LetsSingIt databáze internetových textů
cs
Následovat 0
Sdílet
Přidat téma
Vyhledávání
PinkFloyd
PinkFloyd | 22-06-2006 16:39
I'm sure everyone has heard about the girl that has sued MySpace. I, myself, am not a fan of MySpace, but I think this is really getting way out of hand.

Here is the story in more detail.

I don't understand how it is MySpace's fault because she gave out her phone number and information to a total stranger. Myspace claimed that they are dependent on the safety of their members, which, of course is understandable, but what ever happened to people being in control of their own safety? We can't have people looking out for us, and don't tell me that it's okay, because she is young. Everyone knows that the internet can be a dangerous place.

The suit alleges that MySpace has "absolutely no meaningful protections or security measures to protect underage users"

It's called protecting yourself, and whatever happened to parents? Where were the parents in this whole situation? I'm not saying the parents need to know everything that the child does, but if a kid is giving out their information to some stranger, they probably weren't raised by the best parents.

I'm sure people are going to disagree with me. But it seems that everyone is suing everyone these days, you have to look out for yourself.

I'm also not saying that the alleged man that sexually assulted her should run around free, he did lie about his age and other personal information, which is illegal to do on the internet.

Eh, now I am just rambling, it just bothers me that she's suing them for like $30 million dollars, all because she's an idiot.

Here is the story in more detail.

Anyway, tell me what you all think.
51 do 57 z 57 reakce
strana 3 z 3
supasweetgirl
supasweetgirl | 24-06-2006 13:34
^^ You're absolutly right .

The mother has no right to sue the company!
It's her daughter's fault.
And My Space is not responsible at all.
The girl was totally stupid and I make alot of friends online but that doesn't mean that I'll arrange a date with them!
That is totally her fault cuz she gave him the chance.
And maybe the mother is blaming the company while infact is because she wanna victimize her daughter.But I'm not sayin that she's not a victim all I'm saying is that she did sumthin stupid.
AlmightyShmun
AlmightyShmun | 24-06-2006 13:55
you know this also kinda reminds me of the lady that sued mickey'ds for making her fat.

Well, hang on now. That case was pretty legitimate. There are actually a great number of lawsuits being filed against fast food companies because of that. It's been proven that they pump the food full of unhealthy additives, the stuff is addictive, and very obviously makes one overweight in a very short amount of time. The only reason people think it's frivilous is because that's what the company wants you to think.
El_Mono_Loco
El_Mono_Loco | 04-09-2006 03:53
I wonder if this is the story I saw in the paper a few weeks/months ago. A 14 yr old girl here in San Rafael gave out her number to some guy she met on myspace, supposedly another chick she met online recommneded this guy as a photographer and wanted to take pics of her. She said she was 18, though of course she wasn't, gave the dude her number, met him, he took her back to his place, they had sex, he dropped her off at home, and that was it. It was only months later that she told the cops because she saw him with a girl she knew from school and supposedly didn't want him to do the same to her, though I think it was just teenage jealousy. Either way, I wonder if this is the same story, cause that girl was local, lives right down the street. Maybe I can find out who she is and write "Whore" across her front door in pigs blood or something. I hate people that blame the internet and other such people for their own stupidity. They really should be shot.
FiVEWiSHES
FiVEWiSHES | 04-09-2006 04:14
i am a recovering myspace addict
i think it's her fault.
if your 14 years old, you should know better than to give out such personal information to a stranger on the internet. Just because "Uncle Freddy" says his name is "Uncle Freddy" doesn't mean that's who he is.
myspace has flags up that say "don't give your phone number or real name or address or any personal information on myspace."
i think myspace should put a warning up saying "What you do on myspace is on your own account, & if you decide to meet with someone on myspace, & something goes wrong, you cannot blame Myspace."
they say that myspace doesn't care for the welfare of the people on it's website. they have enough protection for people. people just need to be smart & use common sense. you can set your profile to private so only the people you accept as ur friends can see it. as far as im concerned, thats good enough. dont friend request people you don't know & don't accept requests from people you don't know.
Myspace should not be held accountable because of some young, irresponsible, naive girl's actions.
WoundedOne
WoundedOne | 04-09-2006 05:03
Fucking A
cairowinters
cairowinters | 04-09-2006 23:20
Well, hang on now. That case was pretty legitimate. There are actually a great number of lawsuits being filed against fast food companies because of that. It's been proven that they pump the food full of unhealthy additives, the stuff is addictive, and very obviously makes one overweight in a very short amount of time. The only reason people think it's frivilous is because that's what the company wants you to think

People know that that kind of food is bad for them. They know what it can do. So if they still choose to eat it, then it's their fault. Pumping the food full of additives in order to make people addicted is worrying though. If that's true then something should be done about that. But otherwise, I think it's the eaters fault.

Back to the original topic - I think parents are so quick to blame websites because it takes the heat off them and the fact that they neglected to keep an eye on what their child was up to. It's still mostly the childs fault though - all children know they shouldn't give out personal details to strangers - whether they've met them in person or the internet. The only kids who don't know that are too young to know how to use a computer and myspace anyway. These kids know exactly what they're doing when they give out their details. It's only when they get caught by mummy and daddy and get in trouble for it that they start blaming the websites and calling them bad.
xballaholicx
xballaholicx | 16-08-2008 04:33
myspace dork =]
nothing will stop me!
host
host
VYSKOČIT ULOŽIT ukládání ...
Přečtěte si více: