LudMan | 17-04-2007 06:13
.... confess me before men,him shall I also confess before my father which is
in heaven."

Response?
1 do 25 z 43 reakce
strana 1 z 2
mikey_boy
mikey_boy | 17-04-2007 06:17
bible quotes always leave my head in circles and makes me wonder how in hell people actually comprehend anything it says.
vandy
vandy | 17-04-2007 09:28
sounds good. I've got one for you, you'll have to tell me what you think:

So Jesus said to them, "Very truly I tell you, unless you eat the flesh of the Son of Man and drink his blood, you have no life in you. THose who eat my flesh and drink my blood have eternal life and I will raise them up on the last day, for my flesh is true food and my blood is true drink." (John 6:53-55)

And later, verse 66:
"Because of this, many of his disciples turned back and no longer went about with him."
DarXide
DarXide | 17-04-2007 11:42
Metaphors? If not, that's weird =/
PunkRckr8
PunkRckr8 | 17-04-2007 13:55
"The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the iniquities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he, who in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who would attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee. "

* offtopic :
I couldn't help myself

Sgt_Pepper
Sgt_Pepper | 17-04-2007 13:56
"The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the iniquities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he who, in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of the darkness. For he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is The Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee." [Ezekiel 25:17.]
vandy
vandy | 24-04-2007 15:32
hmm...kinda surprised I didn't get a response here...
LudMan
LudMan | 21-08-2007 10:56
No,actually you shouldn't be surprised at all - not when I spoke openly on a thread before,and,to you personally in private mail, that,
I should be contacted directly if someone wants to question me personally.

See now,I haven't backed up to this thread in over 3 mos.

Now that I do see it I'll answer,although you might never see this but,I won't spend the time typing it over again to you personally.

Elementary;the statement means true followers would go His(Jesus')route -
the whole way/the whole nine yards.Unfortunately,hardly any were willing to.
Also,many mistook His sayings as being caniballistic.

Dagor
Dagor | 21-08-2007 11:14
I am seriously starting to think about it if serial attempts of indoctrination shouldn't get banned from a site that represents all cultures and religions.
LudMan
LudMan | 21-08-2007 12:06
^yea,there y'all go, just like I said before - C E N S O R S H I P.

You liberal commies would like that.
Dagor
Dagor | 21-08-2007 12:17
It has nothing to do with censorship. It has something to do with abuse of a medium like this site. This is not a site to promote religion or doctrine of any kind.
Dagor
Dagor | 21-08-2007 12:22
And don't get me wrong ... of course discussions about religion are welcome here. It's just that your posts don't reflect an open mentality towards discussion.
vandy
vandy | 21-08-2007 20:21
lol...i posted that sooo long ago. guess you just noticed it now, eh?

anyway...i was actually kind of curious what you'd say to that as part of the Catholic backing for our beliefs about the eucharist.
LudMan
LudMan | 22-08-2007 09:59
1st Vandy - As for backing the Catholic belief you're addressing,that statement can be considered GOLD, that is,for all Catholics,who,are loyal to Catholic tradition.
(As for me and my house,former,or,"born again"Catholics,otherwise referred to as Protestants,that traditional definition is no longer applicable.
I know, it opens a whole new can.)

Secondly,Danny boy Dagor,you're being hypocritical here so just GET OVER IT. .......
LudMan
LudMan | 22-08-2007 10:28
continued^.......

The statement "abuse of a medium" as it pertains to my supposed promotion of "religion or doctrine of ANY kind" could just as well be tagged on YOU(and,
most others here-specifically the moderators who promote their own various liberal,far-Left bs).

Secondly,as far as my posts not reflecting an open mentality towards discussion,since it is the foundation of my life,Truth(yes,I know I'm guilty of substituting it for Love),cannot be,and shouldn't be,watered-down,camouflaged,changed,or altered in any way. Truth IS truth.

If you spoke to a rock,would,or should you expect an answer,or, an intelligent discussion?

See, open YOURself to the life in my words.
Even if the truth hurts,homo;I mean homie
FatJo
FatJo | 22-08-2007 10:33
*let's a dove fly into the room*

Ah! How religion ruffles feathers.
LudMan
LudMan | 22-08-2007 10:40
^Yes,you're certainly right. SO much so that it(religion) murdered THE (Love)Dove,Jesus.
Dagor
Dagor | 22-08-2007 10:41
You just proved my point. Thank you for elaborating yourself that you are not open for discussion. Therefore, I don't see how your posts contribute in any way to a discussion forum.

Where you trying to insult me with the word 'homo'?
FatJo
FatJo | 22-08-2007 10:49
I'm confused. Who killed my Dove?
Jay_The_Viking
Jay_The_Viking | 22-08-2007 19:40
Truth(yes,I know I'm guilty of substituting it for Love),cannot be,and shouldn't be,watered-down,camouflaged,changed,or altered in any way. Truth IS truth.

Corinthians 13:

If I speak in the tongues of mortals and angels, but do not have love, I am a noisy gong or a clanging symbol. And if I have prophetic powers, and understand all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have all faith, so as to remove mountains, but do not have love, I am nothing. If I give away all my possessions, and if I hand over my body to be burned, but do not have love, I am nothing.
LudMan
LudMan | 23-08-2007 07:03
^Yea,right - I don't even need to look those verses up, as I can very smoothly,and easily, bless the airwaves with my utterance of all 13 verses in
perfect sequence(as I commited this complete chapter to memory years ago.) If you want me to I'd recite it in your wedding in about 20-25yrs IF you
weren't already married and divorced by then(Liar,you're NOT five years young,baby).
PS you misquoted 13:3,it states "it profits me nothing".not"I am nothing",that's in 13:2(about the roughest standard to live up to in His word.)

HOWEVER,thanks alot for your EXTRA CONDEMNATION which,doesn't seem to actually be further conviction SINCE I'D ALREADY OPENLY CONFESSED my
shortcoming in this area.
God bless you in your ?(wisdom)?knowledge in this area,maybe we'll both pray for you to be imparted with a bit more of my abundant overflow;TRUTH.
WynBeast
WynBeast | 23-08-2007 07:18
Ludman, gtfo my interbuttz.
alla
alla | 23-08-2007 07:21
Cheesus, this old forum became christian? Quit reading the bible once I discovered we had to interpret it. It would be whole more easy if it were a book of regulations with things we can or can't do, yes or no. It was written to difficult understanding or am I pretty damn stupid? Well quite frankly I'd say both things are true.
LudMan
LudMan | 23-08-2007 08:45
Well alla, if you truly believe that in your soul,unfortunately,that's YOUR truth
Oh yeah, no way,I believe most will agree with me,has LSI become Christian
alla
alla | 23-08-2007 09:01
Everyone's truth is only a matter of perception and perspective. I' didn't generalize my thoughts, my words. That is my perception. I'm an ex-believer and I'm pretty satisfied with that fortunately or unfortunately, it was my personal choice. I personally would be glad if religion had a smaller impact on people's live but I respect and support the ones who think different from me.
Jay_The_Viking
Jay_The_Viking | 23-08-2007 13:30
Heh, well, I'm not going to pretend I understand the Bible in its entirety or anything cause I'm far from it. I don't think anyone can fully understand everything in it in their lifetime but I do think I have some idea what I'm talking about. Love and truth go entirely together. My point was you can't really have one without the other.

Also, I use a Catholic Bible, so our translations are probably different, wording is slightly off.
host
host
VYSKOČIT ULOŽIT ukládání ...
Přečtěte si více: