cs

New design for LetsSingIt!

Následovat 23
Sdílet
Přidat téma
Vyhledávání
Ray
Ray | 14-05-2015 14:10
I bet you had to look twice or maybe you're still figuring out what is going on, LetsSingIt has a new design! The "old" layout was 8 years old and in internet land, this is more than a lifetime. It was built back in 2007-2008 when Facebook was still unknown, Twitter did not exist yet, Nokia ruled the cell phone market and cell phones could only be used to call, .... ok, and to play Snake.

Mobile

How different is that today, "phones" is not the right word anymore, it's "mobile devices" since they come in all sizes and options and can do a zillion things more than playing Snake. But they have all one thing in common, you can use them to access the internet. The number of mobile users in the world is still growing extremely fast. So it's more important than ever before to have a mobile friendly website, which means that the website is also perfectly viewable on the smaller screens of the mobile devices. Today, 60% of LetsSingIt's visitors use a mobile device to access our site, and that's even with the old layout that didn't scale well on mobile devices. So time for a mobile friendly website!

What is new

Curious to what's new? It's too much too mention it all, so here are the highlights.

Responsive
This new LetsSingIt layout is now mobile friendly, the site optimizes it's presentation based on the device used to access LetsSingIt. This so called "responsive" design, makes LetsSingIt easy to access no matter how large or small you device is. You're one of these 40% desktop viewers? ... then grab your phone ...eh, "mobile device" for a demonstration!

Faster loading
The latest techniques on board to serve pages light and ultra-fast.

More info with less clicking
With the use of the large menu and "load more" buttons, more information is loaded in a split second without having to leave the page.

New comment system
Adding pictures, topics and comments is now done and a new form. Use the popped-out (or "detached") version for extra options, or use the small "submit-on-enter" form for quick comments. Want to use Facebook to comment? Also possible now, Facebook has been integrated with LetsSingIt.

Profile picture
Artist profile pictures are now supersized and can be edited by moderators now. Members can now also add their profile picture.

Song/album info
I got this question many times, where to put extra song or album information, because there is no field for that. Well, now there is. This option is currently only available for moderators (at the song-edit form).

Minor things that make you LSI life easier
- preview option at sending messages
- quick filter on long songs and albums pages of artists
- likes count added to hall-of-fame
- active topics can also be viewed by last comments
- everybody can edit their comments up to 15 minutes after saving

Bug Report

Found something that is not working in the way it should? Please let me know in the Support section of the forum.

Comments, tips or suggestions about the new layout, let me know!

Enjoy!
Ray

* offtopic :
Thanks to my wife Aisha for not only helping building this new layout, but also for the support on this biggest project in LetsSingIt history. This project has been quite a rollercoaster, but the result is there!
101 do 125 z 130 reakce
strana 5 z 6
roxcyn
roxcyn | 18-05-2015 03:05
Any way to email lyrics??

I don't think they do it anymore.
CaptainStabbin
CaptainStabbin | 18-05-2015 03:12
Other sites have been using it a long time Sierra. Quick reply with "Return to Post" option speeds up communication, leading to smoother flow of thoughts. I had to get used to the LSI method of doing things, its something that is 8 years old, as I learned today from Ray's post on the new design.

Some sites use it yes, but most forums don't. Forum posts are generally meant to be thought out since they are usually replies to questions/comments that others ask. The old quick facebook enter key reply thing doesn't really work on forums for that reason. Especially on mobile devices where most sites have an app that allows you to hit return without posting to avoid the issue of extra posts/threads being created where they don't need to be.

I'm not complaining about the new layout, though I can only be on here on a browser with the zoom at 65%. It's just too big otherwise.
PinkFloyd
PinkFloyd | 18-05-2015 06:19
I also decreased my zoom to 85%.
PinkFloyd
PinkFloyd | 18-05-2015 07:35
What about the video problem? Where will you let us know when that's fixed?

Perhaps only useful for featured songs or "most popular" songs. But I found a way around this for now. In the "about" section when editing a song you can add the youtube tag and copy paste a good video code in. Example here. I would keep track of any that you do though, so when the video system is fixed we can remove them.
Joeyy
Joeyy | 19-05-2015 01:41
That's an awesome find, thanks.

I've a question about profile pics for artists: How are they chosen? I notice that Lana Del Rey, a popular artist, has one, but (for example) Matthew Perryman Jones does not. Are they chosen automatically if the artist has a size-appropriate image in their pictures or do we have to add them ourselves? Because I'm the moderator for Lana Del Rey and I didn't do that.
MCSMeister
MCSMeister | 19-05-2015 01:42
You have to add the picture yourself, and then go to the "set profile picture" button under Contribute and size it. However, only pictures with a width of 300px or more can be used as a profile picture.
Joeyy
Joeyy | 19-05-2015 02:32
Ah, so someone else did it. I'm assuming it was another super mod or one of Ray's girls and not that anybody has the ability to do so.
MCSMeister
MCSMeister | 19-05-2015 02:34
Yeah, they've been adding profile pictures for artists on the charts so their image can show up on the main page like before. At least from what I've noticed.
Joeyy
Joeyy | 19-05-2015 02:34
That's OK then. ;p
Ray
Ray | 19-05-2015 02:36
correct
PinkFloyd
PinkFloyd | 19-05-2015 19:01
That's an awesome find, thanks.

This idea is no longer any good. I think since Ray shrunk the site a bit videos are doing this. I'm sad. Is the video problem an LSI or YouTube problem anyone know?
Ray
Ray | 19-05-2015 19:19
Working on the video problem (not finding videos). What you mentioned is a display problem, which is a new one.

Please add all problems in the Support section or else I won't see all the problems you guys mention.
PinkFloyd
PinkFloyd | 19-05-2015 19:33
I don't think it's a problem, videos don't belong in the about section anyway, I was just telling Joey to maybe not do the video thing I earlier suggested.
Ray
Ray | 19-05-2015 19:54
The video is not in the about section, is is positioned in the incorrect place. Please create topic for this in support, so that we don't go offtopic in here
Ray
Ray | 19-05-2015 20:40
You were right, the video was in the about section, that's indeed not what this "about" is for.
PinkFloyd
PinkFloyd | 19-05-2015 20:51
Yes, I mentioned in an above post that I put it there. As well as a few other popular ones. I have kept track of them all so I can easily remove them once the video feature is fixed.
Ray
Ray | 19-05-2015 20:54
Ah ok, I already removed the YouTube links. The about is a prominent spot for extra "text" info.
Geneck
Geneck | 21-05-2015 23:08
Haven't been on in awhile but, so far after coming back I like what I've seen so far.
Ray
Ray | 21-05-2015 23:36
Welcome back
Taarna
Taarna | 28-05-2015 14:57
I really don't like this new design! I'm not a mobile phone user, so maybe that's why. The old version was easier to navigate. I knew where everything was. Can someone tell me where the moderator tools went? Thanks
Olivia_Ka
Olivia_Ka | 28-05-2015 15:03
Can someone tell me where the moderator tools went? Thanks

Click "contribute" on top of an artist page and you'll find all of this.
- edit profile picture
- edit biography
- edit album
- edit song
- remove song
- remove album
- add picture
- add song
- add album.
Taarna
Taarna | 28-05-2015 16:02
Thank you Olivia_Ka for answering so quickly! I've been in the site a couple of times and couldn't find them. Never thought to look there.
MastersaArmsFan
MastersaArmsFan | 05-06-2015 19:31
I don't like it.
musdan77
musdan77 | 18-06-2015 15:19
What happened to "Show all tracks" on Albums page? That was very helpful. Now you have to click on each album.
musdan77
musdan77 | 18-06-2015 16:16
Also, how can we add names of songwriters to a song?
host
host
VYSKOČIT ULOŽIT ukládání ...
Přečtěte si více: