cs

New design for LetsSingIt!

Následovat 23
Sdílet
Přidat téma
Vyhledávání
Ray
Ray | 14-05-2015 14:10
I bet you had to look twice or maybe you're still figuring out what is going on, LetsSingIt has a new design! The "old" layout was 8 years old and in internet land, this is more than a lifetime. It was built back in 2007-2008 when Facebook was still unknown, Twitter did not exist yet, Nokia ruled the cell phone market and cell phones could only be used to call, .... ok, and to play Snake.

Mobile

How different is that today, "phones" is not the right word anymore, it's "mobile devices" since they come in all sizes and options and can do a zillion things more than playing Snake. But they have all one thing in common, you can use them to access the internet. The number of mobile users in the world is still growing extremely fast. So it's more important than ever before to have a mobile friendly website, which means that the website is also perfectly viewable on the smaller screens of the mobile devices. Today, 60% of LetsSingIt's visitors use a mobile device to access our site, and that's even with the old layout that didn't scale well on mobile devices. So time for a mobile friendly website!

What is new

Curious to what's new? It's too much too mention it all, so here are the highlights.

Responsive
This new LetsSingIt layout is now mobile friendly, the site optimizes it's presentation based on the device used to access LetsSingIt. This so called "responsive" design, makes LetsSingIt easy to access no matter how large or small you device is. You're one of these 40% desktop viewers? ... then grab your phone ...eh, "mobile device" for a demonstration!

Faster loading
The latest techniques on board to serve pages light and ultra-fast.

More info with less clicking
With the use of the large menu and "load more" buttons, more information is loaded in a split second without having to leave the page.

New comment system
Adding pictures, topics and comments is now done and a new form. Use the popped-out (or "detached") version for extra options, or use the small "submit-on-enter" form for quick comments. Want to use Facebook to comment? Also possible now, Facebook has been integrated with LetsSingIt.

Profile picture
Artist profile pictures are now supersized and can be edited by moderators now. Members can now also add their profile picture.

Song/album info
I got this question many times, where to put extra song or album information, because there is no field for that. Well, now there is. This option is currently only available for moderators (at the song-edit form).

Minor things that make you LSI life easier
- preview option at sending messages
- quick filter on long songs and albums pages of artists
- likes count added to hall-of-fame
- active topics can also be viewed by last comments
- everybody can edit their comments up to 15 minutes after saving

Bug Report

Found something that is not working in the way it should? Please let me know in the Support section of the forum.

Comments, tips or suggestions about the new layout, let me know!

Enjoy!
Ray

* offtopic :
Thanks to my wife Aisha for not only helping building this new layout, but also for the support on this biggest project in LetsSingIt history. This project has been quite a rollercoaster, but the result is there!
51 do 75 z 130 reakce
strana 3 z 6
Ray
Ray | 14-05-2015 22:14
what do you mean by quick filter on long songs and albums pages of artists

Check this page and see the quick filter (input form) on top of the list. Just type something in it to filter the list.

Oops, no access (on upload picture form for artist)

Looking into that, sounds like a bug.

selecting artists in the charts system

Also a bug, on the list to fix.

I think everyone sees this same contribute button, we just have more options under it.

Exactly. It loads the tools in it based on privileges.

Change can seem bad at the start, but it grows on you

Quote of the day
JDolla
JDolla | 14-05-2015 22:17
You know what else grows on you? herpes pustules.

not comparing the two, just sayin...
MCSMeister
MCSMeister | 14-05-2015 22:35
Check this page and see the quick filter (input form) on top of the list. Just type something in it to filter the list.

I always just used Ctrl+F to look for songs in long lists of songs, but this will work nicely for those that aren't familiar with that shortcut. Makes sense now.
Joeyy
Joeyy | 14-05-2015 22:38
Not sure if you fixed the bug quickly, but I can upload artist pictures.
Joeyy
Joeyy | 14-05-2015 22:38
And thanks Sierra (and Ray).
MCSMeister
MCSMeister | 14-05-2015 22:45
Not sure if you fixed the bug quickly, but I can upload artist pictures.

It's not fixed for me. Maybe only super moderators can successfully add pictures at the moment.
Cheater138
Cheater138 | 14-05-2015 22:48
Just personal taste and nothing actually wrong with the layout, but it bugs me that everything's aligned to the left (screenshot). I would like it better if things were centered and there wasn't a giant white void to the right of the thread.
MCSMeister
MCSMeister | 14-05-2015 22:50
Definitely agree with that, yeah. The last layout had everything centered out and I think this one should too.
Ray
Ray | 14-05-2015 22:50
Correct, it's on the list. That's the spot for ads, which you don't have. I can enable them for you for the time being
Joeyy
Joeyy | 14-05-2015 22:51
It's centred for me on the PC. On my phone it's similar to that, but with the grey space.
MCSMeister
MCSMeister | 14-05-2015 22:51
Ray, you didn't mention the issue with linking songs on compilations/movies/games, is that on the list to fix as well?
JDolla
JDolla | 14-05-2015 22:52
hells yeah Ray, hook us up with some ads
Joeyy
Joeyy | 14-05-2015 22:54
I notice there is no way to tell which songs have lyrics and which don't by simply looking at the tracklist. This will be an issue for me, someone who adds a lot of material.

Did I miss your reply to this, Ray? The icons to let us know which songs have lyrics and a video has gone. They were very useful.
Cheater138
Cheater138 | 14-05-2015 22:54
I'll take the void over the ads.
Ray
Ray | 14-05-2015 23:15
Yes I removed the icons, I couldn't make these work in mobile presentation. I'm working on a new moderator tool, in improved version of the "content check". This new tool wil have the info in it.
pikagirl
pikagirl | 14-05-2015 23:17
loving then new LSI layout better the old one .
Joeyy
Joeyy | 14-05-2015 23:26
Hmm, OK...

What about the video problem? Where will you let us know when that's fixed? :p
Ray
Ray | 14-05-2015 23:29
I'm trying to fix the picture issue, but it seems I'm more woking on getting my comment-count getting doubled in a day
Joeyy
Joeyy | 14-05-2015 23:36
Hahaha. I know, lots of issues; we're very demanding. Very grateful for it!
MCSMeister
MCSMeister | 14-05-2015 23:37
Yeah, not to mention a new site layout is bound to have many bugs, so don't worry about it. We appreciate the help.
PinkFloyd
PinkFloyd | 14-05-2015 23:45
I notice now that it is only the "Avatar" section in which the upload does not work. I never yet clicked the "Add Picture". I tried an upload and it worked, of course it uploaded a previously uploaded photo though, a picture I didn't select. So I still stand by my problem.
Olivia_Ka
Olivia_Ka | 15-05-2015 02:56
I do agree with the "quickly loaded" pages, but still I get lost with "contribute" + all the menu with "edit biography"/"add/edit song"/"add/edit album". Thought it was very easy.
ksmile
ksmile | 15-05-2015 03:42
Personally I prefer the old system I knew where to go to get what I wanted ( I use my phone ) and im not comp savvy this new system is confusing I don't know what I'm doing I'm learning by mistakes and accidents I taught myself on old system and found letssingit totally by accident but was very pleased it was very easy to use I hope I can teach myself to use this new format I dont know how to listen to a song before you add it and don't know if I'm adding them right on the old system there was no question (at first I thought the web site was totally gone! It has taken me all day to get as far as I have got (again self taught-not comp savvy)) I hope it will be easy to get help using and having questions answered : )
didi28
didi28 | 15-05-2015 05:42
It seems great!
Jess_Keko
Jess_Keko | 15-05-2015 05:43
oo I like this layout
host
host
VYSKOČIT ULOŽIT ukládání ...
Přečtěte si více: