LetsSingIt databáze internetových textů
cs
Následovat 0
Sdílet
Přidat téma
Vyhledávání
Ray
Ray | 05-11-2009 14:53
The member area of LSI has been restyled. The old style was already a couple of years old and since then the standard for member based websites has changed a lot. Nowadays, it's all about friends, you create your own friend circle and share information with them.

Also, today it's all about quick access, the years of sub-menus and sub-pages are gone. Maximum information with as little clicks as possible, but without getting the feeling you're lost on the site. I like clear structures, clear site navigation, but also like to see LSI meets nowadays standards. I think with the new updates these two are perfectly in balance.

So, let's talk about the changes!

New: Artist fans

Members who add an artist to their favorites are considered as "fan" of this artist. At each artist you can find a list of all fans. This makes it easy to find and meet other members with similar taste in music.

New: VIP level

Also new is the VIP program on LSI. Being a member you can climb your way up the VIP ladder: basic (1 star), bronze (2 stars), silver (3 stars), gold (4 stars) and elite (5 stars). This program brings more flexibility in access to options on LSI. A higher VIP level gives more privileges. Right now everybody has the same rules and restrictions. With the VIP program you get awarded if you're active on the site. A higher VIP level shows that you're a dedicated user who can be trusted. Connecting VIP level to privileges is for the next phase. First the VIP levels have to be fine tuned. They have to precisely represent your activity on LSI.

More about this VIP program in the LSI help.

Changed: Friends system

The old friend functionality was more like a bookmarking system. You bookmarked your friends so that you could easily find them. You could bookmark anyone you want. This has been changed. If you want to become friends with another member, this member has to accept your request. This method opens the door to share personal information on different levels, share with everybody, share with LSI members, or share with your friends only.

New : Profile reactions

Ever want to react on something about a member, but not worth a private message? Now you can leave a reaction on the profile page of a member.

New : Myletssingit-dropdown menu

The Myletssingit options have been added to the dropdown menus. With this menu you now have quick access to all available options. Note that in the "myletssingit" section you now only find account settings. Some options have been moved, others removed:

Moved : My pictures, my friends, my favorites and my forum bookmarks

The "content-mange" options in myletssingit have moved to other parts of the site; my pictures, my friends and my favorites (before "my music") to your profile page and my forum bookmarks to the forum.

Removed : My weblogs, my page and my notepad

My page, my weblog and my notepad have been removed from LSI. These options became less popular or were often used for other purposes then what they were meant for. All weblogs have been moved to the forum category "General Discussion". Members who had their pages or notepad filled have received a message with a copy of it. So nothing is lost.

Restyled: Member profiles

With the new options mentioned earlier, the member profiles have been restyled; more fancy, more information, more options. Your own member profile is now also the place where you'll be redirected to when you log in to your account. This is also the place where you manage your pictures, friends and favorites.

Let me hear your thoughts

Thanks!

Ray
26 do 50 z 97 reakce
strana 2 z 4
invisiblegenius
invisiblegenius | 05-11-2009 19:03
Looks good so far, although I personally won't be using the new friend aspects much.

I wish you would bring back the "songs" tab on the artist profiles.
TheAnnoyance
TheAnnoyance | 05-11-2009 19:05
Whats wrong with "Lyrics"?
Captain_Keeta
Captain_Keeta | 05-11-2009 19:21
Hmm. the folder is red
TheAnnoyance
TheAnnoyance | 05-11-2009 19:22
A red folder means it's a "hot topic", one that is currently getting a lot of replies.
DNA_Maniac
DNA_Maniac | 05-11-2009 23:12
Please clean up the artists section for a much simple one, i think its far from being "user friendly". thx anyway.
Ray
Ray | 05-11-2009 23:39
A more user friendly artist section? What do you suggest?
gostampsgo
gostampsgo | 06-11-2009 00:12
Great work Ray. Love the changes.
PinkFloyd
PinkFloyd | 06-11-2009 02:04
I seem to have "guests" as friends and I can't delete them. Any ideas? The only thing I can think of is maybe they were members that closed their accounts? Anyway, I'd like to remove them if possible.
Joeyy
Joeyy | 06-11-2009 04:18
"New: Artist fans

Members who add an artist to their favorites are considered as "fan" of this artist. At each artist you can find a list of all fans.
"
Not complaining, but if this is new, how come one artist I went to has fans dating back to 2006? (I've only been to this one artist so far, so I don't know if it's the same for others.)
Krade
Krade | 06-11-2009 05:12
Maximum information with as little clicks as possible

amen
PinkFloyd
PinkFloyd | 06-11-2009 05:41
Joey, because we used to be able to "bookmark" artists, and I guess he just changed the name to fans..
zjenn4
zjenn4 | 06-11-2009 06:49
I am happy the +/- feature went away. It drove me crazy.
teamo65
teamo65 | 06-11-2009 07:06
Thanks
indiechick_
indiechick_ | 06-11-2009 10:44
i second that, jen. the whole +/- thing was bad.

i just miss it when i see a really funny post.
Captain_Keeta
Captain_Keeta | 06-11-2009 12:30
Oh a "hot topic" sounds fancy
jalub
jalub | 06-11-2009 14:23
Look good to me.
JDolla
JDolla | 06-11-2009 16:13
can we just have a + option? i realize that people got pissed off when there were minuses and all, but the plusses were badass for good posts. maybe have enough plusses affect the new vip thing since good posts really do add to the site?
carole
carole | 06-11-2009 16:34
^agreed. i actually saw a couple of posts lately that made me laugh.. i think plussing them would have made the author of the post happy, so thats nice yea.
indiechick_
indiechick_ | 06-11-2009 16:51
i'll vote for that, too. plussing was nice.
Krade
Krade | 06-11-2009 16:54
yeah I didn't really see the sense of it being taken away. only because it took a while for most to get used to it after it was initially vetoed, and then when it did finally become a part of a routine thing it's gone

only plussing sounds like a good idea, but don't think that even a positive rating system won't be exploited. i don't know, off the top of my head, plus a person's post in the how you doin' thread when they're feeling down? no way to neutralize it. it wouldn't and hasn't bothered me but I can think of several who would spasm

I was all for the rating system initially, helped highlight posts that were potentially worth reading when I skimmed through pages. but itr also helped people hide behind their desks while giving binary answers to discussions
talula68082
talula68082 | 06-11-2009 16:56
i think the best way to let someone know that you appreciate their post is to comment/reply in the topic. that also keeps conversation going and makes the forum more lively.
Ray
Ray | 06-11-2009 16:57
First positive comments on the plussing since introduced. You can make me I'm gonna make a topic about it in which you all can drop your thoughts. You gonna fight out what it is going to be and last man standing gets the deal.

Deal?
carole
carole | 06-11-2009 16:58
"i don't know, off the top of my head, plus a person's post in the how you doin' thread when they're feeling down? no way to neutralize it."

good point.
i guess we can just resort to posting "hey your post was funny/smart"
carole
carole | 06-11-2009 16:58
^ what kara said. (im slow, sorry)
JDolla
JDolla | 06-11-2009 17:00
to be fair, anything done to enhance the site will ultimately be exploited by those who wish to cause a problem. the plus/minus leaded to retarded fights, the VIP will lead to much higher spamming (keeta now has another reason to post everywhere), and pm's have led to harassment (Ludman, WH1, and the such).

the risk for abuse can't be the sole factor in deciding additions to the site, because if that becomes the case we'll never get new features
host
host
VYSKOČIT ULOŽIT ukládání ...
Přečtěte si více: