Následovat 0
Sdílet
Přidat téma
Vyhledávání
fAIThOPEandlOVE
fAIThOPEandlOVE | 22-01-2010 09:21
Muslims Angry Over U.S. Military 'Jesus' Rifles
Thursday, January 21, 2010

Combat rifle sights used by U.S. forces in Iraq and Afghanistan carry secret references to Bible verses.
Muslim groups reacted angrily Wednesday after it emerged that the U.S. military is using combat rifle sights inscribed with coded Biblical references.

Army officials have said they will investigate whether a Michigan defense contractor violated federal procurement rules by stamping references to Bible verses on the gun sights used by American forces to kill enemy fighters in Iraq and Afghanistan.

The Washington-based Council on American-Islamic Relations on Wednesday said the continued use of the sights with the religious references would send a negative message to the Muslim world.

"The use of military equipment with hidden Bible references sends the false message to Muslims worldwide that we are at war with Islam," said CAIR Legal Counsel Nadhira Al-Khalili. "In addition, these sights are a potential recruiting tool for anti-American forces, endanger our troops and alienate our Muslim allies. They should we withdrawn as soon as logistically possible."

The Marine Corps, another major customer of the telescoping sights that allow troops to pinpoint targets day or night, says service acquisition officials plan to meet with Trijicon to discuss future purchases of the company's gear.

"If determined to be true, this is clearly inappropriate and we are looking into possible remedies," Commander Darryn James, a Pentagon spokesman, told AFP.

The references have stoked concerns by a watch dog group about whether the inscriptions break a government rule that bars proselytizing by American troops. But military officials said the citations don't violate the ban and they won't stop using the tens of thousands of telescoping sights that have already been bought.

The codes were used as "part of our faith and our belief in service to our country," Trijicon said.

"As long as we have men and women in danger, we will continue to do everything we can to provide them with both state-of-the-art technology and the never-ending support and prayers of a grateful nation," a company spokesman said on condition of anonymity.

Trijicon said it has been longstanding company practice to put the Scripture citations on the equipment. Tom Munson, Trijicon's director of sales and marketing, said the company has never received any complaints until now.

"We don't publicize this," Munson said in a recent interview. "It's not something we make a big deal out of. But when asked, we say, 'Yes, it's there.'"

The inscriptions are subtle and appear in raised lettering at the end of the stock number. Trijicon's rifle sights use tritium, a radioactive form of hydrogen, to create light and help shooters hit what they're aiming for.

Markings on the Advanced Combat Optical Gunsight, which is standard issue to U.S. special operations forces, include "JN8:12," a reference to John 8:12: "Then spake Jesus again unto them, saying, 'I am the light of the world: he that followeth me shall not walk in darkness, but shall have the light of life,'" according to the King James version of the Bible.

The Trijicon Reflex sight is stamped with 2COR4:6, a reference to part of the second letter of Paul to the Corinthians: "For God, who commanded the light to shine out of darkness, hath shined in our hearts, to give the light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Jesus Christ," the King James version reads.

Photos posted on a Defense Department Web site show Iraqi forces training with rifles equipped with the inscribed sights.

The Defense Department is a major customer of Trijicon's. In 2009 alone, the Marine Corps signed deals worth $66 million for the company's products. Trijicon's scopes and optical devices for guns range in cost from a few hundred dollars to $13,000, according to the company's Web site.

Mikey Weinstein, president of the Military Religious Freedom Foundation, says the Trijicon sights could give the Taliban and other enemy forces a propaganda tool: that American troops are Christian crusaders invading Muslim countries.

"I don't have to wonder for a nanosecond how the American public would react if citations from the Quran were being inscribed onto these U.S. armed forces gun sights instead of New Testament citations," Weinstein said. The foundation is a nonprofit organization opposed to religious favoritism within the military.

Weinstein said he has received complaints about the Scripture citations from active-duty and retired members of the military. He said he couldn't identify them because they fear retaliation.

A spokesman for U.S. Central Command, which manages military operations in Iraq and Afghanistan, said the sights don't violate the ban on proselytizing because there's no effort to distribute the equipment beyond the U.S. troops who use them.

"This situation is not unlike the situation with U.S. currency," said the spokesman, Air Force Maj. John Redfield. "Are we going to stop using money because the bills have 'In God We Trust' on them? As long as the sights meet the combat needs of troops, they'll continue to be used."
26 do 45 z 45 reakce
strana 2 z 2
JuiceBoxJoe
JuiceBoxJoe | 24-01-2010 03:03
* offtopic :
modding is becoming a full time job i see
fishmunky
fishmunky | 24-01-2010 04:30
only when we get over run by fundamentalists...on both sides

the extremely religious and those on the extreme anti religious stance are 2 cuts from the same overly dogmatic ridiculous cloth

the reality is the U.S was founded on the ideas of seperation of separation of church and state, a place of absolute freedom, of association, of speech and of religion

christianity isn't the official religion of the United States, because frankly the U.S doesn't have one, the majority of citizens may be of the Christian persuasion but in the grand scheme it means nothing

for a guy so concerned about freedom, maybe it would be nice to take time out and consider the freedom of others

i love how every white christian male immediately picks up the being persecuted page every time something they don't like happens, its ridiculous, like to the point where its getting embarrassing
vandy
vandy | 24-01-2010 05:26
especially since those WASPy Christian males are the ones in power.
Cyd
Cyd | 24-01-2010 06:34
I haven't seen a hardcore xian like ludman in a while, so i'll assume they're still a dying and not care
fAIThOPEandlOVE
fAIThOPEandlOVE | 26-01-2010 01:00
blah,blah,blah,blah... sos!
CARD THIS CARD THAT,simpletons.YOU CAN AND BE ALL YOU WANT - I'LL STILL DECLARE GOD and GOD alone!
woohoo jesus!
TheMellowRiot
TheMellowRiot | 26-01-2010 01:08
flavor
flavor | 29-01-2010 16:38
I liked the posts. In my opinion the world has an end, humans have an end, u are at liberty to worship or believe what u want, where ur soul ends up is b/w u and ur belief. I am a christian and i feel a sense of disgust when u see people bieng extremist. for the record i was thinking about Westborough Baptist Church, yea those people give christianity a bad name. i also appreciate Islam because they have really good values to teach, but then again some take it to the extreme. But i am christian thru n thru
fAIThOPEandlOVE
fAIThOPEandlOVE | 02-02-2010 04:38
AND ANOTHER ATTEMPT...

Neo-Pagans Get Worship Circle at Air Force Academy

Monday, February 01, 2010
Air Force Academy

Stonehenge on the Rockies? This stone circle will soon be dedicated as the U.S. Air Force Academy's first official neo-pagan place of worship.
Stonehenge on the Rockies? This stone circle will soon be dedicated as the U.S. Air Force Academy's first official neo-pagan place of worship.

Witches, Druids and pagans rejoice! The Air Force Academy in Colorado is about to recognize its first Wiccan prayer circle, a Stonehenge on the Rockies that will serve as an outdoor place of worship for the academy's neo-pagans.

Wiccan cadets and officers on the Colorado Springs base have been convening for over a decade, but the school will officially dedicate a newly built circle of stones on about March 10, putting the outdoor sanctuary on an equal footing with the Protestant, Catholic, Jewish and Buddhist chapels on the base.

"When I first arrived here, Earth-centered cadets didn't have anywhere to call home," said Sgt. Robert Longcrier, the lay leader of the neo-pagan groups on base.

"Now, they meet every Monday night, they get to go on retreats, and they have a stone circle."

Academy officials had no tally of the number of Wiccan cadets at the school of 4,500, but said they had been angling to set up a proper space since the academic year began.

"That's one of the newer groups," said John Van Winkle, a spokesman for the academy. "They've had a worship circle on base for some time and we're looking to get them an official one."

The Air Force recognizes several distinct forms of neo-paganism, including Dianic Wicca, Seax Wicca, Gardnerian Wicca, shamanism and Druidism, according to Pagan groups that track the information.

Since a 2004 survey of cadets on the base revealed dozens of instances of harassment and intolerance, superintendent Michael Gould has made religious tolerance a priority.

Yet Van Winkle, the academy spokesman, said he could not confirm whether the school's superintendent or senior staff would attend the dedication ceremony.

"(We) haven't gotten that far yet: First we have to get a date, and then once we get a date for the dedication ceremony we'll see who's going to be available for it," he told FoxNews.com.

"Once we get a date that's going to be the real driving force for who's going to attend."

IT'S TIME FOR TRUE BELIEVERS TO DO AS THAT SONG SAYS...
"Lift our hands to the sky
and when the world wonders why
we'll just tell them we're praising our King!"
vandy
vandy | 02-02-2010 07:17
people have to be free to choose Christ.
that means they must also be free to choose anything else.
Christians must stop forcing Christ, and start showing the world his loving ways.

Peter, I disagree with just about everything you say, and I do not like the example of Christ you think youre providing. But it sure give me a chance to bring out my argumentative nature.
fAIThOPEandlOVE
fAIThOPEandlOVE | 04-02-2010 03:46
OH WELL,YOU are ENTITLED AN OPINION TOO,THOUGH YOU KNOW SOMETHING - IT MAY MAKE YOU FEEL BETTER TO ARGUE BUT PERHAPS YOU SHOULD STAND UP a little more FOR my opinion;INSTEAD OF ALIGNING YOURSELF WITH THE WORLDLY MAJORITY AND ignoring my right to a different opinion by carding me and ending the post's I righteously begin.

*note from moderator*
Please remember there is a rule against all caps. You've been here long enough to know the rules. If they were no explicitly told to you, they are listed in the rules of the forum.
Schatzi
Schatzi | 04-02-2010 06:10
She didn't card you.
fAIThOPEandlOVE
fAIThOPEandlOVE | 05-02-2010 02:24
^WELL,MEGAN ENDED THE POSTS,AND now I see I HAVE TO DEAL WITH you.
Schatzi
Schatzi | 05-02-2010 02:39
All I'm saying is that yes you got a card but she wasn't the one that carded so it's not fair to place blame on her. But yes please lets turn this into a big deal.
vandy
vandy | 05-02-2010 02:53
How can i defend someone who claims Christ yet behaves as the furthest thing from him? It's offensive to me.

And no, in that case, I did not card you.
fAIThOPEandlOVE
fAIThOPEandlOVE | 06-02-2010 02:48
^someone who claims Christ yet behaves as the furthest thing from him

YOU know very little OF ME,AND PRACTICALLY nothing OF MY PAST - ONLY
RANDOM BITS OF COMMENTS ON A MUSIC SITE,WHICH,I ACTUALLY WRITE VERY LITTLE,CERTAINLY just a fraction of all I HAVE TO SAY - SINCE I don't type.
yeah,go on MS CHRISTIAN JUDGE AND KEEP throwing the stones.
vandy
vandy | 08-02-2010 06:10
all i have to go off of is how you treat people here...you judge people and say mean sarcastic uncalled for things often. so maybe you're right. I worded that badly.

Someone who claims Christ yet portrays him poorly on this website.
Sjakalen4
Sjakalen4 | 08-02-2010 06:23
Neo-pagans, cool.
fAIThOPEandlOVE
fAIThOPEandlOVE | 10-02-2010 20:00
AND THE HITS KEEP COMING
(THIS WORLD CONTINUALLY REJECTING ITS CREATOR)
IT'S NOT ABOUT PREACHING,OR TALKING TO STRANGERS,ITS ABOUT
FAILURE TO HONOR,AND DISOBEDIENCE OF JESUS.

Guard Arrests Him for Having Conversation About God
Wednesday, February 10, 2010
By Diane Macedo

Westfield Galleria shopping mall in Roseville, CA.
Imagine getting arrested for just striking up a conversation about religion in public.

That's what happened to California resident Matthew Snatchko in 2006 when the youth pastor initiated a conversation about God with three shoppers at the Roseville Galleria mall.

The women gave Snatchko permission to broach the subject, but a nearby store employee said they "looked nervous," so he ordered the evangelist to leave. After Snatchko refused, mall security arrested him.

"He was put in handcuffs and hauled down to the mall's security station and later booked at the local jail," said Snatchko's attorney Matthew McReynolds of the Pacific Justice Institute, a legal defense organization specializing in the defense of religious freedom.

Snatchko was later released and never charged with a crime, but he and the Justice Institute decided to challenge the constitutionality of Roseville Galleria's restrictions on conversations about topics such as religion and politics.

"He wanted to make sure that neither he nor anybody else got harassed again at this mall or the 55 other malls this company owns throughout the United States," said McReynolds.

In 2008, a California superior court ruled that the mall's ban on controversial conversations with strangers didn't violate freedom of speech.

But late last month Snatchko and the Justice Institute appealed to the state's 3rd Appellate District in Sacramento. All parties in the case are now waiting for the court to schedule a date for oral arguments or issue a ruling
Bucephalus
Bucephalus | 10-02-2010 20:35
the lesson? don't be a douche evangelist and refuse to leave a mall when they order you to.
fAIThOPEandlOVE
fAIThOPEandlOVE | 11-02-2010 18:21
HERE I AM to worship! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CoxopsRSfdU
host
host
VYSKOČIT ULOŽIT ukládání ...
Přečtěte si více: