LetsSingIt databáze internetových textů
cs
Následovat 0
Sdílet
Přidat téma
Vyhledávání
Ray
Ray | 19-01-2007 14:33
It has been a while, but here is a new update about LSI. Today it is "the day after". Yesterday the biggest storm since years hit the west part of Europe and caused a lot of trouble. In my garden, some trees were blown out and there is some minor damage to the roof of my house. Not much compared with what I've seen on the news. But, let's talk about the site.

It has been about 6 months since the new layout went up. With the latest addition of music videos, the new site is 100% up and running. This does not mean ofcourse that the site has finished. You just can say that the "new site"-project has finished and that it's now time to look ahead. Before I mention these new plans, lets look back and see what has been changed since I wrote the last update about LSI.

1. Anti-spam validation

Spammer find more and more agressive methods to spead out spam. Today also sites are under attack. On forums and submissions forms automated spambots submit spam. Also LSI was under attack. At the pages where it isn't required to be a member (like the add artist, lyrics, correct lyrics, etc) much spam was submitted. On these forms you'll now find an anti-spam validation, which is an image with a code which you have to copy. With this fix the spam seems to be history.

2. Music videos

Since a couple of days LSI provides music videos next to the lyrics. So watch and listen to the video and song along!

3. Menu Dropdown

To the main menu I added a drop down with sub-menus. In this way you can see and navigate easily to what's in every menu. I heard it bothers some people that the dropdowns go over the search bar. I have to think about a solution for that.

4. Poll

At the old site layout the poll was permanently visible on the right column. Because the new site switched to frameless, that was not possible anymore. I created a new POLL section, but people only seem to be willing to vote when the poll is in front of them. So... the poll is back on every page.

5. Albums and Songs section

It seemed some people didn't understand the term 'discography' I initially used on the new site to store the music material of the artists in. Therefore I changed it to a 'albums' and 'songs' section. On the albums section you'll find all music material organized by album. There is an option to sort the albums and show the tracklists on the albums. On the songs section you'll find all music material organized by song. The songs can be sorted in different ways and you have to option to include album information next to each songs.

For the people who think the style used on the old site is not available anymore.... wrong. If you go the the albums-sections and check the option "include tracklists", you have the same style back

6. Survey

Did you already fill out the LSI survey? What do you think about LSI? What's the good part? What's the bad part? I would like to hear it all! The survey won't be up much longer, so hurry!

Let's take a look at the future now, what are my next plans with the site? For the year 2007, the big things I focus on the following :

1. Multi-language

Besides the current english language I want to make LSI available in more languages, so you can use LSI in your own language. This does not only makes it easier to use the site, but also open doors for people who don't speak english.

2. Stats

For each artist, album and song we have now the LSI rank. I'm planning to add the trends. With this "rank trend" you can lookup how the rank changed for the period and for every country. This statistics also give the option to lookup the top 1000 artists, albums and songs for your own country.

3. Members stars

What LSI does not have yet is some kind of member 'rank', a method to express the dedication of a member to the site. The more a member is dedicated to the site, the more credits it should get. I would like to express this credits in terms of 'stars'. This does not only mean just number of stars next to your nickname, but also more privileges then members with a lower number of stars. For example, it takes 1 star before you can signup as artist moderator up to 3 artists and 2 stars for moderating up to 10 artists.

To earn stars I was thinking of something like how long you've been a member, how much you post in the forum, how many artist or lyrics you review, how you do your job as moderator/operator, etc.

That was all for now! Comment are, as always, welcome

Adios!
Ray
8 reakce
TheAnnoyance
TheAnnoyance | 19-01-2007 16:11
cool.

anitpsam- i am so glad you did something about that. the amount of spam going into the review section was stupid.

music videos-love it, great idea.

menu dropdown, i see you have put the search above the drop downs now, another good idea. they dont get in the way now.

poll-but people only seem to be willing to vote when the poll is in front of them. So... the poll is back on every page

i dont see that... weird.
where have you put it?

multi language is a good idea. you'd have to like, have a menu or something on the front page to select your language, and then it like, translates every page you visit into your chosen langauge?

members stars-i'm dont know about this.., i kinda like the idea of like, having more privalages from being here longer or amount you use the site. but, hmm, yeah.
Ray
Ray | 19-01-2007 16:37
I know you don't see the poll, but I think your the only one. Now think about that
TheAnnoyance
TheAnnoyance | 19-01-2007 17:39

only i dont see it?
james is confused
TheAnnoyance
TheAnnoyance | 20-01-2007 00:02
oooooooooooh. the new poll came out and i realised why. i get it now.
lol
mR_PoP
mR_PoP | 20-01-2007 18:19
About the Music videos... I think that's great! and the Menu Dropdown, I think it's look weird but ok...

and about the Members stars, how can you check how the moderators do their job?
Oryx
Oryx | 25-01-2007 18:26
Ouh ... this sounds promising

I like the things you have done to LSI. I have only been a member for a year and a half, but during this time I have seen how the site has developed to be better and better. I know that some people are complaing and saying that "the old LSI was so much better than the new bla bla bla", but I like the new look and the new functions. Sure, it was hard to understand everything when you first saw it, but that's the case with all in life. New things are strange, but once you get used to them you find out that they're pretty good.

I'm really looking forward to the multi-language ...er, thing. I don't mind to write in English, and I like the language, but sometimes it can be difficult to write down your opinions if you don't know how to express yourself. And the stars sound fun too. Not because I think that I'll have some, but still.

Keep on the good work Ray!
TheAnnoyance
TheAnnoyance | 28-01-2007 00:18
also, that new link you've made on the myletssingit overview page when u've just logged in, so you can click to go back to the page you were on before, really useful, thankyou.
Pandora
Pandora | 03-02-2007 16:41
I seriously don't think you should put any kind of member priviledges based on how many posts you have on the forum... we already have members that spam their way to get into the HoF.. it would just make the forum a mess, with members trying to do more.

Maybe by activity ... reviewing and such... or some how set a ratio for forum usage that would consider you, and if you have an extreme/spam ratio it doesn't help you. And there are alot of artist moderators that never even use the forum at all... so you have to take that into consideration.

As for all the other new stuff, the sites getting better.. =)

rockon
tabitha
host
host
VYSKOČIT ULOŽIT ukládání ...
Přečtěte si více: