cs

LetsSingIt goes multi-language!

Následovat 3
Sdílet
Přidat téma
Vyhledávání
Ray
Ray | 22-06-2020 13:19
This one has been on my bucket list for so long, LetsSingIt in your own language! But I can get it off my list now, because this functionality is here! This is so great!

A ton of updates are rolling out to get this functionality live. I hope to have it fully operational by July 1st. By then the "help translate" functionality will also be available to help implementing new languages or correct errors.

1 do 25 z 32 reakce
strana 1 z 2
PracticePractic
PracticePractic | 22-06-2020 17:04
Congratulations Ray!
Toutes nos félicitations Ray!
Herzliche Glückwünsche Ray!
Gefeliciteerd Ray!
Συγχαρητήρια ακτίνα!
Grattis Ray !
¡Felicidades Ray!
Tebrikler Ray!
Congratulazioni Ray!
Til hamingju Ray!

Hooray!
Hourra!
Hurra!
Hoera!
Ζήτω!
Hurra!
¡Hurra!
Yaşasın!
Evviva!
Húrra!
roxcyn
roxcyn | 23-06-2020 02:29
Awesome. Which languages will you be offering?
Captain_Keeta
Captain_Keeta | 23-06-2020 05:08
It says in the tab which languages it offers..
roxcyn
roxcyn | 23-06-2020 06:08
I didn't see that on mobile, but now see it on PC. I probably missed it.
Captain_Keeta
Captain_Keeta | 23-06-2020 06:14
roxcyn
roxcyn | 23-06-2020 06:16
Again, I probably missed it, Jeff. No worries.
Captain_Keeta
Captain_Keeta | 23-06-2020 06:16
Yes, I was just showing you where it was on mobile.
ATESGUNES
ATESGUNES | 24-06-2020 12:44
Thanks for multi languages but I think you have forgotten Turkish language, I guess you have lots of visitor from Turkey.
Ray
Ray | 30-06-2020 15:26
The last updates are live. The new languge system is now fully in place.

To help correcting and verifying languages, you can use the new "Help Translate" tool. You can find it at the language menu (click on the language icon in the upper right of the main menu). I think the tool spretty much explains itself. If not, let me know!

Let's start adding more languages and correct / verify langauges that are already available:

LetsSingIt Deutsch
LetsSingIt Danske
LetsSingIt Français
LetsSingIt Nederlands
LetsSingIt Português
LetsSingIt Svenska
LetsSingIt Türk

@ATESGUNES: I added Turkish! I'm not sure about the spelling, but since you're the Turkish expert, please correct the spelling where needed.
MCSMeister
MCSMeister | 30-06-2020 17:57
Fantastic work, Ray. It's so important to make websites accessible to people all across the globe. Surprised this didn't come sooner, honestly!

Unfortunately as English is my only fluent language, you won't be getting any spelling corrections from me in this area, so I do hope people use that Help Translate tool to the fullest.
ATESGUNES
ATESGUNES | 30-06-2020 22:58
Thanks very much Mr. Ray for trusting me, I hope I can help as much as possible.
But I should tell some things about Turkish language spelling and pronuncating.

İn Turkish language has 29 letters (Three letters more than English). We don't use Q, W, X.
Our special letters and their sounds are as follows that I wrote in bold:
Ç ç : Gives sound like Tchekoslovakia
Ğ ğ : (Soft ge) Gives only lengthening sound, none of Turkish word starts with Ğ.
ı : Gives sound like Angel.
İ : Gives sound like Indonesia or intelligent.
Ö ö : Gives sound like Eustakia or hurt.
Ş ş : Gives sound like She or Chicago.
Ü ü : Gives sound like pure or cubic.
You probably don't have these letters in English claviers.

Here are the other letters which English and Turkish languages use together:
A a : Gives sound like sand or Arkansas or Aline.
B b : Gives sound like Bold or Banana.
C c : Gives sound like George or Jacket.
D d : Gives sound like Different.
E e : Gives sound like Eligible.
F f : Gives sound like Far.
G g : Gives sound like Green or Give.
H h : Gives sound like Harriet or Home.
J j : Gives sound like Je t'aime (in French).
K k : Gives sound like Key or Katherine or Cat or Kylie.
L l : Gives sound like Like or Lemonade.
M m : Gives sound like Marilyn or Mister.
N n : Gives sound like Neighbour or Nicole or Nile.
O o : Gives sound like Old or August.
P p : Gives sound like Purple or Port.
R r : Gives sound like River or Ring.
S s : Gives sound like Sand or Sally.
T t : Gives sound like Thomas or Train.
U u : Gives sound like Ursula.
V v : Gives sound like Veronica or Warszawa.
Y y : Gives sound like Young.
Z z : Gives sound like Zebra.
Ray
Ray | 01-07-2020 14:01
A few bug-fixes on the translate-help tool:

1) Some texts didn't wrap correctly into multiple lines, making them partially unreadable. All texts now wrap nicely over multiple lines if they don't fit on a singel line.
2) The pagination didn't work. Clicking on a page number other than "1" lead you back to "1". That has been fixed.
3) The texts where not sorted correctly, randomly. Now they are nicely sorted a to z.

@ATESGUNES: Thanks for your translations so far on the Turkish part. That is of great help! Also thanks for the explanation of letters and sounds, Turkish sounds like a nice language to speak! And thanks for correcting "cookie" in the correct "çerez". We're indeed not looking for the eatable cookie "kurabiye" here. That was fun

@MCSMeister: No problem about English being your only fluent language. English is the source / example text in the translate tool. With your fantastic help over the years on the English text here on LetsSingIt, all translaters have the perfect example text to work with.
roxcyn
roxcyn | 02-07-2020 11:43
Will we be adding Spanish?
ATESGUNES
ATESGUNES | 02-07-2020 12:24
Oh my God! I agree with Mr. Roxcyn, so Spanish is world's second spoken language, for example in Spain, Argentina, Uruguay, Paraguay, Chili, Colombia, Meksika, Bolivya, Belize, Panama, Cuba, Honduras, Nicaragua, Venezuela, somethings like those, and also "Estados Unidos Americanos" too.

I guess we have forgotten to add it, but I don't know Spanish language, I'm sorry for not helping this time.

And let me turn to pasts, there was a sentence "Hable İnglese Por Favor" in Chatrooms once upon a time, I think the years between 2000 - 2005, after that I lost my access. Now I don't know if chatrooms are still working?
MCSMeister
MCSMeister | 02-07-2020 16:55
@ATESGUNES: Yes, the LSI chatroom was phased out long ago - see this thread.

But yes, it's imperative that we add Spanish to the to-do list. Very surprised that was overlooked, actually.
Juliet86
Juliet86 | 02-07-2020 19:18
I did a bit of helping for Swedish, but I ran into a problem. Some words and phrases need more context to make sure the right translation is used. For example, the word "comment" is both a verb and a noun, and when it just says "comment", I don't know whether it's supposed to be the verb or noun translation.
ATESGUNES
ATESGUNES | 02-07-2020 20:15
Dear Ms. Juliet86:
I have encountered something similar things when translating in Turkish, because English and Turkish are very different languages, I think Swedish is too.
I have an advice, try to translate both with differences at the bottom box.

Also let me give an example, the word in English is "Swedish" has two meanings : "İsveçli" and "İsveççe" in Turkish, first is "Swedish Nationality", second is "Swedish Language".
Also words "English, Spanish, Dutch, French, German, Turkish, Portugese, Danish" have these two meanings that explained.
(İngiliz - İngilizce, İspanyol - İspanyolca, Hollandalı - Hollandaca, Fransız - Fransızca, Alman - Almanca, Türk - Türkçe, Portekizli - Portekizce, Danimarkalı - Danimarkaca.)
Juliet86
Juliet86 | 02-07-2020 21:08
Thank you, ATESGUNES.

It is like that in Swedish as well. Nationality and language does not have the same word like it does in English. English language is "engelska" and nationality is "engelsk". Turkish language is "turkiska" and nationality is "turkisk".
Captain_Keeta
Captain_Keeta | 02-07-2020 21:09
I was wondering, are you doing Australian English as well?

ATESGUNES is literally the nicest member ever. What a wholesome conversation this has been. Appreciate that neat lesson you gave us.
ATESGUNES
ATESGUNES | 03-07-2020 00:58
You are wellcome Mr. Captain, this is your favor. This is just thing that normal person can do.
And another thanks to Ms. Juliet for teaching something about Svenska.
When I was studying in English, I remember in my book, there was a lesson, a Swedish newspaper called "Svenska Dagablet" (I can't write accessed letters sorry) and I asked my teacher what it was, and she told me that it was about a train journey.

Anyway, thank you very much for being here.
ATESGUNES
ATESGUNES | 03-07-2020 22:56
Yesterday I have forgotten to tell something about translating the buttons that you see.
When you read an English word or sentence, please think where you have seen or read it. After then think about what it does. I mean when you click that button, think what window or page open.
Or long terms, the important thing is what you understand when read that article.
And the other important thing is using words meanings in this beautifull Web-Site. And also don't trust Google Translate fanatically, because he doesn't have practical intelligence, he is only artificial intelligence.

After this advice I would like to share how much translated languages until now?
Dutch : %94
Turkish : %76
Swedish : %17
German : %5
French and Portugese : %1
Danish : %0
Spanish : Hasn't Started.
Ray
Ray | 05-07-2020 09:50
Context

Good point here Lisa. The context is indeed not clear for some texts. I started to add more information about it's usage for texts where the context is not clear.

Spanish

Spanish has been added. Bienvenido español!

About adding languages

My goal is to start with 20 languages to the site. After that we can see if more languages are needed. @Captain_Keeta: regional based languages like EN-AU can be added if useful yes.

Adding a language is quite some work. So unfortunately I can't add them all at once and have to be selective which one to add next. I look at the LSI users, where are they from and what languages they speak. I work my way down based on that list. Next languages on the list are Italian, Norwegian and Finnish.

For each new language I use an automatic online translation tool as kickstart. @ATESGUNES: indeed, using such tools can produce bad translations. But I think it's still better than starting with no translations at all and using english. I hope more users will help correction spelling errors and verify translations.

Last, I've not yet made all texts on the site "translatable" (they are still hardcoded in English). So more texts will appear in the translate tool.

Thanks for the help guys
brokenziinhu
brokenziinhu | 07-07-2020 21:51
Parabéns aos envolvidos

brokenziinhu
brokenziinhu | 07-07-2020 21:55
example of google search in portuguese: https://uploaddeimagens.com.br/imagens/bNxTrtM
roxcyn
roxcyn | 11-07-2020 05:00
Some of the items need context. Also, you have some translated in the formal tense while others are in the less formal.
host
host
VYSKOČIT ULOŽIT ukládání ...
Přečtěte si více: