Moderator Review items appears in Public Review System

Následovat 3
Sdílet
Přidat téma
Vyhledávání
svaraej
svaraej | 28-08-2018 12:19
Hi!

In the [HELP=449598]help section 3.4.2. Moderator Review[/HELP] it states that "any new or corrected content that people submit is sent for you to review, rather than the public review system."

But after I've reviewed the submissions in my Moderator Review Queue they still have to go through the public review system before the changes are applied. I don't know if this happens if I reject a submission since I haven't gotten any submissions that I've rejected (yet).

This seems quite odd and doesn't work as described in the help section. Or at least it doesn't work in the way that I interpret the help section.

Is someone else experiencing this? Is this how it should work?

Best regards,
svaraej
10 reakce
Olivia_Ka
Olivia_Ka | 29-08-2018 03:06
I guess Ray changed the system last year or something. There are "all artists" (public review) and "my artists" (moderator review) in the review corner on top.
svaraej
svaraej | 29-08-2018 09:08
I see. I've only been moderating artists since fall last year and haven't experienced the old system.

In the new system, edits/submissions to a moderated artist by someone other than the moderator need to be accepted by other users in the "public review" and not only by the artist's moderator. Am I understanding it correctly?

If so, the help section might need an update to reflect/clarify that.
roxcyn
roxcyn | 30-08-2018 08:42
It goes in your queue, but everyone votes on it as many moderators were taking too long to review items. If you approve or reject the change, the item is removed from the queue. So the help file does need to be updated. Ray, let me know if you need help with that.
MCSMeister
MCSMeister | 30-08-2018 15:33
Actually, Scott is incorrect. If you vote on an item from an artist you moderate, it doesn't immediately get removed from the queue. It is also transferred to the main public review queue where others will vote on it. As of now, items do not leave the public review queue until Ray votes on them himself.

Previously, artist moderators were the only ones who voted on content for artists they moderate. That was changed in 2016 (not last year, as Celine thought). Here's a quote from Ray explaining why:

This problem is absolutely not because of moderators being slow. The internet simply requires faster action than one human can do these days. Moderating artists by a single moderator, like we have now, is not the best long-term solution. Long term is see a solution in one pool of moderators that are not bound to individual artists, but work in a similar way super-mods do.

Hopefully that clears things up. I've also updated the help section for you. If it doesn't describe the change in the way Ray wants, he can edit it further. Side note, but there's probably many outdated help pages as it's been years since I did the mass update in 2015...will have to see about updating other ones when I get the time
roxcyn
roxcyn | 30-08-2018 23:54
Hi! I thought it gets removed except for moves/removal requests. Are you sure?
MCSMeister
MCSMeister | 30-08-2018 23:57
Yes, I tested it out earlier by editing a song by an artist I moderate while signed out. After accepting the change, I checked the public review queue and it got sent there for further review.
roxcyn
roxcyn | 30-08-2018 23:59
Interesting.
Ray
Ray | 03-09-2018 10:56
Except for removal requests, moderators decide what happens with the review item with their vote. But only if they are in time, because others can also vote in the meantime. And if there are enough votes the item gets processed.

For removal requests, I always have the final vote, (god-mode ), but I normally follow the public's opinion.
MCSMeister
MCSMeister | 03-09-2018 17:35
Really? Because as I said, I reviewed something in my own moderator queue, then, upon checking the queue as a guest, the item was still there with other votes on it. I assume it didn't have "enough votes", then?

Speaking of which, Ray, it's been nearly a year since you implemented removal requests in the public queue. Do you think super mods will get back the ability to instantly delete songs in the near future? I know you said you needed some time to gauge out what kind of requests were being submitted and that there was no real timeframe, but it's been a while since I've asked.
Ray
Ray | 04-09-2018 10:44
Yep, it didn't have enough votes.

About the instantly delete songs, we've had step 1 in the contribute system makeover. There is one more step to go to complete it. I'll add this last pack of updates when I have time, that's when there are no more urgent projects any more.
host
host
VYSKOČIT ULOŽIT ukládání ...
Přečtěte si více: