cs

Who Can Add Lyrics?

Následovat 1
Sdílet
Přidat téma
Vyhledávání
PitbullGirl305
PitbullGirl305 | 11-01-2014 14:08
I'm fairly new to moderating artists here. So I have a question. Maybe this has been asked and answered before, but I couldn't find anything about it.

I was under the impression that when someone adds lyrics for the artist you moderate, you get a message that there is a "new item in moderator queue".
I had 2 messages like that from Snap and there were in fact lyrics added by Snap (wrong lyrics on both occasions, but that's besides the point) and I could either add them or delete them.

Yesterday, after a few days of laptop problems, I could finally get online again and when I checked out the lyrics of one of my artists I noticed someone had added all the lyrics to an album I had added earlier.
But I never got any message from this.
I had noticed this earlier too, when I happened to check the list of recently added lyrics and saw lyrics for my artist had been added, of which I had absolutely not received a message.

So my questions is; why can some people add lyrics to my artists without me having to approve them?
12 reakce
Joeyy
Joeyy | 11-01-2014 14:33
Ray and Aisha, as far as I'm aware. Ray is the webmaster (person who created and runs the site) and Aisha's his helper.

I do wish we were alerted, because I don't want copied lyrics from other sites to be put in there and escape my notice, as other people don't always (read: rarely) get it right and it means that incorrect or incomplete lyrics are there without my knowing, but I don't think Ray thinks it's necessary (I've talked about this before), so there's nothing we can do.
PitbullGirl305
PitbullGirl305 | 11-01-2014 14:49
Thank you for you response Joeyy.
The lyrics that were added earlier were indeed by Aisha but the ones that were added this week were by Alinda. You wouldn't happen to know is she is one of Ray's helpers too?
It's too bad we don't get alerted, cause now we have to double check every lyrics to see if they are correct or complete.
I saw yesterday Aisha added lyrics for a new song on which one of my artists is featured and it were exactly the same lyrics as are in the description of the youtube video, mistakes and typos included.
Seems she just copied and paste the lyrics without even checking if they are correct.

Say, can I ask you a question that is kinda related?
I added lyrics for an unmodded artist cause one of my artists is featured on that song. I just can't seem to figure out how to add a featuring artist.
If you can help me out with this it would be greatly appreciated.
Joeyy
Joeyy | 11-01-2014 15:17
I have no idea who Alinda is. If she's another friend of Ray's, that's fine (...), but I'd blow a fuse if random people could add lyrics without moderators being alerted.

That is what Aisha does, but, to be fair, it's what most people do when adding lyrics. If the lyrics can be found elsewhere, people will simply copy and paste them onto their preferred site. Unfortunately, the majority won't then check to see if the lyrics are correct, complete, or could be improve in some way (format, grammar, punctuation...)

I hate it. It means everywhere ends up with the same messy, often incorrect, lyrics. But to most people it's just about getting something down; making sure they're there - and then I guess they just assume they're correct.

To assume makes an ass out of "u" and me. ;P

Personally I prefer to listen to the songs whenever possible and edit or write the lyrics to my satisfaction. It's so much better that way, even if it takes more time.

That's an artist's moderators job, in my opinion. I'm grateful for Aisha's contributions, they certainly save me time; I just wish we were told about them so we could know to fix them up when/where necessary. Because if we're not doing the things that no one else will, what's the point in us?

As for your last paragraph, do you mean you can't add "featured" to the song of the un-modded artist, your artist, or both?
PitbullGirl305
PitbullGirl305 | 11-01-2014 16:46
I know exactly what you mean. We have to check and double check everything.

I try to find lyrics that aren't on here yet on other lyrics site and then check them first while listening to the song, so I can correct them if necessary, before I put them up.

To get back to my second question; I added lyrics for an un-modded artist. Then I went to edit the lyrics so I could add the featuring artist. But I don't seem to be able to find out how exactly I am to do this.
Is that a bit more clear for you???
Ray
Ray | 13-01-2014 13:55
Yes, there are indeed a couple of people that have "super" moderator privileges. They can add content to both moderated and unmoderated artists. This people are from the LSI internal team : Aisha, Alinda, Snap and myself. Snap of course is just a silly robot.

The reason we bypass moderators is because we're focussed on one task : getting the newest content on LSI as soon as possible. There is no time to put this material on the moderator's review queue. Can't take the risk that the moderator comes online later this day, the song had to get online right now.

Though, I agree with your statement that a moderator should be alerted in some kind of way so that they know what is new. Good point. I'm looking into this.

Thanks!
PitbullGirl305
PitbullGirl305 | 13-01-2014 14:13
Thank you Ray!

It would be a great help if moderators got alerted that a new song was added by either you, Aisha, Alinda or Snap.
Then we would know new lyrics were added and we can check them if they are correct or need correcting
Joeyy
Joeyy | 13-01-2014 17:53
Can you tell me what happens when you try? It's possible it's gone to public review because the other artist isn't moderated by anyone.

Do you mean you don't know how to add a featured artist at all (so you wouldn't know how to do so for an artist you moderate either)?

Say if I wanted to add a featured artist on Alanis Morissette's song 'Ironic' (I moderate her), I'd go to the song page and look to the light blue bar on the left-hand side; click "edit"; and then, underneath the title and her name, spot "Add artist:" and the bar with drop-down options next to it. Then we have the choice of selecting "featuring", "duet", "with", "and", and "VS (versus)". I'd click "featuring" and a pop-up box would appear, into which I'd enter the correct artist's name; hit "search"; and select them.

Since no one actually does feature on the aforementioned song, I won't do it, but I assume (can't remember :p) that the above should be enough.

Let me know where you're up to.
PitbullGirl305
PitbullGirl305 | 13-01-2014 19:09
I can add featured artists to the artists I moderate, got no problems with that.
I added lyrics fro an un-modded artist and it did go to public review.
When I go to this song and click "edit" I can only edit the lyrics, but not add a featuring artist.

To clarify things a bit more:

I added the lyrics for "Sopa De Caracol" by Elvis Crespo which features Pitbull, the artist I moderate.
But I can't add Pitbull to the lyrics.

Hope you can help me with this
Joeyy
Joeyy | 13-01-2014 19:23
I can't, I'm afraid. The only logical explanation is that we mustn't be able to add a featured artist to a song in the archive of an artist we don't moderate.

You could either click to moderate them, add the featured artist that way, and un-moderate again, or add the song to your own artist's database as a new song and then see if you can add the un-moderated artist to that.

Maybe Ray will change this one day.
PitbullGirl305
PitbullGirl305 | 13-01-2014 20:50
Okay, well thanks anyway Joeyy

Maybe I will just moderate them, add my artist and un-moderate again.

At least Ray agrees that we moderators should be notified somehow when lyrics are added by him, Aisha or Alinda
Ray
Ray | 05-02-2014 12:57
Notifications are in place Once a day the system sends out messages to moderators of which the content of their artists have been changed by one of the members of the LSI team. The message mentiones the items.
PitbullGirl305
PitbullGirl305 | 05-02-2014 13:16
Thank you Ray!!!
host
host
VYSKOČIT ULOŽIT ukládání ...
Přečtěte si více: