cs

LSI back online!

Následovat 0
Sdílet
Přidat téma
Vyhledávání
Ray
Ray | 02-06-2008 10:55
LSI is finally back online after the longest downtime in its history. Due to an explosion last Saturday at one of the datacenter that holds LSI servers LSI was down for 34 hours.

LSI recently added new servers to guarantee an even better uptime and faster response of the site. But there always seems to be bigger problems that can ruin ideas and plans. The LSI servers are stored in various datacenters at our hosting provider The Planet. In one of these datacenters the electrical equipment room exploded destroying the entire main power cabling. The explosion blew the walls of this room several feet from their position. Fortunately, nobody was injured. Four LSI servers were in this datacenter. With these servers offline, LSI was offline.

With all 9,000 servers in this datacenter offline The Planet has been working around the clock with full manpower to get the servers back online asap. Although not all servers in this datacenter are currently online yet, the LSI servers belong to those that they brought back online. So LSI is back online!

Last I would compliment the Planet with their adequate response to this situation. A knocked down datacenter seems to me to be the worst thing that can happen to a hosting provider. Bringing back the majority of the servers back online then in only 34 hours is an absolute great job.

Adios!
Ray
3 reakce
TheAnnoyance
TheAnnoyance | 02-06-2008 14:23
Yay
JDolla
JDolla | 02-06-2008 18:14
i red an article about that last night and instantly thought that might be the culprit. i'm amazed it came online as quickly as it did. props to the people at The Planet.
Pop_killer
Pop_killer | 03-06-2008 17:18
I wondered what was going on. Sounds like they got pwned, that's a big bang.

Still, pretty amazing that the servers are back on already. Equally amazing they're still in one piece if the walls arent.
host
host
VYSKOČIT ULOŽIT ukládání ...
Přečtěte si více: