,
ice_white_tiger
ice_white_tiger | 03-08-2005 19:06
Well...

An artist comes out with a new Album; in this case, McFly. You put the names of the songs onto the listing, but you need to put the actual lyrics themselves to the listsings...
... that's the bit I'm having trouble with...
djskribble989
djskribble989 | 03-08-2005 19:07
ah so you have the songs but you just have to link them? well i saw you have the album up, just click on the name of the album, and on the scroll bar choose edit album links and do a quick scan

this is if you have all the lyrics already
ice_white_tiger
ice_white_tiger | 03-08-2005 19:11
Darwin... i woves you
djskribble989
djskribble989 | 03-08-2005 19:20
anytime love
PinkFloyd
PinkFloyd | 06-09-2005 06:39
This is great, thanks!
qBaHaMuTp
qBaHaMuTp | 26-11-2005 16:42
Syste works perfectly. I especially liek the fact that you have to be a member for at least for months to be allowed to maderate. (: Good job there.

I did have a little remark about the current moderating system tho.
As we all know, everyone can send lyrics to an artist-moderator by clicking "Add lyrics" in the top-right-corner of the artist's page.
!However, if you ARE this artist's moderator, this button remains. I think it could be rather confusing for people not yet experienced with the mod-system.

Example: I'm the moderator for Edgewater. If I go to Edgewater's page, the "add lyrics"-button is still there, which would result in me sending a message to myself!
I suggest removing the add lyrics-button if you are this artist's moderator?

I'm a pretty experienced web-programmer myself and I think that this shouldn't be too hard to realise... What do you think?
ice_white_tiger
ice_white_tiger | 09-03-2006 16:07
I've unmodded the following artists:

McFly
Simple Plan
Theduggler
Theduggler | 31-05-2006 00:55
I am dropping the band:

At The Drive-In

and am requesting that "hum" take over. Thunks!
Mastahh
Mastahh | 13-08-2006 09:32
Hi there,

I was wondering if i could become a moderator of the group called *Zoetstof*

It is not a famous group but it is famous in my town. I've been watching this site for months now, and i registerd just a few days ago. I'd like to become a moderator of *Zoetstof* cause there album is coming out in a week. But it says I have to be registerd more than 4 months. But can't i become just a moderator ? I can't wait, because there album is coming out in a week.

Can LSI help me with this?

Thanx in advance

Wesley
Kreuger
Kreuger | 16-02-2007 02:05
I have to wait 4 months to become moderator and it seems like nobody else has any info on the one band I've contributed to this site. What do I do? I can't add a biography so people can get more info or anything.
PinkFloyd
PinkFloyd | 16-02-2007 02:09
Ask someone to do it for you, anyone would, it doesn't take long to add a bio.
Kreuger
Kreuger | 23-02-2007 03:40
Yeah I guess I could do that
Pandora
Pandora | 23-02-2007 14:39
you can talk to Ray about it, and sometimes he will mod you up yourself... if you are the only one showing interest in the band, he's done it before.

rockon
tabitha
host
host
VYSKOČIT ULOŽIT ukládání ...
Přečtěte si více: