cs

New design for LetsSingIt!

Následovat 23
Sdílet
Přidat téma
Vyhledávání
Ray
Ray | 14-05-2015 14:10
I bet you had to look twice or maybe you're still figuring out what is going on, LetsSingIt has a new design! The "old" layout was 8 years old and in internet land, this is more than a lifetime. It was built back in 2007-2008 when Facebook was still unknown, Twitter did not exist yet, Nokia ruled the cell phone market and cell phones could only be used to call, .... ok, and to play Snake.

Mobile

How different is that today, "phones" is not the right word anymore, it's "mobile devices" since they come in all sizes and options and can do a zillion things more than playing Snake. But they have all one thing in common, you can use them to access the internet. The number of mobile users in the world is still growing extremely fast. So it's more important than ever before to have a mobile friendly website, which means that the website is also perfectly viewable on the smaller screens of the mobile devices. Today, 60% of LetsSingIt's visitors use a mobile device to access our site, and that's even with the old layout that didn't scale well on mobile devices. So time for a mobile friendly website!

What is new

Curious to what's new? It's too much too mention it all, so here are the highlights.

Responsive
This new LetsSingIt layout is now mobile friendly, the site optimizes it's presentation based on the device used to access LetsSingIt. This so called "responsive" design, makes LetsSingIt easy to access no matter how large or small you device is. You're one of these 40% desktop viewers? ... then grab your phone ...eh, "mobile device" for a demonstration!

Faster loading
The latest techniques on board to serve pages light and ultra-fast.

More info with less clicking
With the use of the large menu and "load more" buttons, more information is loaded in a split second without having to leave the page.

New comment system
Adding pictures, topics and comments is now done and a new form. Use the popped-out (or "detached") version for extra options, or use the small "submit-on-enter" form for quick comments. Want to use Facebook to comment? Also possible now, Facebook has been integrated with LetsSingIt.

Profile picture
Artist profile pictures are now supersized and can be edited by moderators now. Members can now also add their profile picture.

Song/album info
I got this question many times, where to put extra song or album information, because there is no field for that. Well, now there is. This option is currently only available for moderators (at the song-edit form).

Minor things that make you LSI life easier
- preview option at sending messages
- quick filter on long songs and albums pages of artists
- likes count added to hall-of-fame
- active topics can also be viewed by last comments
- everybody can edit their comments up to 15 minutes after saving

Bug Report

Found something that is not working in the way it should? Please let me know in the Support section of the forum.

Comments, tips or suggestions about the new layout, let me know!

Enjoy!
Ray

* offtopic :
Thanks to my wife Aisha for not only helping building this new layout, but also for the support on this biggest project in LetsSingIt history. This project has been quite a rollercoaster, but the result is there!
26 do 50 z 130 reakce
strana 2 z 6
FireWaterBurn6
FireWaterBurn6 | 14-05-2015 19:16
I'm reserving my flame wars for Joey and other mods for the next time I get weakly carded for telling Jeff to kill himself or talking about Ebola.
Ans11
Ans11 | 14-05-2015 19:21
Congratulations, Succes with this renewed website!!!
Captain_Keeta
Captain_Keeta | 14-05-2015 19:22
roxcyn
roxcyn | 14-05-2015 19:29
Awesome. Two forums I'm on got redesigned. I like it so far.
MCSMeister
MCSMeister | 14-05-2015 19:53
Fantastic. Definitely will take some time to get used to but is very easy on the eyes, I like it.

Though I must ask, Ray, what do you mean by "quick filter on long songs and albums pages of artists"?
Captain_Keeta
Captain_Keeta | 14-05-2015 20:11
Voting on polls doesn't work.
MCSMeister
MCSMeister | 14-05-2015 20:12
Oh, and when are we going to be able to upload new artist pictures?
Ray
Ray | 14-05-2015 20:14
vote problem into Support please

* offtopic :
edit: link fixed
Ray
Ray | 14-05-2015 20:14
uploading picture should work, not?
Captain_Keeta
Captain_Keeta | 14-05-2015 20:16
I clicked that link and it took me to a page that says "The page you requested could not be found."
MCSMeister
MCSMeister | 14-05-2015 20:17
uploading picture should work, not?

It doesn't. It gives me this message:

"Oops, no access

You don't have the privileges to access this page."
PinkFloyd
PinkFloyd | 14-05-2015 20:17
I'm assuming this is the place to continue posting issues. In the charts system I'm unable to add new material because the box to select an artist simply isn't there. Still loving the new site.
Ray
Ray | 14-05-2015 20:18
interesting, I guess you were the moderator for that artist right?
Captain_Keeta
Captain_Keeta | 14-05-2015 20:18
Still loving the new site.

That'll change realllll fast.
PinkFloyd
PinkFloyd | 14-05-2015 20:22
Why? I'm staying optimistic.
Captain_Keeta
Captain_Keeta | 14-05-2015 20:22
Well, then no reason.
MCSMeister
MCSMeister | 14-05-2015 20:26
interesting, I guess you were the moderator for that artist right?

Yup, otherwise I wouldn't have been able to see the "add a picture" button :p

That'll change realllll fast.

Not necessarily. Change can seem bad at the start, but it grows on you. My whole life I've always thought I would hate new versions of things but I end up getting used to them and familiarizing myself with them. You don't like it now but I'm sure it will grow on you.
Joeyy
Joeyy | 14-05-2015 20:45
Where have the super artist mod tools gone?
PinkFloyd
PinkFloyd | 14-05-2015 21:02
I still have mine.
Joeyy
Joeyy | 14-05-2015 21:08
Where on the page is it? :[
PinkFloyd
PinkFloyd | 14-05-2015 21:10
Oh, at the top there is a "contribute" button to the right on the banner.
PinkFloyd
PinkFloyd | 14-05-2015 21:29
Linking existing tracks to albums isn't working for compilations. Example.
Joeyy
Joeyy | 14-05-2015 21:50
The button is what super artist mods use now? I considered it, but didn't want to risk submitting a test to the artist moderator.
MCSMeister
MCSMeister | 14-05-2015 22:02
Linking existing tracks to albums isn't working for compilations. Example.

Yeah, I mentioned this in my "Several problems editing soundtracks" thread, though thank you for posting it here since it'll probably be easier for Ray to see it here.
PinkFloyd
PinkFloyd | 14-05-2015 22:03
I think everyone sees this same contribute button, we just have more options under it.
host
host
VYSKOČIT ULOŽIT ukládání ...
Přečtěte si více: