New "request lyrics/tracklist" feature

Následovat 2
Sdílet
Přidat téma
Vyhledávání
Ray
Ray | 17-10-2014 17:09
Hey artist moderators!

LetsSingIt has a new feature: "request lyrics/tracklist". On songs that have no lyrics and albums that have no tracklist there is now an option available that allows users to "request" it. In this way we know what's hot and we can add these lyrics and tracklists as soon as possible. The requests can be found here :

requested lyrics
requested tracklists

I'm working on an option that notifies you when a request is made on an artist that you're the moderator for.

Ray

PS: if you're a moderator and wondered why you got a notification for this topic, from now on, artist moderators will automatically follow this forum category artist moderators. Now you won't miss important news and perhaps you can help colleague-moderators when they have questions.
15 reakce
Joeyy
Joeyy | 17-10-2014 17:25
Ooo. Great idea, Ray!
Joeyy
Joeyy | 17-10-2014 17:26
I take it once the lyrics are added, the item automatically disappears from the list?
Meid
Meid | 17-10-2014 18:20
That's great! Thank you Ray
PinkFloyd
PinkFloyd | 17-10-2014 18:23
So which way to complete an album is correct? Or which way would you prefer? There are many members that choose to have just a text tracklist and only link the songs they have lyrics for. Or some who choose to link all songs even if they don't know or plan on adding any lyrics.

I see pros and cons to both. I tend to do the second option because it gets the site hits when the songs show up in Google. But people also get pissed when they click on it and find out there's no lyrics. But there's more of a chance someone will add the lyrics with a link to the song.

I will do it whichever way, but it seems with adding this new "request" lyrics you would like us to link all songs and not leave text tracklist?
Joeyy
Joeyy | 17-10-2014 18:39
Mm, I wonder what the likelihood of two people editing the same song will be now. If I'm working on adding the lyrics to one song in the requested list, what happens if someone beats me to it? Will I get some sort of error submission? Will my submission overwrite theirs? Either way, could suck for at least one person.
Ray
Ray | 17-10-2014 18:59
I take it once the lyrics are added, the item automatically disappears from the list?

yup

So which way to complete an album is correct?

For the record, the request feature only checks if the album has a tracklist. About your question how to complete an album, that is always to link to songs even if they they don't have lyrics. Why? Then people can listen to the songs, comment and vote on it. And to handle pissed off people that get on pages without lyrics, that can be done with specific instructions for Google which is my job
Ray
Ray | 17-10-2014 19:02
I wonder what the likelihood of two people editing the same song will be now

small chance I think
MCSMeister
MCSMeister | 17-10-2014 21:49
Awesome! I've thought about something similar to this before, and it's great that it's being given a shot. Can't wait to see how this goes, and hopefully this can increase the number of requested lyrics/tracklists solved
rainking884
rainking884 | 18-10-2014 00:30
Sounds like a great new feature!!
Joeyy
Joeyy | 19-10-2014 18:54
Is the order of the requested lyrics the order of how often they're requested?
Captain_Keeta
Captain_Keeta | 19-10-2014 18:58
Awesome!
Ray
Ray | 20-10-2014 11:35
Is the order of the requested lyrics the order of how often they're requested?

yup
lostmmr112
lostmmr112 | 08-11-2014 19:30
Wow that's really nice.. Thanks Ray
PinkFloyd
PinkFloyd | 12-11-2014 00:42
I really like this "request" feature, but just a few things I noticed. I've noticed some songs/tracklists will vanish from the list for a short time and then reappear hours later, or maybe even after a quick refresh of the page. One example, Barry Manilow - My Dream Duets. It might not appear now since I have added the tracklist.

Also, I noticed some items will change places and then move back and forth within a few hours/minutes/seconds. Example would be Angels & Airwaves - The Dream Walker. I figured the list would either change/update immediately or update every 24 hours. This isn't a real problem, just something I noticed. The ones vanishing however are strange, even when no corrections have been made.

One suggestion as well, maybe to implement a way when a member or guest "requests" material they can be notified when it is added? Members by PM and guests can enter an e-mail address after requesting, if they'd like. Thanks.
goaten
goaten | 07-12-2014 00:18
Awesome
host
host
VYSKOČIT ULOŽIT ukládání ...
Přečtěte si více: