LetsSingIt databáze internetových textů
cs
Následovat 0
Sdílet
Přidat téma
Vyhledávání
Ray
Ray | 05-11-2009 14:53
The member area of LSI has been restyled. The old style was already a couple of years old and since then the standard for member based websites has changed a lot. Nowadays, it's all about friends, you create your own friend circle and share information with them.

Also, today it's all about quick access, the years of sub-menus and sub-pages are gone. Maximum information with as little clicks as possible, but without getting the feeling you're lost on the site. I like clear structures, clear site navigation, but also like to see LSI meets nowadays standards. I think with the new updates these two are perfectly in balance.

So, let's talk about the changes!

New: Artist fans

Members who add an artist to their favorites are considered as "fan" of this artist. At each artist you can find a list of all fans. This makes it easy to find and meet other members with similar taste in music.

New: VIP level

Also new is the VIP program on LSI. Being a member you can climb your way up the VIP ladder: basic (1 star), bronze (2 stars), silver (3 stars), gold (4 stars) and elite (5 stars). This program brings more flexibility in access to options on LSI. A higher VIP level gives more privileges. Right now everybody has the same rules and restrictions. With the VIP program you get awarded if you're active on the site. A higher VIP level shows that you're a dedicated user who can be trusted. Connecting VIP level to privileges is for the next phase. First the VIP levels have to be fine tuned. They have to precisely represent your activity on LSI.

More about this VIP program in the LSI help.

Changed: Friends system

The old friend functionality was more like a bookmarking system. You bookmarked your friends so that you could easily find them. You could bookmark anyone you want. This has been changed. If you want to become friends with another member, this member has to accept your request. This method opens the door to share personal information on different levels, share with everybody, share with LSI members, or share with your friends only.

New : Profile reactions

Ever want to react on something about a member, but not worth a private message? Now you can leave a reaction on the profile page of a member.

New : Myletssingit-dropdown menu

The Myletssingit options have been added to the dropdown menus. With this menu you now have quick access to all available options. Note that in the "myletssingit" section you now only find account settings. Some options have been moved, others removed:

Moved : My pictures, my friends, my favorites and my forum bookmarks

The "content-mange" options in myletssingit have moved to other parts of the site; my pictures, my friends and my favorites (before "my music") to your profile page and my forum bookmarks to the forum.

Removed : My weblogs, my page and my notepad

My page, my weblog and my notepad have been removed from LSI. These options became less popular or were often used for other purposes then what they were meant for. All weblogs have been moved to the forum category "General Discussion". Members who had their pages or notepad filled have received a message with a copy of it. So nothing is lost.

Restyled: Member profiles

With the new options mentioned earlier, the member profiles have been restyled; more fancy, more information, more options. Your own member profile is now also the place where you'll be redirected to when you log in to your account. This is also the place where you manage your pictures, friends and favorites.

Let me hear your thoughts

Thanks!

Ray
51 do 75 z 97 reakce
strana 3 z 4
indiechick_
indiechick_ | 06-11-2009 17:08
yeah i don't think we should give up a nice feature because of that, troublemakers will continue making trouble either way.

i'm all for dropping the minusing feature but i think plussing can be helpful. like anwar said, it did help detect good posts while skimming through pages..
Captain_Keeta
Captain_Keeta | 06-11-2009 21:03
I think how this site works is cool
rjog
rjog | 06-11-2009 21:38
Great work, like the changes.
Captain_Keeta
Captain_Keeta | 06-11-2009 23:01
Yes, indeed
PinkFloyd
PinkFloyd | 07-11-2009 01:01
My question/comment was never answered Ray.
tatsuyoko
tatsuyoko | 07-11-2009 07:18
thanks for ur information...XP
Ray
Ray | 07-11-2009 11:33
What was your question/comment Sierra? Can you send it through pm? Tnx!
Ledo
Ledo | 09-11-2009 20:48
thank you very much, the site needed such an update
Captain_Keeta
Captain_Keeta | 09-11-2009 21:16
Why did I get Banned Ray?
TheAnnoyance
TheAnnoyance | 09-11-2009 21:17
You getting banned by mods has nothing to do with Ray.
Captain_Keeta
Captain_Keeta | 09-11-2009 21:24
Okie Dokie
Bucephalus
Bucephalus | 10-11-2009 03:10
The stars are not needed and pointless. I feel like you just replaced one pointless feature (plus/minus thing) with another pointless feature.
Joeyy
Joeyy | 10-11-2009 08:26
"Joey, because we used to be able to "bookmark" artists, and I guess he just changed the name to fans.."
Didn't see this until this morning; thanks.
Dagor
Dagor | 10-11-2009 09:02
yeah, I liked the + side of the +/- thing a lot ... let's bring that back!
TheAnnoyance
TheAnnoyance | 10-11-2009 11:11
I agree. There should just be a plus, to mark out good posts.
Schatzi
Schatzi | 11-11-2009 03:56
I really do not enjoy the ratings showing up under everyone's names. If I really cared about someones rank/rating/whatever I would look at their profile.

I do like the idea of just a plus feature. Sure I could just make an actually post but sometimes that just seems pointless. I don't feel the need to post just to say lol or something.
Captain_Keeta
Captain_Keeta | 11-11-2009 15:47
Yeah, where is the + and - sign?
TheAnnoyance
TheAnnoyance | 11-11-2009 16:25
They were removed because people abused them.

Although, even if Ray re-introdudes just the + sign, people are still going to find a way to abuse it.
indiechick_
indiechick_ | 11-11-2009 17:01
just like people abuse every other feature. i think it's enough progress that we've already got rid of the minus feature, at least the + one has up sides.
Captain_Keeta
Captain_Keeta | 11-11-2009 18:40
Whoops. My bad.
Schatzi
Schatzi | 12-11-2009 04:36
People can be obnoxious twats with no features & tons. Twats will always be twats. I think it would be silly too if anyone really got offended by the plus. It was already a bit silly to get upset about the minus but whatever it's more understandable.
Dagor
Dagor | 12-11-2009 11:44
I wanted to plus heather's post .. now I have to make one just to tell that I agree
Joeyy
Joeyy | 15-11-2009 04:12
Clearly I'm missing something . How do we add an artist to our favourites/'become' a fan?
PinkFloyd
PinkFloyd | 15-11-2009 04:17
I had a hard time to with that.. go to the artist and click on the little paper clip by the name.
Joeyy
Joeyy | 15-11-2009 05:16
Thank youu.
host
host
VYSKOČIT ULOŽIT ukládání ...
Přečtěte si více: