cs
Následovat 2
Sdílet
Přidat téma
Vyhledávání
roxcyn
roxcyn | 21-03-2017 05:19
Hi Ray and company!

I've noticed some of the songs I've dealt with have explicit lyrics (the song is labeled "Explicit" in the album). I noticed there is not an option so I would like to offer a change.

Made up example:

"ABC" lyrics
Bob Smith

In the title, if there is an option in LSI, we can mark certain songs explicit when they are flagged by their record label:

So the new change would be:

"ABC" Explicit lyrics
Bob Smith

OR

"ABC" lyrics Explicit
Bob Smith

Explicit could be text or an image file.

What does the LSI crew think?
6 reakce
PracticePractic
PracticePractic | 21-03-2017 05:42
Good idea for American users. I'm not as familiar as I should be with how this is handled in other countries. Does anyone want to fill us in on how Explicit/Adult language are handled for songs sold (on web/online or in stores) in other countries?
MCSMeister
MCSMeister | 21-03-2017 13:40
It would be cool if Ray could fetch whether or not songs are explicit from their iTunes/Amazon/etc. data (which often have the "explicit" tag) but I'm not sure if that's possible. Otherwise, this would be a manual thing and I'm not sure how much use that would have.
Ray
Ray | 25-03-2017 12:28
Interesting thread. Adding such an explicit tag would step on the problem that making the system too complex will lead to people not using it. It's always a matter of finding the best of both worlds; where a system is as advanced as possible to serve it purpose, but on the other hand it should not be too advanced that it becomes too complex and will only raise question marks for it's users.

So why is an explicit tag complex? There is not a general rule to apply, since it mostly relies on interpretation. So it would not be clear when exactly to apply the explicit tag. There should be a clear rule, I don't want to reply on a 3rd party like Amazon or iTunes.

Also, what would be the goal with adding such a tag? I don't like to see it included in the song name or url, that's for "extremely important" data only. So it would get the same importance as for example a genre, as misc detail on the song page. Then it would be worth adding such a complex functionality for such a low profile detail

I'll put it on the list to think about the options. But for now there are a lot of items on that list that have a higher importance.

MCSMeister
MCSMeister | 25-03-2017 15:24
I know Ray has leniency on profanity, for one, as the profanity rule on LSI is bent on certain threads. Agreed, I don't really see this having much use, either. If the purpose is to warn younger people that are using this site about profanity in lyrics, that seems a bit futile since they'll more than likely run into it anyway (especially if lurking in Randomness, the most popular forum topic here). Not only that, but most younger people use profanity in their daily lexicon and it's not something that really needs addressing. I understand it being used on iTunes and Amazon (mostly to denote clean vs. explicit versions), but a lyric site is different.

But yes, it very much is open to interpretation because severity of curse words actually varies in different countries, so we can't really have a "one size fits all" method for something like this.
Ray
Ray | 25-03-2017 20:17
That is a very nice summary of the situation
roxcyn
roxcyn | 26-03-2017 19:17
OK, thanks for your input. We already have it done in the system - the code would have to be changed. I was thinking it could be useful for adults and teachers. They could review the songs for any questionable material.
host
host
VYSKOČIT ULOŽIT ukládání ...
Přečtěte si více: