cs

LSI goes Hollywood

Následovat 0
Sdílet
Přidat téma
Vyhledávání
Ray
Ray | 04-03-2007 00:49
LetsSingIt adds a brand new section to the site; movie soundtracks! Soundtracks were already available under the artist section, but now they are clearly organized by movie in their own soundtracks-section. To find movie soundtracks quick and easy, a search on movie and soundtrackname, has been added to the LSI-Search.

No more double soundtrack entries

With this new section we also get rid of the problem of the double occurences of soundtracks on LSI. Soundtracks did not only appear under the performing artist, they also often appeared under the movie name that was added as 'artist' in the artist section. Multiple occurenced on multiple locations, that's confusing. The new setup takes this problem away: A soundtrack is submitted to the artist who performs the song and is linked from a movie on which it is a soundtrack. For example; the titlesong for James Bond's 'Die Another Day' is performed by Madonna, so this soundtrack is added to the Madonna section as normal song. Now, under the movie 'Die Another Day', listed at the soundtrack section, a link is made to this song in the Madonna section, which makes this song also appear as soundtrack under the movie 'Die Another Day'.

Archive cleanup

In the next coming weeks I'm cleaning up the artist archive. All 'artists' that are movie-names are deleted. Their albums are moved to the movie in the soundtrack-section, the songs are moved to their performer or deleted if the song is already listed in there.

Movie moderators

This new soundtrack-section brings us also a new type of moderator, the movie-moderator. Since the soundtrack section does not come with all the features the artist section comes with, moderating a movie mean two things; editting albums and linking artist songs. The linking thing is already explained above. Editting ablums goes in the same way as is done in the artist section.

Some minor soundtrack related things do not work yet. I hope to get them worked within the next week.

Comments, tips, suggestions, etc.... are welcome as usual.
Have fun!

Ray
8 reakce
TheAnnoyance
TheAnnoyance | 04-03-2007 01:04
i have a question.
if there is a movie/tv show not listed in the new section, is there going to be a way to add them?
TheAnnoyance
TheAnnoyance | 04-03-2007 01:08
oo, one other thing.
for example... in the archive is the tv show "The Simpsons".
where alot of the songs are only sung by the show, not by another aritst.

Your saying the old artist copies wil be deleted.
The only songs in Soundtracks is links.

So where will songs like that be now?
TheAnnoyance
TheAnnoyance | 04-03-2007 01:30
* offtopic :
you'd think being the webmaster he could make an internal link =P
they're alot nicer.
Ray
Ray | 04-03-2007 01:37
*internal-lized*
Bucephalus
Bucephalus | 04-03-2007 07:23
Hollywood?
missulikecrazy
missulikecrazy | 04-03-2007 20:13
haha nice Ray ...I'm a movie moderator!
Oryx
Oryx | 05-03-2007 17:41
I wonder the same thing as James.
I'm the artistmoderator for "Buffy -The Vampire Slayer" (the TV show), and one of the albums is a soundtrack to a musicalepisode in the series. Which means that it's the actors who sing the songs, not professional artists. The songs are only to be found in the "Buffy section".

So if the artist Buffy is going to be deleted, are the musicalsongs going to disappear completely then? Just wondering.
Mastahh
Mastahh | 06-03-2007 15:54
Nice though!
host
host
VYSKOČIT ULOŽIT ukládání ...
Přečtěte si více: