LetsSingIt databáze internetových textů
cs
Následovat 0
Sdílet
Přidat téma
Vyhledávání
girlie
girlie | 15-10-2002 08:15
I was just wondering if everyone has heard about the bombing in Bali? Last news I heard is that it's supposedly another terrorist attack by a group linked to the Al Queda (sp?)

Obviously not to the scale of Sep 11 but there are a fair few people missing and a lot injured, not to mention some dead.

It's really going way too far, these terrorist attacks etc. and the retaliation which does not make things any better.

I've been thinking about what would happen if all this turned into another war and it makes me worry a bit. I don't know how things worked in your countries for the first couple of world wars but here men were randomly drafted to go to war by pulling out birthdates. That makes me worry a little about my loved ones if it came to that...
21 reakce
Anita
Anita | 15-10-2002 09:11
well my friends auntie came back one day before it happened and she went to that night club
and she was in New York when the terriost attack happened its lucky for her to be alive!
KATmeeeowww
KATmeeeowww | 15-10-2002 12:39
here its kinda scary, because we're close to afgahnistan and iraq and stuff plus they'll make every guy go to the army... which is scary!!
i heard about bali... i used to go there for holidays.. in my school we have like minutes of silence for things like this and we did on monday!
lucky_bob
lucky_bob | 15-10-2002 17:03
mmm, the Bali thing is pretty freaky... it's awful for the people who lost dear ones there...

but I don't think it's al-quaida... I believe, as some others do, it's a fundamentalists group working from within the army
Masterful_Ally
Masterful_Ally | 15-10-2002 17:46
Not just some are dead - there are 187 dead so far, and still 20 - 30 unaccounted for. Can't understand what cause people can feel so stongly for that they feel it is worth killing innocent civilians in the name of it. I don't understand how it is supposed to solve anything either. The idea of killing someone inorder to prove something or get publicity is disgusting.

<marquee> Ally xxx
pesh_is_fresh
pesh_is_fresh | 15-10-2002 20:19
hmmm i do think it is somehow linked to al-qaeda but not directly by any means. Obviously this was an inside job...i mean no one has attacked bali before. I mean EVER. So someone on the indo side must know
Lita
Lita | 16-10-2002 21:30
This is Australia's Sept 11. If you compare how many people died in the Bali attacks to 911, Bali doesnt seem that big. But if you compare the number of the population in Aus to USA, it equals out.
pesh_is_fresh
pesh_is_fresh | 16-10-2002 22:43
what is the total number of casualties as of now? My thoughts are with the victims and their families
Ilovemarkmiser4
Ilovemarkmiser4 | 16-10-2002 22:44
Why can't everbody just get along???
Lita
Lita | 17-10-2002 06:40
I think 200 Aussies.. but im not *exactly* sure. http://www.heraldsun.com.au <<it'll be there
Lita
Lita | 17-10-2002 06:41
okay sorry, 119 Aussies
pesh_is_fresh
pesh_is_fresh | 17-10-2002 07:19
youch! That is just too many. But one should not have died. So now what? Is australia doing anything?
Masterful_Ally
Masterful_Ally | 17-10-2002 10:37
It's now 200 people in total.
Plantagenet
Plantagenet | 17-10-2002 17:46
It's awful! But I also don't think it's al-quajda, cause it doesn't involve america, and I have the idea al-quajda focuses more on America. But I read in a paper that it could be the army, as a revench on the interfierence of Austria in the conflicts in East-Timor. Still, I can't understand that this is the way to any solution...
Masterful_Ally
Masterful_Ally | 17-10-2002 21:37
Al-quaida don't target America especially, just rich westeners - exactly like all those Australian and British tourists. So it could well be them, there's a fair chance.

<marquee> Ally xxx
Lita
Lita | 18-10-2002 00:12
It could be the al-quajda because they could be angry at Australians for wanting to help America.
pesh_is_fresh
pesh_is_fresh | 18-10-2002 01:02
yeh sadly it is probably linked to al-qaeda. Lita maybe you didn't see my first message but what is australia gonna do? Are they gonna investigate...and then? Or what?
Plantagenet
Plantagenet | 18-10-2002 09:20
yeah, I know it's the whole western world they want to target, but wouldn't they then rather bomb Great Britain, cause they were america's helpers... (not that I want them to!!!!)
Masterful_Ally
Masterful_Ally | 18-10-2002 15:09
I think they'll just bomb wherever there are activists willing to bomb.... I certainly don't want them to bomb great Britain coz I'm pretty sure central London would be a target and, y'know, thats kinda where I live!!!!! argh!

<marquee> Ally xxx
pesh_is_fresh
pesh_is_fresh | 18-10-2002 16:40
yeh i think it was easier for them to bomb in indonesia than somewhere on western soil...like they did in america cuz security is so much tighter now.
Lita
Lita | 21-10-2002 00:20
I heard that some of the American navy meant to come into the clubs... but they came a week earlier.
oh and pesh, im not sure what aus are gonna do. We're just grieving at the moment.
Zenmaster
Zenmaster | 21-10-2002 04:16
I agree with Ally and the others on the involvement of the al-Queda, because they've proven already there's no low they won't stoop too. It's really unfortunate they've chosen to attack another nation and people that have nothing to do with their "cause", etc. If you want to have a society ruled by religion, that's your option, but taking it out on others you see evil is just sad. It figures they would target a place where many people go to seek relaxation. Just a very big shame that hopefully brings everyone closer together to getting rid of these scumbags. It's a shame that it takes a tragedy to often bring people together, but I guess that's the way it goes. Certainly my thoughts with everyone that lost someone in this mess.
host
host
VYSKOČIT ULOŽIT ukládání ...
Přečtěte si více: