cs

Updates : Feat Song, vip system and Music Player

Následovat 9
Sdílet
Přidat téma
Vyhledávání
Ray
Ray | 01-07-2013 00:08
July 1st, today is the release date of 3 updates.

[B]Featured song[/B]

After 3,756 daily polls (over 10 years!) LSI stops with the poll in its current format. Awww... But don't be too disappointed, we have something new! We combined the daily featured artist with the poll. The result : a daily featured song! Every day LSI selects a brand new hot song and we would like to know what you think of it. In the menu bar (next to the LSI search form) you'll find a link to the featured song to listen to it and vote. It pretty much explains itself, so check it out! The featured song also replaces the daily featured artist which was found on the frontpage.

[B]New VIP System[/B]

More big changes, LSI changed its VIP system. With this new VIP system is much transparent and much easier to climb your way up to higher VIP levels. Your VIP level is now updated daily instead of monthly. Checkout your VIP progression at the completely renewed VIP status page. And an extra nice addition worth to mention; advertising is now off for all members. Read all ins and outs about the new VIP system in the help section.

[B]LSI Music Player[/B]

The LSI music player is hot, so time to give it a facelift. The following updates make it more user friendly for sure : 1) For you're the "favorite songs" playlist you can now add and remove songs directly in the player. 2) You can sort the songs by dragging them with your mouse in the order you would like to hear them.

Comments, tips and suggestions, are welcome as usual

Ray
1 do 25 z 126 reakce
strana 1 z 6
Captain_Keeta
Captain_Keeta | 01-07-2013 00:20
Amazing, Ray. You truly know how to run a website. Keep up the great work and I can't wait to see what's in store for the new poll thing!
Joeyy
Joeyy | 01-07-2013 01:52
You know I appreciate your work on the site, Ray, but I'm really disappointed about the polls. They were why I joined in the first place, back when I didn't realise moderating artists was a thing. Came for the lyrics; stayed for the polls. They were a way of interacting with, and learning about, members who I otherwise wouldn't have a chance to, and also to learn the opinions of members I'm more friendly with on topics we otherwise might not discuss.

I think having a featured song instead limits your audience. People aren't likely to comment unless they already dislike or love the song in question. I don't believe most people are willing to listen to a song they've never heard of before every day. I think in this day and age, we lack the patience. We want what we came for and claim not to have the time for anything else. Even when folks do comment, instead of more open answers and individual opinions, it'll be repeats of "Nice!!" or "This sucks". Nothing to garner my interest, I'm afraid.

Edit: Unless I'm doing something wrong, I notice we can't actually see others' comments on the song anyway, which to me (apologies) makes it more useless.

But nice updates to the Music Player.
Joeyy
Joeyy | 01-07-2013 02:04
If the featured song is a flashing blue "button" at the top, would it not be possible to also have the poll at the side? :s
30mars
30mars | 01-07-2013 02:34
Sounds really cool, like it much.
kalsonberry
kalsonberry | 01-07-2013 04:30
Yeah I definitely think the daily polls make the site more accessible. I feel like a lot of new members start by just voting and commenting on the polls, and then they eventually become more active on the site. I'll probably give the daily songs a listen, but I definitely think the featured song should be an addition to the daily poll as opposed to a replacement for the poll.
Jess_Keko
Jess_Keko | 01-07-2013 05:37
I like the new song poll... I'm always on the look out for new music Anyways, I tried putting the comment into the song of the day and I got an "error 404" pop-up box... I tried it about 4 or 5 times before posting this and still kept getting the error message. Just wondering if anyone else is having the same problem?
Ray
Ray | 01-07-2013 06:43
404 error fixed
Schatzi
Schatzi | 01-07-2013 07:09
I think the new song poll is pretty awesome. But I will have to agree that it'll be a shame to lose the daily poll. A lot of times when I check the forum they're the majority of the recent topics. Maybe a weekly poll instead of a daily one?
hidesmuseum
hidesmuseum | 01-07-2013 09:44
I agree with kalson.I miss the polls.
cutie_13
cutie_13 | 01-07-2013 10:14
I like the new VIP level thing and that the ads are gone, I'll miss the polls.. I can't complain though, nice work Ray
Joeyy
Joeyy | 01-07-2013 11:08
Ah, so when I went to it before, I couldn't see the comments because there weren't any.

I honestly think attention should be paid to the average amount of comments the Featured Songs receive. I could be wrong, but it doesn't seem like they'll receive even half of what the polls did. Surely this should be an indicator of which brings more activity to the site and which the members enjoy more.

Again, to have both would be fantastic.
indiechick_
indiechick_ | 01-07-2013 11:10
Is anyone in favor of killing the polls? I think not!
JDolla
JDolla | 01-07-2013 11:43
Yeah, the polls going away kinda sucks. I feel like the polls bring in new members better than anything.

Music player and VIP updates are pretty cool though. Also,I have no idea how you're making money off of the site without ads, but I'm not complaining
TheAnnoyance
TheAnnoyance | 01-07-2013 12:02
Well Ray said somewhere before that most of the site's traffic is non-members, so he's probably not missing out on much.

In theory I like the new featured song, I mean this is a music site afterall.
Although how many people will be bothered to listen to and vote a song on a daily basis will probably be less than the poll. I did kinda figure it would go where the poll was though as more of a replacement, that column will just be empty now. I know the poll got a fraction of the votes on a daily basis now that is used too, but like many I still looked at it everyday, and was a reason to come on. Oh well, change is never popular is it.

I do like the new VIP system though, don't think I've been elite before.
robdog2008
robdog2008 | 01-07-2013 12:07
nice work ray
over time everyone will get used to the changes
PinkFloyd
PinkFloyd | 01-07-2013 17:07
Disappointed about the poll feature, especially for people who don't listen to new "hot" music, but the rest is cool, good job Ray.
PinkFloyd
PinkFloyd | 01-07-2013 17:13
If the featured song is a flashing blue "button" at the top, would it not be possible to also have the poll at the side?

I agree, the random poll can still be contributed to the site, it was always exciting seeing what wacky thing someone suggested that day.
TheAnnoyance
TheAnnoyance | 01-07-2013 17:18
If he had both, people would more likely still just vote on the poll. This way does encourage people to vote on the song instead. I can see why he got rid of it, even if I did like the poll.
Joeyy
Joeyy | 01-07-2013 17:23
Again, is that not also an indicator of which we prefer and which would bring more people? :| And surely that's what it should be about.

Well Ray said somewhere before that most of the site's traffic is non-members, so he's probably not missing out on much.

Then surely there's even less point to a feature that is likely to attract fewer people.

I don't mean to be argumentative, but this is like going against logical, common sense...and that hurts my brain. :/
Joeyy
Joeyy | 01-07-2013 17:28
Anyway, I guess we'll see with time.
JDolla
JDolla | 01-07-2013 20:09
It would be pretty cool if the two ideas were kinda mingled, and people voted today on what tomorrow's feature song would be. Comment on today's song, help pick tomorrow's...
AnaAnya
AnaAnya | 01-07-2013 21:43
I really liked the old polls but the new idea is good too. I would only hope that the featured song would be a random one from the site - this way, more types of music and artists would appear... not only what is "hot"

Keep on the good work!
PinkFloyd
PinkFloyd | 01-07-2013 21:50
I hate to be a brat, but I will more than likely be boycotting this. The poll was just a tradition. And it did bring people to LSI, even if it was for some people to just argue why you should believe in God or why drinking every day makes you a bad person, it did create new members. And like Joey said, I also joined because of a poll. Perhaps I'm just grumpy and it will subside, I guess I should give it some time.
FireWaterBurn6
FireWaterBurn6 | 01-07-2013 23:09
The polls sucked anyway. Complete lack of conversation. Just as pointless as 99% of the posts from people like kalsonberry and olivia. No hate guys, just keepin it real.

Really though, Nobody Gives A Shiz.

Someone here remembers that Im sure.^
PinkFloyd
PinkFloyd | 01-07-2013 23:19
Was that person you? Did anyone ever determine that?
host
host
VYSKOČIT ULOŽIT ukládání ...
Přečtěte si více: