Sdílet
Přidat téma
Vyhledávání
Schatzi
Schatzi | 30-01-2010 05:56
J. D. Salinger, Literary Recluse, Dies at 91
By CHARLES McGRATH
Published: January 28, 2010

J. D. Salinger, who was thought at one time to be the most important American writer to emerge since World War II but who then turned his back on success and adulation, becoming the Garbo of letters, famous for not wanting to be famous, died on Wednesday at his home in Cornish, N.H., where he had lived in seclusion for more than 50 years. He was 91.

Mr. Salinger's literary representative, Harold Ober Associates, announced the death, saying it was of natural causes. "Despite having broken his hip in May," the agency said, "his health had been excellent until a rather sudden decline after the new year. He was not in any pain before or at the time of his death."

You can read the rest of the article here

I'm a huge Salinger fan & I've been wanting to re-buy a few of his books that I've lost but now I feel like if I do people are going to judge me & think I'm only buying them because he passed. Whenever I go to the bookstore by my job the ladies that work there always have the weirdest offensive comments.
5 reakce
TheMellowRiot
TheMellowRiot | 30-01-2010 06:38
Well if you admire this person and really like his works then nothing should stop you from buying and reading his books. Well i want to look up and read some of his work too now (not cause he's dead, but, because you like his writings so much)...any suggestions?
Schatzi
Schatzi | 30-01-2010 06:56
I'm quite sure I've already read them all, he didn't write many. His most popular is Catcher in the Rye. However my favourites are Nine Stories & Franny and Zooey.
Execujetv12
Execujetv12 | 30-01-2010 07:37
RIP J.D Salinger.
Olivevoile
Olivevoile | 30-01-2010 23:14
Yes,he's gone. we all (who likes his books) feel desperately sorry. Nevertheless he has lived a long life and the life he desired
indiechick_
indiechick_ | 01-02-2010 12:26
buy it online? the amazon bot won't judge you

out of his works, i only read catcher in the rye. good book.

host
host
VYSKOČIT ULOŽIT ukládání ...
Přečtěte si více: