LetsSingIt databáze internetových textů
cs
Následovat 1
Sdílet
Přidat téma
Vyhledávání
Dark_Hawk
Dark_Hawk | 02-04-2010 04:58
Well, i just became the moderator for voz veis, and i don't know why i can't add videos for the songs... I read the topic that the annoyance posted, but i can't see the box... anybody knows why?
22 reakce
Milliye
Milliye | 02-04-2010 07:57
I don't know how to add videos either, a new guide or something seems to be needed.
TheAnnoyance
TheAnnoyance | 02-04-2010 10:51
When lyrics are added to the site, it automatically tries to find a match on YouTube, and link up a video for that song.
If on the lyrics page it says "no video found", then this site hasn't found a match.
When you say the topic i posted, i'm asuming you mean where i explained how to add videos. Thing is that was a made a few years ago now, and there isn't a way to manually add video's anymore since the automated system was put in.
Milliye
Milliye | 03-04-2010 08:06
Thank you so much for explaining. I've been wondering for quite some time now.
Dark_Hawk
Dark_Hawk | 03-04-2010 18:00
Ok, thanks for explaining... Now i know not to worry about it
TheAnnoyance
TheAnnoyance | 03-04-2010 18:31
No problem.
gostampsgo
gostampsgo | 25-04-2010 01:26
This change has created a real issue.

A lot of times (and I mean a LOT), the "automated" system does not find a video for the song (even though a simple YouTube search will provide the correct one at the top of the list), or a wrong one will be posted.

I find this quite annoying, and would like to have the ability to correct the problem in the cases when the "automated" system does not do what it is intended to do.

Just a suggestion.
Ray
Ray | 25-04-2010 12:33
Not all videos that appear on YouTube are allowed to be embedded on other websites. The automated system performs a check on this.
gostampsgo
gostampsgo | 25-04-2010 16:08
Here are some examples of videos that can be embedded and are easily found, yet for some reason aren't added by the automated system.

Song

YouTube Search

Song
YouTube Search

Song
YouTube Search

Also, there are some instances of the wrong video being posted. Here's an example:
Song
AmandyChan
AmandyChan | 15-06-2010 22:53
I agree that the system needs to be changed. I often have the problem that the WRONG video is posted, usually a slideshow or an AMV when there actually IS an official video available. I think the responsibility should go back to the moderators.
Ray
Ray | 16-06-2010 08:58
Can you give me some examples? tnx.
Schatzi
Schatzi | 21-06-2010 06:00
I definitely think moderators should still be able to have some control over the videos. Sometimes the videos for songs aren't labeled exactly as they are on here so they're not found. Also I'm almost positive the video up for moonlight serenade by frank sinatra is not frank sinatra singing but someone doing a cover of it.
AmandyChan
AmandyChan | 08-07-2010 01:19
The artist I moderate, Vic Mignogna, has an official music video for his song Je N'ai Pas De Mots up on YouTube. Has for a long time. But on the lyrics page, the video is a slideshow. It has the right song, but it bothers me that there's a video, and it's showing a slideshow of Ouran High School Host Club.

http://artists.letssingit.com/vic-mignogna-lyrics-je-nai-pas-de-mots-lp422bj
WillDockery
WillDockery | 26-07-2010 12:49
So the title of the lyric may have to *exactly* match the title of the video? That makes sense, or is there another reason? Sure would like to get this function to align!

Ray
Ray | 26-07-2010 13:27
Exact matches are not required. A video produces a matchrate based on several ingredients. The video with the best rate above a certain minimum and enabled for embedding on external sites, is linked to the song.
WillDockery
WillDockery | 26-07-2010 13:50
Does it perhaps take some time for these videos to "match up" with the songs? Mine have been up for around a week, yet the approprate (or any) video has yet to manifest on the player... I'd think the results should be quicker, or is it just not working for me?
Ray
Ray | 26-07-2010 14:19
Videos are updated periodically, so it indeed can take a short while. Of course, another reason for the songs you're talking about is that no video could be found or were not allowed to be embedded on remote sites. Can you give me the song on LSI and the video ID that you think should be added to the song? Then I can take a look into it.

Tnx!
WillDockery
WillDockery | 26-07-2010 21:33
Thanks, Ray... The entry is for my "Shadowville Speedway" CD, LSI link

And a few of the songs that should match up with the YouTube videos are:

"Twilight Girl"

YouTube link

I haven't added lyrics, et cetera to the other tracks in the listing with have videos, so maybe when I add them, they'll match up... but it seems that since so much of the info is the same on the one above that it would already match.

These others I would expect to match eventually, or I hope so:

"Black And Blue Night"

"Truck Stop Woman"

Thanks again, really enjoying it here!
WillDockery
WillDockery | 30-07-2010 17:39
Hey, Ray, thanks for the help earlier this week... whatever you did worked well on getting the videos lined up with lyrics. It would be interesting to know just what makes the video finding bot find some matches immediately and in others just misses the matches. Anyway, I have a similar situation on my Shadowville All-Stars page now:

The two songs listed so far both have long standing videos matching them, yet the bot still passes them by, at least has for a couple of days (there was speculation that the bot might eventually find the matches, but I'm not sure about that):

"She Sleeps Tight" (lyric page):

[url=]http://artists.letssingit.com/will-dockery-and-the-shadowville-all-stars-lyrics-she-sleeps-tight-7tmfzjl

"She Sleeps Tight" (YouTube video):

And "The Ride (Combat Zone)" (YouTube video):

[url=]http://artists.letssingit.com/will-dockery-and-the-shadowville-all-stars-lyrics-the-ride-combat-zone-1gtz2sr

"The Ride (Combat Zone)" (YouTube video):

[url=]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9lZ3VAmNTWc[/url]

I see, perhaps, now that I look, why these two may not have matched since the data isn't exactly the same, but I assumed it would be close enough for the bot to catch the keywords..?
WillDockery
WillDockery | 02-08-2010 14:03
Ah... looks like the links above were botched, sorry folks!
Ray
Ray | 04-08-2010 13:11
Hi!

I checked the two videos you gave. For "She Sleeps Tight" YouTube does not return the correct video. LSI searches on this query: Will Dockery & The Shadowville All Stars - She Sleeps Tight. The problem seems to be the artist name that does not match the video on YouTube that has the title She Sleeps Tight by Will Dockery & Brian Mallard. I'm not exactly sure what your exact artist name is, but if I change it on LSI to just "Will Dockery" I think all videos are correctly displayed. Adding additional artists can be done through the song edit form then.

For the second video "The Ride (Combat Zone)", YouTube does return the correct video, but the title is not mentioned in the important fields so that the video can't be matched. If this info is added on YouTube side, the video will be added correctly to LSI.
Datagutten
Datagutten | 22-12-2010 17:54
Exactly how often is the videos updated?
Could it be possible to add videos manually?
Ray
Ray | 23-12-2010 09:59
Do you mean there are songs with incorrect or no videos? Can you give me the url of these songs and the urls of the corresponding videos on YouTube?
host
host
VYSKOČIT ULOŽIT ukládání ...
Přečtěte si více: