cs

Songs That Need To Be Removed

Následovat 1
Sdílet
Přidat téma
Vyhledávání
MCSMeister
MCSMeister | 05-08-2014 13:01
I'm starting to come across more and more duplicate songs that need to be deleted - but I can't do anything about some of them, namely duplicate songs by artists that already have moderators. I'll use this thread to list dupe songs I can't delete myself, as I can't find any already-existing threads used for this purpose.

*Update*
If you notice a song or album that you think should be removed from the site, please privately message only one of the following content editors: Joeyy, Olivia_Ka, or PinkFloyd. Please give a reason why you believe it should be removed. Most common reasons are either the song is a fake or it's a duplicate.

In case of a fake, try to provide another source as proof.

In case of a duplicate, keep the song/album with the most:
- valued history (oldest)
- LSI rank
- chart rank
- copyright/composing credits
- comments/ratings

Being linked to an album does not matter, relinking is simple. It may be up to you, the moderator, to check the duplicates and make your best judgement, don't just delete whatever someone sends you.

Thanks
151 do 165 z 165 reakce
strana 7 z 7
PinkFloyd
PinkFloyd | 24-10-2014 03:02
Ok, that sounds good, Celine.

I'm starting to come across more and more duplicate songs that need to be deleted - but I can't do anything about some of them, namely duplicate songs by artists that already have moderators. I'll use this thread to list dupe songs I can't delete myself, as I can't find any already-existing threads used for this purpose.

Update
If you notice a song or album that you think should be removed from the site, please privately message only one of the following content editors: Joeyy, Olivia_Ka, or PinkFloyd. Please give a reason why you believe it should be removed. Most common reasons are either the song is a fake or it's a duplicate.

In case of a fake, try to provide another source as proof.

In case of a duplicate, keep the song/album with the most:
- valued history (oldest)
- LSI rank
- chart rank
- copyright/composing credits
- comments/ratings

Being linked to an album does not matter, relinking is simple. It may be up to you, the moderator, to check the duplicates and make your best judgement, don't just delete whatever someone sends you.

Thanks
zjenn4
zjenn4 | 01-11-2017 00:12
I re-opened this thread so I can rant because I'm annoyed.

The not being able to remove a song or album because it is "popular" is really annoying. I've been trying to slowly update songs/albums related to the Instant Star series because I moderate Alexz Johnson and the majority of the music on the albums is from her. I am finding that not only are there duplicate songs and albums just within her profile, but there are duplicate songs also listed under the other artists from the show (for example, Tyler Kyte, or Cory Lee). And any time I go to try and remove the duplicate song or album, I can't because something somewhere is identifying it as popular. And the only way to remove it is to message supermod.

If it were only one song every blue moon, that would be fine, and I wouldn't mind messaging one of the supermods to handle. But since I've been trying to fix this because most of it is mine, it requires more time than I am willing to dedicate when I have to link and message a supermod every time I need a duplicate song or album removed. It's driving me crazy and it makes me not want to finish this project. I understand that if the artist is not moderated by someone, any random person shouldn't be able to just delete things. But if I am moderating the artists, and if I'm the one putting in the effort to fix it, then I want to be able to remove duplicates. This is ridiculous.

I'll over time, moderated and correct all the artists related to Instant Star when I can. But I'm not going to mess with involving another person throughout the entire process. It just makes the process take too long.
Joeyy
Joeyy | 02-11-2017 12:30
* offtopic :
Make Jen an artist super-mod. May as well. She's trustworthy, sensible, and the site could use all the help available.
MCSMeister
MCSMeister | 03-11-2017 14:18
Jen, if you weren't aware, Ray changed it a long time ago so that only super artist moderators could delete content, and every song gives you that "popular" message when you try to delete it. I agree, it was very frustrating when I wasn't a super mod. I remember when I first joined LSI, artist moderators could delete content, but Ray changed that because people were deleting items vital to the site's SEO. I, too, hated always having to message the other super mods with long lists of songs to delete. It just felt like I was bothering them.

I agree with Joey for sure, though. Jen's literally been here for over a decade, and she's obviously passionate about content on LSI being accurate (as am I).

* offtopic :
On another note, I've always felt like closing this thread was unnecessary...and here's your case in point. It could still be helpful to those who aren't super mod.
roxcyn
roxcyn | 12-11-2017 09:08
What songs should 've deleted?
MCSMeister
MCSMeister | 13-11-2017 21:10
Lucky for Jen, it looks like Ray just implemented a new "remove song" system that would allow her to request songs to be deleted on her own!

But...can super mods not do it instantly anymore? I don't see an option to.
roxcyn
roxcyn | 14-11-2017 03:21
Weird, so we can't remove them anymore now?

Help, Ray!
MCSMeister
MCSMeister | 14-11-2017 13:31
Read his comments in the Spelling errors thread, he explains why. This might just be temporary for super mods.
roxcyn
roxcyn | 14-11-2017 23:32
Thank you, I just did. It's taking forever to review them, Gah!
MCSMeister
MCSMeister | 14-11-2017 23:34
I know. I'm trying to emphasize to Ray that super mods need the ability to insta-delete songs again ASAP. Since the amount of work we do is so large-scale, it just takes way too long to have to send so many songs through the queue, not to mention check all of the PMs to make sure they were deleted.
roxcyn
roxcyn | 20-11-2017 04:56
Now, if this feature will train our robot, Snap, to NOT add them back, then it's a necessary evil.
Olivia_Ka
Olivia_Ka | 30-06-2020 18:41
Hey, how do I merge When Smokey Sings with the correct ABC one?
This song can't be removed, because it is linked to an album. If the song needs to be removed, unlink it first from the album by linking the album track to another (the correct) song.

It tells me it's part of an album but I cannot see which one.
MCSMeister
MCSMeister | 30-06-2020 19:14
You're right, that's the first time I'm seeing such an error. Might be worth making a separate topic about that in Support since Ray isn't following this thread and may not see it.
Olivia_Ka
Olivia_Ka | 27-01-2021 02:38
I cannot move Baby Cakes to the artist 3 Of A Kind, since Three Of A Kind is a different trio.
This song can't be removed, because it has been verified.

But I wouldn't remove it, only transfer it to the right artist.
MCSMeister
MCSMeister | 27-01-2021 16:37
Celine, please post your request in this thread - that is a rare error that only Ray can fix.
host
host
VYSKOČIT ULOŽIT ukládání ...
Přečtěte si více: