the natural laws of nature and ok'ed lesbians
and homosexuals to dysfunctionally marry in
that now Sodom and Gomorrah state.

title of this thread has been changed -- PF
26 do 50 z 190 reakce
strana 2 z 8
KateKateKate
KateKateKate | 11-10-2007 20:03
Yes but you are implying the sin was homosexuality...gang rape is rather grave, is you ask me, Homosexuality is just a little piece of the puzzle, in fact it is probably completely irrelevant. Sodomy was/is used as a means of humiliation. It has nothing to do with homosexual orientation, they (who are usually STRAIGHT themselves, so don't get this confused) just use their penis and the penetration as a means to humiliate a straight man.

I think God cares much more about gang rape, humiliation, and dehumanization than about homosexuality.
superman14
superman14 | 11-10-2007 23:15
I think God cares much more about gang rape, humiliation, and dehumanization than about homosexuality.

I think He views sin as sin
PinkFloyd
PinkFloyd | 11-10-2007 23:17
Sins are sins, we all sin, I know you have, we all have, so we are all going to hell? I highly doubt it, there wouldn't even be a Heaven if it was impossible to get in to.
PinkFloyd
PinkFloyd | 11-10-2007 23:18
Well, there isn't a hell or heaven anyway.
Dagor
Dagor | 12-10-2007 01:05
who wants to go to heaven anyway ... it's boooooooring
KateKateKate
KateKateKate | 12-10-2007 04:26
Yes, sin is sin, but then is homosexuality a sin? The story of Sodom and Gomorrah doesn't really give us enough information to say that.
KateKateKate
KateKateKate | 12-10-2007 04:42
In fact, for thousands of years NO ONE who wrote about Sodom and Gomorrah mentioned homosexuality as being one of the sins. They listed a lot. They listed inhospitality, greed, pride, gluttony. But never homosexuality. Homosexuality was only linked after the destruction of the temple in 70 CE. And again, not BEING homosexual, or having a consensual homosexual relationship, rather, they were comparing it to the male prostitution and to the relationships between adult men and young boys, never ever between two loving, consenting adults. If homosexuality was one of the sins of Sodom, why was it never mentioned? And the only reason they mentioned it in the first place was to keep Jewish identity because of the cultural pressure at the time of the invading Greeks...but then again, it still wasn't about homosexuality in itself.

In Mark 6:11, Jesus says about the people in the Jewish cities who banned his disciples:

And whosoever shall not receive you, nor hear you, when ye depart thence, shake off the dust under your feet for a testimony against them. Verily I say unto you, It shall be more tolerable for Sodom and Gomorrha in the day of judgement, than for that city.

This was the perfect time for Jesus to mention that homosexuality was wrong...but he didn't. He was comparing the inhospitality of Sodom to the inhospitality of the cities he was in. He never said a thing about homosexuality. It's interesting.

And the bible says sodomite when the speak of homosexuals. And in the modern way of using the word it means someone who has gay sex but in terms of the bible it means someone who was having same sex relations as a means of pagan worship.

So in short, the story of Sodom and Gomorrah offers nothing about homosexuality. Nothing. That's all there is to it.
superman14
superman14 | 12-10-2007 15:58
In Mark 6:11, Jesus says about the people in the Jewish cities who banned his disciples:

And whosoever shall not receive you, nor hear you, when ye depart thence, shake off the dust under your feet for a testimony against them. Verily I say unto you, It shall be more tolerable for Sodom and Gomorrha in the day of judgement, than for that city.

This was the perfect time for Jesus to mention that homosexuality was wrong...but he didn't. He was comparing the inhospitality of Sodom to the inhospitality of the cities he was in. He never said a thing about homosexuality. It's interesting.

And the bible says sodomite when the speak of homosexuals. And in the modern way of using the word it means someone who has gay sex but in terms of the bible it means someone who was having same sex relations as a means of pagan worship.

So in short, the story of Sodom and Gomorrah offers nothing about homosexuality. Nothing. That's all there is to it.

Must I use the Bible against you? I guess I must so here: (All verses are NKJV, and the word fornication is a literal word for Homosexuality)

2 Corinthians 12:21
lest, when I come again, my God will humble me among you, and I shall mourn for many who have sinned before and have not repented of the uncleanness, fornication, and lewdness which they have practiced.

Galatians 5:18-20
But if you are led by the Spirit, you are not under the law.
Now the works of the flesh are evident, which are: adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lewdness, idolatry, sorcery, hatred, contentions, jealousies, outbursts of wrath, selfish ambitions, dissensions, heresies,

Ephesians 5:3
But fornication and all uncleanness or covetousness, let it not even be named among you, as is fitting for saints;

Now do you really think that you can argue with the Word of the most high?

Awesomewassum
Awesomewassum | 12-10-2007 16:08
have superman14 and wh1 meet? its like they love each other. maybe they are secret homosexual???!!!! I hear they llegalized gay marrige in Iowa if you need to get married.
superman14
superman14 | 12-10-2007 16:12
have superman14 and wh1 meet? its like they love each other. maybe they are secret homosexual???!!!! I hear they llegalized gay marrige in Iowa if you need to get married.

Never met the guy. He is though a strong man of faith in the Lord Jesus Christ. He's married, and I am extreamly straight myself. I don't even know why I'm arguing this. Anyways go Jesus!
Awesomewassum
Awesomewassum | 12-10-2007 16:14
just wondering
superman14
superman14 | 12-10-2007 16:15

Must I use the Bible against you? Did you not read my other post? Here ya go: (All verses are NKJV, and the word fornication is a literal word for Homosexuality)

2 Corinthians 12:21
lest, when I come again, my God will humble me among you, and I shall mourn for many who have sinned before and have not repented of the uncleanness, fornication, and lewdness which they have practiced.

Galatians 5:18-20
But if you are led by the Spirit, you are not under the law.
Now the works of the flesh are evident, which are: adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lewdness, idolatry, sorcery, hatred, contentions, jealousies, outbursts of wrath, selfish ambitions, dissensions, heresies,

Ephesians 5:3
But fornication and all uncleanness or covetousness, let it not even be named among you, as is fitting for saints;

Point proven
Awesomewassum
Awesomewassum | 12-10-2007 16:17
man you can slap me with bible if you want im still going to make fun of you.
Dagor
Dagor | 12-10-2007 16:19
how can you know that you are extremely straight until you had sex with a girl? You can tell a lot ...
Awesomewassum
Awesomewassum | 12-10-2007 16:21
Dagor does have a point.
look that up in the bible...
superman14
superman14 | 12-10-2007 16:22
man you can slap me with bible if you want im still going to make fun of you.

Hey that's cool bro
superman14
superman14 | 12-10-2007 16:24
how can you know that you are extremely straight until you had sex with a girl? You can tell a lot ...

That's stupid. I can easily tell. I am attracted to girls. I'm sexually attracted to them as well. (you asked) I'm not one bit attracted to a dude. That simple
Awesomewassum
Awesomewassum | 12-10-2007 16:26
i think you to choke the chicken to get rid of some rage...
superman14
superman14 | 12-10-2007 16:27
i think you to choke the chicken to get rid of some rage...

Come again?
KateKateKate
KateKateKate | 12-10-2007 17:59
Actually, there wasn't a word for homosexuality in Biblical times. I have a list of all the words (in their original language) that were used when describing things that supposedly made homosexuality "forbidden" and I can list them for you if you want and all the translations for them.

But yes, I'd like you to tell me what the original word in the original language was for fornaication and how that came to be used for homosexuality. And then we can debate further from there.
KateKateKate
KateKateKate | 12-10-2007 18:01
Although superman has a point...you don't need to have sex with a woman/man in order to know your sexual orientation. I've been attracted to women for as long as I can remember, and I've never had sex with a woman, or a man, but I'm comfortable saying that I like women. Many people know they're straight before having sex and same goes for gays and lesbians.
Dagor
Dagor | 12-10-2007 18:35
weird ... there isn't a word for 'fornication' at all in german nor in dutch.
I am still not sure what it means, and even the dictionary translates it into a word with extremely broad sense.

Kate, if you have that list of original words and translations, I would be very interested in it!
Dagor
Dagor | 12-10-2007 18:37
the translation in german would be 'unzucht', which means as much as un-discipline
Bucephalus
Bucephalus | 12-10-2007 18:38
californication
KateKateKate
KateKateKate | 12-10-2007 18:42
I can tell you what fornication means in English. It means sex before marriage. So if you're unmarried and you have sex with someone else who isn't married, then it's fornication. If one of the two parties is married, it is adultery.

I have the list of words on my home computer, but for now a site that I think is really interesting (I've ordered the book, and I can't wait to read it) is this site here:

This site.

It includes some of the words that I know of and their translations and meaning in the context of the time it was in and it also includes different interpretations of many of the things that anti-gay Christians choose to use against homosexuality. It's a bit lengthly, and has a lot of information in it but you can gain something from it even through skimming through it.

Also if you look, they are very, very Christian based. They've actually got a section on how to speak about Jesus. They're evangilical. But nonetheless the research is very good and very thorough if you're interested in homosexuality in the Biblical context.
host
host
VYSKOČIT ULOŽIT ukládání ...
Přečtěte si více: