Led Zeppelin Reuniting For A Show

Následovat 0
Sdílet
Přidat téma
Vyhledávání
EzyRyder
EzyRyder | 26-06-2007 16:48
First let me say this: "I'm not worthy!"

Rock legends Led Zeppelin will reportedly reunite for a one-off memorial concert in honor of their late record boss.

If true, it would mark the third time that the '70s legends have played since disbanding. The band has only performed a handful of concerts, since their split in 1980 following the death of drummer John Bonham. But singer Robert Plant, guitarist Jimmy Page and bassist John Paul Jones will re-group alongside Bonham's son Jason for a special concert in memory of Atlantic Records founder Ahmet Ertegun in London.

A source says, "Page, Plant and Jones spoke and agreed to do the memorial concert. They are waiting for a definite date."

"And no one can quite believe it, but during discussions about the concert they all gave the green light to a tour if it all does well and they don't all fall out."

"It has been hoped for and denied for years. But this is the closest they have ever come to a reunion tour. The feeling is that this is going to happen next year."

Ertegun died in December after seven weeks in a coma following a fall at a Rolling Stones concert. The likes of Eric Clapton, Neil Young, Stevie Nicks, and Crosby, Stills & Nash all played his New York memorial in April of this year.

Credits for the report to Yahoo!News.

got it off UG though
5 reakce
angelsfreeek
angelsfreeek | 27-06-2007 05:43
My mouth is still coming up off the ground from when I heard the news earlier today. This is AWESOME!! I missed the last Zep concert with John Bonham by about 8 years, being 19 and all. But this might actually be my chance if they decide to tour!!
angelsfreeek
angelsfreeek | 27-06-2007 05:45
Sorry for the DP, but just to clarify, it'll be my chance to see Zep with a Bonham, as well as Page, Plant, and Jones.
glow_child_glow
glow_child_glow | 27-06-2007 07:53
ferking sheat yeah motherlicker!!!!! This is awesome!
EzyRyder
EzyRyder | 28-06-2007 06:02
Expected a much larger response...
Where are all the zepp fans??!!!
EzyRyder
EzyRyder | 02-07-2007 09:22
It was just a rumour...

For several days, a skepticism-inducing rumor has been making its way around the Internet, claiming that Led Zeppelin will reunite for a show memorializing late Atlantic Records co-founder Ahmet Ertegun, then head out on a tour.

Robert Plant himself has now reportedly denied these claims, according to RollingStone.com, and even made a joke about the purported reunion: "If there was one, then there wouldn't be enough doctors to support it!"

If the reunion happened, it would mark the third time that the '70s legends have played since disbanding. The band has only performed a handful of concerts, since their split in 1980 following the death of drummer John Bonham.

Ahmet Ertegun died in December after seven weeks in a coma following a fall at a Rolling Stones concert. The likes of Eric Clapton, Neil Young, Stevie Nicks, and Crosby, Stills & Nash all played his New York memorial in April of this year.
host
host
VYSKOČIT ULOŽIT ukládání ...
Přečtěte si více: