cs
Následovat 0
Sdílet
Přidat téma
Vyhledávání
Cyd
Cyd | 12-01-2010 21:53
Article
Essentially, Japans' poor population is on the verge of living in capsule hotels. They are jam packed with not only the traditional guests (businessmen), but people who can't afford to live elsewhere.

Apparently the standard of living in Japan is very high and this is becoming common, at least for single males.. (Japan has a 15% poverty rate currently)

Soo.. how do you guys feel about this? Do you think the owners over these hotels will capitalize on the situation and inflate the rates? I mean I think it would suck if I was just trying to get a good night's sleep before work and I had to hear rowdy drunks a foot above me.

Or will a better option (some kind of section 8 housing maybe) be opened for Japan's less-fortunate?
9 reakce
Cyd
Cyd | 12-01-2010 22:09
ok guys sorry for trying to be relevant or interesting or w/e )':
carole
carole | 12-01-2010 22:40
of course capsule hotels owners will make money out of pple's misery and take advantage of the fact that people have no other choice over there.
there are lots of pple in japan who already live in cyber-cafés (that are open 24/7), they dont label themselves "homeless pple" but thats what they are...

im not sure i answered your question
zjenn4
zjenn4 | 12-01-2010 22:42
wow, that's crazy. A good idea I guess for the business man working late, but not to live in.
It's also good that lower income people can afford it though.
But I can see how it might be a real problem if you've got outliers from both groups affecting the majority of those staying there. Maybe they can have separate floors?
nanki_c
nanki_c | 12-01-2010 22:45
That is crazy. I don't think they could segregate it like that because it could easily become something people call discriminatory etc, to distintinguish by wealth bracket. Though I guess they could have a "business class" floor or something.

Those capsules look pretty unpleasant though.
PunkRckr8
PunkRckr8 | 12-01-2010 23:09
Considering the alternative is living on the streets of Japan, I see nothing wrong with the capsules. And they are way bigger than coffins; just another example of the media having nothing better to talk about.
Bucephalus
Bucephalus | 13-01-2010 18:00
i think its a good idea as long as they remain clean and kept at a safe hygiene level and don't become like a rundown ghetto type of thing. much better alternative than living on the street though
Cyd
Cyd | 13-01-2010 18:06
but it's not really fit for a home. Sleep, but not a home. There's no way to prepare a meal, or even move around really. They're bed-sized. So what happens to entire families with nowhere to go? Or do they take care of families better than individuals?
Bucephalus
Bucephalus | 13-01-2010 18:16
i think something of that size should just be for one person
indiechick_
indiechick_ | 13-01-2010 18:29
what baffles me is that working people can't afford homes. usually the homeless are jobless too. i suppose this says something about japan's minimum wage.

that second link with the picture - totally reminded me of a dog kennel. i find those hotels quite claustrophobic to be honest.
host
host
VYSKOČIT ULOŽIT ukládání ...
Přečtěte si více: