cs

'Contact Moderator' / 'send message'

Následovat 0
Sdílet
Přidat téma
Vyhledávání
Ray
Ray | 16-04-2004 16:55
The artist-music pages now show if the artist is moderated. If so, you'll read "click here to contact the moderator". which links back to the profile of the moderator. * offtopic :
For now I don't add the nickname, just the link. The moderator-nicknames have to be pulled out of the database, but these artist pages are under heavy load, so I've to test this first if it won't required too much resources from the server.

There is also a link to send a message to the moderator which is also a new option by the way. You don't have to add a member to your contacts first to send him/her a message. Just go to the profile and click "send message". Also non-members can send a message which makes it easy for visitors to give feedback to lyrics moderators.

Because it is now easy for a visitor to contact a lyrics moderator, I'll block the "add lyrics" tool for artists that a re moderatored. If a visitor has new lyrics, corrections, biography or whatever, he/she can send this by message to the moderator. I'l think this will work, it keeps the archive clean and organized.

Le me know what you think about it.
26 do 34 z 34 reakce
strana 2 z 2
rawkerNoNagal
rawkerNoNagal | 18-04-2004 17:51
* offtopic :
thanks dekkkk
Dekar
Dekar | 18-04-2004 18:02
Here's an idea: when lyric moderators get messages from people, say where they were when the message was sent. it would clear up a lot of confusion by people who don't include details of what the hell they're talking aboot.

"Message sent by from "

or

"Message sent by from "
crazydazibaby
crazydazibaby | 18-04-2004 18:23
i agree with dekar sort of.. like since a lot of us have multiple artists could you have something that tells us which artist they are referring to.. because i got some messages like

"there are some mistakes if you listen to the songs you'll know" .. so i dont know which song/artist they were talking about..
the_locust
the_locust | 18-04-2004 18:54
I liked Jess' idea of having:
"Hi my name is [insert name here] while i am the lyric moderator ... bla bla bla I can't catch every mistake in the lyrics. If you find one send me a message and be specific as to what song you're talking about "
on the artist pages that have a moderator cause on some of the artists I moderate, there are no official lyrics released (John Frusciante, for example) so all the lyrics on the net have been made by listening and the writer opinion so some people have different opinions about what the correct version are. Also cause it would I think it would be helpful for people who are trying to suggest corrections, anyway. And like they all said, not every message I've got has been clear...
Although this message the moderator has so far been really great, I've received a few and they are all mistakes I didn't pick up upon so yeah, it's useful.
DaRkSiDe
DaRkSiDe | 18-04-2004 19:26
yeah I agree with Matt, I got a message like this "this song isn't by them"

which song are they talking about?
little_girl
little_girl | 19-04-2004 14:53
I think this is a great new feature! Although, it does seem to have a bug in it...

I too have been getting messages from people that have information regarding a song but these messages do not state the title of the song or even the name of the artist. Here is an example:

Subject : wrong lyrics
Received : 18-04-2004 12:29

This is an externally sent message. You cannot reply on this message.
Sender : Mike12345
Email : belikemike247@aol.com
--------------------
the second verse should read

You rule the raging of the seas
The hills proclaim your majesty
..... the glorifying of the Lord

Another one of the messages I received had even less information than the one above. It would be a great help if when a person sends a message about a song, the message would automatically carry the Song Title and Artist Name. Kind of like a time & date stamp but with the song info instead.

Thank You Ray

*hugs*
dismissed
dismissed | 19-04-2004 14:57
ok look RAY i donno where to post this but i want to be a Lyric moderator! so plz if u can do me one ...
little_girl
little_girl | 19-04-2004 15:01
Hi there Dismissed

You can request mod priviledges for an artist or band of your choice in the Lyrics moderators thread.

dismissed
dismissed | 19-04-2004 15:13
can1 find me the thread for the above thing?!
host
host
VYSKOČIT ULOŽIT ukládání ...
Přečtěte si více: