cs

Songs That Need To Be Removed

Následovat 1
Sdílet
Přidat téma
Vyhledávání
MCSMeister
MCSMeister | 05-08-2014 13:01
I'm starting to come across more and more duplicate songs that need to be deleted - but I can't do anything about some of them, namely duplicate songs by artists that already have moderators. I'll use this thread to list dupe songs I can't delete myself, as I can't find any already-existing threads used for this purpose.

*Update*
If you notice a song or album that you think should be removed from the site, please privately message only one of the following content editors: Joeyy, Olivia_Ka, or PinkFloyd. Please give a reason why you believe it should be removed. Most common reasons are either the song is a fake or it's a duplicate.

In case of a fake, try to provide another source as proof.

In case of a duplicate, keep the song/album with the most:
- valued history (oldest)
- LSI rank
- chart rank
- copyright/composing credits
- comments/ratings

Being linked to an album does not matter, relinking is simple. It may be up to you, the moderator, to check the duplicates and make your best judgement, don't just delete whatever someone sends you.

Thanks
126 do 150 z 165 reakce
strana 6 z 7
Captain_Keeta
Captain_Keeta | 03-10-2014 01:45
* offtopic :
Totally offtopic but I think Nicolas deserves a bit more credit for what is doing. IMO, it's great. Keep up the great work Nicolas.

Carry back on. :p
MCSMeister
MCSMeister | 03-10-2014 02:04
Queen - Death On Two Legs (already in archive as "Death on Two Legs (Dedicated to...)"
MCSMeister
MCSMeister | 03-10-2014 19:45
Michael Jackson - Abc - The Jackson 5 - duplicate, already in Jackson 5's archive as ABC
MCSMeister
MCSMeister | 05-10-2014 04:25
Van Halen - The Cradle Will Rock, already in archive as "And the Cradle Will Rock..."
MCSMeister
MCSMeister | 08-10-2014 22:47
Van Halen - D. O. A., already in archive as D.O.A.

Van Halen - Fire In The Hole, song is in archive twice

Van Halen - One Foot Out The Door, song is in archive twice

Van Halen - Shes The Woman, already in archive as "She's the Woman"

Van Halen - So This Is Love, already in archive as "So This Is Love?"
PinkFloyd
PinkFloyd | 08-10-2014 22:49
Hold off on removing those songs, Celine and Joey.
PinkFloyd
PinkFloyd | 08-10-2014 22:56
Um, I just said not to remove those, I was working on them and then they vanished.
Olivia_Ka
Olivia_Ka | 08-10-2014 22:57
Did you? I removed 3 of them.
PinkFloyd
PinkFloyd | 08-10-2014 23:01
Ok, whatever, anyway. From now on, Nicolas, it's important to give us the duplicates that don't have the writing/composer/copyright information at the bottom. It doesn't matter which ones are linked to albums or not. The ones that have the information at the bottom we want to keep.
Olivia_Ka
Olivia_Ka | 08-10-2014 23:56
The ones that have the information at the bottom we want to keep.
With the composers or with the song comments... If both have song comments, I usually remove the one that has less.
the writing/composer/copyright information at the bottom.

Sorry, but I removed them last time, too quickly. My bad.
MCSMeister
MCSMeister | 10-10-2014 10:36
MCSMeister
MCSMeister | 12-10-2014 03:10
The Vapours - Turning Japanese - artist is spelled wrong, already in Vapors' archive here
Joeyy
Joeyy | 12-10-2014 03:57
* offtopic :
Hold off on removing those songs, Celine and Joey.

It Wasn't Me
MCSMeister
MCSMeister | 14-10-2014 01:38
Spongebob Squarepants - Jellyfish Jelly, already in archive as "Hey All You People"
SpongeBob SquarePants - Ocean Man, song is just credited to Ween, not SpongeBob
SpongeBob SquarePants - Living in the Sunlight, Loving in the Moonlight, song is just credited to Tiny Tim, not SpongeBob
MCSMeister
MCSMeister | 14-10-2014 23:13
MCSMeister
MCSMeister | 15-10-2014 01:27
PinkFloyd
PinkFloyd | 15-10-2014 16:03
This song "Pharrell Williams - Happy (From "Despicable Me 2")" should not have been removed as it had chart rank. Please Celine, make sure of this before you remove a song.

'Pharrell Williams - Happy' is from album 'G I R L'
Olivia_Ka
Olivia_Ka | 15-10-2014 17:22
Don't understand Sierra, there are 2 versions of Happy?
MCSMeister
MCSMeister | 15-10-2014 19:51
For once, I actually agree with Celine. Both of those pages were for the same song, "Happy", and the one with "(From Despicable Me 2)" was an unnecessary subtitle.

Yes, Sierra, "Happy" is on G I R L, but it's also on the Despicable Me 2 soundtrack. It's the exact same song.
PinkFloyd
PinkFloyd | 15-10-2014 23:53
I know it is the same song

But both titles exist in the charts though, as you can see when you visit the lyrics themselves. But there are ways around this. I will ask Alinda what she thinks.

For future though, Celine, if you happen to see a song needing removal and it has chart rank can you let Alinda or I know first so we can make adjustments? I'm not picking on you, but I don't need to tell Joey because she already knows how it works. Thanks.
MCSMeister
MCSMeister | 18-10-2014 19:40
I don't understand why the charts matter in this situation. A duplicate song is still a duplicate song, and I don't see why it should matter if both are in the charts. But that's just how I see it.

Anberlin - Feel Good Drag, already in archive as The Feel Good Drag

Mod edit - done
Olivia_Ka
Olivia_Ka | 23-10-2014 23:11
One thing I hate when removing songs, it's when it has comments under it. Since Sarah has told me
you can't transfer a comment from a song to another

(which I clearly regret as a super artist mod), how could I transfer a comment from a song to another? See twice the same song but not the same poster in the comments box below. Do I have to call a forum mod for that or WHAT?
PinkFloyd
PinkFloyd | 23-10-2014 23:24
To me comments/rating is the least important. I don't even look at that when removing material. Only rank/history.

I don't like this thread, I'm starting to think it's more trouble than it's worth and am considering closing it.
MCSMeister
MCSMeister | 24-10-2014 00:28
Wait, what? How is this thread trouble?
Olivia_Ka
Olivia_Ka | 24-10-2014 02:32
In that case Sierra, every time I see a same song by 2 different artists and that is actually a duet, I won't remove it. OK?
host
host
VYSKOČIT ULOŽIT ukládání ...
Přečtěte si více: