cs

About the new forum-frontpage

Následovat 0
Sdílet
Přidat téma
Vyhledávání
Ray
Ray | 13-08-2004 10:27
You've probably seen it by now, I redesigned the forum frontpage. The old one was not yet in the new forum style.

I would like to know your thoughts about it. It is better, worst, the same? What's missing? What could be different? Etc. Let me hear it all.

Please keep in mind that you always have to get used to new things, so don't say that you just were used to the old layout So maybe just wait a week before you posts your ideas.
21 reakce
Jez
Jez | 13-08-2004 10:31
Ray. I think I prefer the older layout better. The reason being that all the categories were clearly segregated with thick lined borders. This newer one appears a little less 'defined' if that's the word for it.

I will get used to it over time and it won't and doesn't bother me.

Just a quick note : in each of the categories you have number of topics and number of posts in each of them. The posts are not showing any number at the moment.
tom_harris4
tom_harris4 | 13-08-2004 10:34
Yeah, look pretty kewl Ray

Like Jez, i noticed the posts wern't showing thou. Thats the only problem I can see.
Ray
Ray | 13-08-2004 10:48
I'll still working on the number of posts
djskribble989
djskribble989 | 13-08-2004 12:42
its great ray, but the paragraphs look a little too clutterred inthere togeter
lil_minty
lil_minty | 13-08-2004 12:48
yay its great!
but what would make it better is a big picture of me and a caption underneath stating:
[Thankyou lil minty for being so great and making the forum what it is today. You are great]

yes, that would be very good....
ice_white_tiger
ice_white_tiger | 13-08-2004 13:16
I'm not that keen on it either, for the same reasons Jez isn't. The catergories were spaced better in the old menu-screen.

But like Jez said, I guess I'll live with it... if I have to...
Shira88
Shira88 | 13-08-2004 13:32
The old one was a lot more orgenized and clear. This one is just so blurred and I think it's confusing to new comers.

But hell, I'll live with it. If I really have to.
djskribble989
djskribble989 | 13-08-2004 13:36
yea, like shira/karla/jez already said...i guess ill just live with it,
little_girl
little_girl | 13-08-2004 13:41
More changes... Ray stays soo busy

Compared to the old Front Page, the new one looks a bit chaotic. It has the illusion of being less organized than the old page even though I know it's broken up in the nearly the same manner. The information just looks all run-together.

I know I will probably get used to it if after a while but I am also thinking about those who might be stumbling apon LSI for the first time.

Ray, you have done such an icredible job redesigning LSI.

Maybe the new page can be modified again to display the categories more clearly.
djskribble989
djskribble989 | 13-08-2004 13:42
yea what she said!
lil_minty
lil_minty | 13-08-2004 13:48
im not really bothered, i only spend a couple of seconds on the front page- when i load the site.
So it doesnt bother me.
But i still think we should have the whole -lil minty rules- thing.
Stanley
Stanley | 15-08-2004 18:26
Ray, i think some people dont like the categories page because it is so huge.. such a long list.. i think a nice way to make it smaller would be to shorten up the description of the category to one line instead of three or four.. and put it in smaller font on the same line as the title of the category.. i dont knoiw if you're going to understand what i am trying to describe, but i hope you'll get it..
danastasia
danastasia | 15-08-2004 18:28
I like the new Threads layout, but not the category one.

IMHO I like the categories defined, so you know where you're going - and maybe just narrow down the descriptions a little - or make it so that you roll your mouse over and a description pops up?

Very swish if you ask me

But yeah, I much much prefer the older category layout.
jsimms52
jsimms52 | 15-08-2004 18:41
from what ive seen so far from the front page and the forum categories...i think is awesome
i thought the old front page was kinda lame and didnt have much "enthusiasm" (i cant think of a word there) put into it...but now since there are small pictures added...it makes it more user-friendly i guess you can say i dont know im stuck for words at the moment but anyways...i love the new setup and i think it looks much better and i think everyone will like it as well if they give it a little time before they all start criticizing on how bad it looks
Great Job Ray
danastasia
danastasia | 15-08-2004 18:46
Oh wow, I love the small pictures, they really add to the Front Page!

Top job!
abbsheythatsme
abbsheythatsme | 15-08-2004 18:49
I agree with Danny, I like the pictures.
DeathByMonkeys
DeathByMonkeys | 15-08-2004 18:49
the pictures are awesome....
Ray
Ray | 15-08-2004 19:04
Guys, we're talking about the FORUM-front page, not the LSI frontpage
aflackoh6
aflackoh6 | 15-08-2004 19:05
I agree with Jez
DeathByMonkeys
DeathByMonkeys | 15-08-2004 19:05
Bad boy Ray, shooting down a compliment. My mama says that you should always accept them gracefully and then change the subject. Good ol' Southern wisdom.
abbsheythatsme
abbsheythatsme | 15-08-2004 19:06
hehe.. ok then I agree with what Jez said. But, I never really look at it anyway.
host
host
VYSKOČIT ULOŽIT ukládání ...
Přečtěte si více: