LetsSingIt databáze internetových textů
cs
Následovat 0
Sdílet
Přidat téma
Vyhledávání
Ray
Ray | 04-06-2009 12:33
In the last couple of months I've been updating LSI. Although most of the updates were on the backend of the site, some were also on the font-end, the visible part of the site :

Genre

New info on songs and artists : genre. The artist genre follows from the song genres. A song genre can only be added by a moderator. There is not option to do this through the public review system yet. This follows later.

Songs and albums on single page

The internet world becomes faster and faster. The user wants more relevant content in fewer clicks. Therefore LSI presents song content, (lyrics, video & review) now on one single page. Also the album content (track list & review) is on one page.

Rank history

You're probably familiar with the LSI Rank. Now the rank history for each artist, movie, album and song is available.

Referring urls

Just a funny option : see what external urls people followed in the last 24 hours to a song or album page on LSI. See the link "referring urls" on song and album pages.

New style artists maps

The left column of all pages within an artist and movie map have been restyled to one default style. It shows a picture (if available), genre, rank, moderator info and a search this artist/movie box.

Featured artist overview

Did you miss yesterday's featured artist? Or do you want to know which one is featured artist tomorrow? You can now check it on the featured artist overview.

That's it!
Comments are always welcome

Ray
11 reakce
TheAnnoyance
TheAnnoyance | 04-06-2009 15:08
Good updates

One thing i noticed though, is in the "artists" section, the new "featured artists" tab isn't viewable on the review and add artist pages. Just thought i'd point it out. =p
Captain_Keeta
Captain_Keeta | 04-06-2009 23:52
Alright Ray. Thanks
Ray
Ray | 07-06-2009 11:24
"featured artists" tabs added, nice catch
gostampsgo
gostampsgo | 15-06-2009 00:22
I absolutely love this site Ray; you've done an awesome job making this, in my opinion, the best lyrics website on the internet.

The only suggestion I can offer is to give us the ability to edit our posts. Fixing mistakes that way is much better than making a second post saying, "whoops; this is what I meant..."
Ray
Ray | 15-06-2009 11:00
Thanks for the compliments, appreciate it

About the post-edit. That's not quite that simple. A next post is often a response to the previous one. If the previous one is changed, things suddenly don't make sense anymore. Ofcourse this doens't apply if the edit is used for spelling corrections only, but that would not be the case. So what's said is said. Just in real life. That's good, it lets you think twice first.

I know there were some discussions about this subject in the forum in the past. Perhaps you can check the opinion of the crowd again. I just make what the crowd wants to see
TheAnnoyance
TheAnnoyance | 15-06-2009 15:59
I agree with Ray. If he made post-editing available to everyone, people would just take advantage of it.
If it was used just for correcting spelling mistakes and everyone in the world was honest, it would be great. But in reality, people would probably just use it badly, like to insult someone, wait untill that person has seen it, and then edit their post and act they didnt do anything.
Unfortuantly, i think this forum is better off without that power.
gostampsgo
gostampsgo | 15-06-2009 21:00
I see.

I guess my only concern with the "once posted, it's written in stone" policy is, if and when someone writes things that are slanderous and vulgar, it creates a real eyesore for anyone who looks at the page. And it's worse because everyone knows that it's there permanently.

Also, a momentary lapse in judgment should not mean that the person who made that bad post should have their reputation haunted by it forever.

A possible middle ground would be to give moderators the power to edit posts (text part only) that are posted in pages applicable to the moderated artist.

Just my 2 cents.
Jem_n_Holograms
Jem_n_Holograms | 18-06-2009 00:44
Hi Rey!

Could you add more music genres in the future?

Captain_Keeta
Captain_Keeta | 22-06-2009 22:46
Rey? Its Ray

i do agree with James
Jem_n_Holograms
Jem_n_Holograms | 23-06-2009 06:02
TYPO ERROR. I know it's RAY.
gostampsgo
gostampsgo | 23-06-2009 07:07
See how annoying it can be?
host
host