cs

Changes in moderating system

Následovat 0
Sdílet
Přidat téma
Vyhledávání
Ray
Ray | 22-01-2009 11:48
First update of the year! Moderating artists and movies becomes easier.

As you know, the review-corner on LSI holds all submitted material of artists and movies that have no moderator, reviewing this material is done publicly.

When an artist or movie does have a moderator, the submitted material was sent directly to the moderator by message. The moderator then used the mod tools and some copy-paste to process this material. This method has changed.

This material is now also put in a review-queue, which only the moderator can access. Each artist and movie has its own queue, which are accessible through the moderating page in myletssingit. It gives for each artist and movie how many items there are waiting in the queue.

Notification

When new items are waiting in the queue to be reviewed, you'll be notified by message.

Transfer to public review corner

Items stay in this queue for 4 weeks. When the moderator does not process it within these 4 weeks, the item is auto transferred to the public review system. In this way, submitted material will always find its way to the site even when a moderator does not process it.

Easier

With this new system, moderating becomes easier. It not only bundles many actions into one single mouse click, it also helps you thinking. For example, it monitors what exactly is submitted (right format, no double, etc) and in case of corrected lyrics, it highlights for you the words that have been changed.

Moderator-notes removal

With above mentioned highlighting, LSI standardizes the way corrected lyrics are submitted. One format only. So bringing out a message as moderator how corrections need to be done (as 'fake' song or album or put within the lyrics itself) with messages as "by putting an * around the corrected parts" or "or in BLOCKLETTERS", that is not needed anymore. So to the moderators, please remove these messages.

Comments and suggestions.... as usual... I'm all ears!
5 reakce
TheAnnoyance
TheAnnoyance | 22-01-2009 14:20
Much better
FluffCat
FluffCat | 22-01-2009 16:07
Oh, I was wondering why I couldn't log in for a while this morning! This new system looks like a smart improvement, assuming it all ends up working like it should. I especially like the idea of highlighted corrections in lyrics submissions; I'm sure that'll be a relief to all those moderators of really popular artists.

Unfortunately, there seems to be a couple of bugs in the new set up. When I go to ANY artist now and click "add new lyrics" I get the "This artist has no moderator which means that new submitted lyrics will be placed in the review corner...etc." message, even when the artist is in fact moderated. In addition to that, the verification codes are showing up as "XXXXX", which means it's currently impossible to submit new lyrics. Hopefully, you'll have that fixed soon.

Joeyy
Joeyy | 22-01-2009 16:32
My artists still say I'm the moderator, but I don't see a place to edit lyrics, etc, anymore.

When I click on (in the review corner) - for example - "New artist" or "New lyrics", which say __ pending, I can only see one of the waiting artists/lyrics/so on. I suppose I'm missing something, but where are the other *however many* pending?

* offtopic :
"In addition to that, the verification codes are showing up as "XXXXX", which means it's currently impossible to submit new lyrics"
That happens to me whenever I try to add a new artist, though not to anyone else, it seems :S.

I should love the highlighting feature.

Thanks Ray.
FluffCat
FluffCat | 22-01-2009 19:44
* offtopic :
Ah, nevermind my comment about the "XXXXX" code issue, looks like that's an ongoing problem with all or most verification codes on LSI in Firefox. I just tried again in IE and it's working okay. Sigh. I wish this site had better compatibility with FF--it's a shame to shut out such a popular browser.

"My artists still say I'm the moderator, but I don't see a place to edit lyrics, etc, anymore."

It looks like I can still edit the songs of my artists and suggest lyrics corrections to others. Still, I wish there was a link for submitting corrections under the "Page Tools" section on each lyrics page to supplement the tiny icon there is now. Some people might not notice it at all (I know I didn't at first).

I also just tried out the new lyrics correction tool. While the highlighting feature works (in IE, anyway ) and looks good, I was hoping the highlight would show up on the corrected lyrics section rather than on the changed line in the original song lyrics. Or on both. It's still helpful this way, though. Very nice.
zjenn4
zjenn4 | 28-01-2009 22:24
so far, I like the improvement. it's faster and easier to update lyrics now when someone PMs you changes. also, now i can see where people made changes (when using IE) because it highlights it, 'cause most of the time people would forget to start or CAP things and I would be unsure of what they were wanting me to fix. so yes, thanks! so far, so good.
host
host
VYSKOČIT ULOŽIT ukládání ...
Přečtěte si více: